Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So I bought some HQ4% and some R-A, and I haven't used them on my face. Tried on places of my body -- and then chemicals do work.

I am Bi-Racial, but more tan, and look Asian.

I want to keep my tam-skin, but I want to lighten perhaps 1-2 shades lighter and that is all.

Where can I do something that is permanent? Do I need to keep using HQ if I want to keep my shade? What happens if I stop? Will my skin become darker if I stop using it?

P.S. I have attacked a pictures of my current skin. I appear to be a little golden, which I am aiming for, but it was because of my light -- I think I look a little "muddy." And I want to lighten and bright things up! Other the that, I am okay with my skin. So Yeah 1-2 shades is all I want.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Well then, go for it. YOU have to like the colour you are & feel that it suits you. BTW, it is great having you back! You disappeared on us for a while there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, i love the golden color too, we missed you Hypothermic, good luck and post picture updates!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well then, go for it. YOU have to like the colour you are & feel that it suits you. BTW, it is great having you back! You disappeared on us for a while there.
Thank you. I know. I have just been busy.

But are the results permanent? Do I need to maintain the creams?
I am worried about heath effects if I have to keep applying the creams.

I have read that mono is permanent, but completely depigments the skin, and I don't want to be pure white.

·
Registered
265 Posts
unfortunately you do have to keep it up, just like anything else. Mono is only permanent b/c it kills the melanocytes instead of slowing their production of melanin like hq. In your case, even if you tan again it wouldnt be so bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunately you do have to keep it up, just like anything else. Mono is only permanent b/c it kills the melanocytes instead of slowing their production of melanin like hq. In your case, even if you tan again it wouldnt be so bad.
I don't mind daily application.

But what if I want to apply it all over my body to listen 1-2 shades?
It seems like a lot to maintain -- the health risks. I don't want to get anything from applying so much all the time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Umm.. Maybe what you need is something natural. You won't know, for certain, the health risks of ANY chemical/s unless you try it for yourself. If you're that worried, you may want to google natural skin lighteners. Natural, as in, what can be bought at a whole foods store.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hypothermic, you will need to apply some kind of cream anyways; you might as well use one that'll help you maintain your new colour. Once you've achieved your tone, you'll only need to use it 2-3 times/week to maintain it. So far, there's nothing I've encountered that is 100% permanent. Research I've read says that even with mono some people have been known to re-pigment & Dr's do not yet know why. Nothing that'll lighten you a couple of shades is going to be permanent.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hypothermic what else are you mixed with ??

mmmm mmm you sure are fine whatever you are... but what color do you want to be exactly ?

your skin is very light in my opinion..thats the color i want to be around (light-oliveish)

your very lucky

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hypothermic what else are you mixed with ??

mmmm mmm you sure are fine whatever you are... but what color do you want to be exactly ?

your skin is very light in my opinion..thats the color i want to be around (light-oliveish)

your very lucky
Thanks.

I want a more pale appearance... but I don't want to look white, the color would not look good with my facial features. I just want to lighten up so I can glow a little more? I want to lighten 1-2 shades.

I am half Black and White.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks.

I want a more pale appearance... but I don't want to look white, the color would not look good with my facial features. I just want to lighten up so I can glow a little more? I want to lighten 1-2 shades.

I am half Black and White.
You can try maybe Retin-A and/or MSM if you want to have a more glow-ish appearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts