Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was hoping someone on here may be able to help.

I have major skin issues and I'm only 25 (m). I have redness of the nose and cheeks but I don't know if it is rosacea, hyperpigmentation, sun damage or acne damage. I had severe acne as a teen and still have acne to this day. And foolishly I have been sunburned many times when I didn't bother to wear any lotion.

In addition to all this I have vertical and diagonal "wrinkles" on my forehead. Which aren't really wrinkles because they aren't caused by muscle contractions.

I have been thinking about acid chemical facial peels, micro-dermabrasion and intense pulsed light but I don't know if they might do more harm than good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmm... sounds like you may want to visit a derm to me! They could pin point some of the issues like cheek redness!
Microdermabrasion will help greatly with your acne but you need to start wearing some SPF when out in the sun. Photodamage will be the worst skin problem you will ever have if you dont stop it now! Chemical Peels may help with some of the pigmentation & acne.
We cant give you too much info if we dont know if its acne or resacea because you should treat them very differently! Intense pulsed light (IPL) may be able to help with some of your other issues.
For you wrinkles I would reccomend Refirme I have had it done on the forehead for the same reason and it helped tons! It does require a series of 6 treatments which can be somewhat costly.
ReFirme? Skin Tightening | Syneron - Home

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your current skin care routine?
Morning:
Shower
Shave with anti-bacterial shaving gel with aloe vera
Cleanse with Simple Cleanser
Splash cold water
Moisturise with Johnson's "Clean and Clear"

Evening:
Apply DUAC gel (acne cream with benzyl peroxide)

I prob take better care of my skin than most guys! And my diet isn't particularly bad either- I don't eat many sugary crap for the reason I simply don't like it. I don't smoke and I drink alcohol but almost never get myself drunk.

The DUAC gel is helping my acne wonders but I suspect the benzyl peroxide may be making my redness worse.

I have been on loads of acne medication including 2 courses of Roaccutane btw.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My skin also seems to be extreme sensitive at the moment- I have a rash on my lower neck I think is caused by simple rubbing of my dressing gown against it. If that is the case then doing something like having an acidic chemical peel will prob completely wreck my skin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't own any :/

But luckily I live in Scotland and the summer is over now, but I guess I still should wear some.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome Zontaca there is an acne forum that you can read and get some more advice there....and have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts