Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All.

I will be restarting my lightening process.

I still have issues w/ scarring etc...most recently my back area that is a mess
due to using the RA/ HQ improperly.

I am in need of your expertise.

Please let me know if I should be using a higher % of the HQ.

I've read that being Fitz V or darker should use a high strength of HQ for lightening.

Please advise.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
hey blackskingirl, hope you are doing well. Since you have scars from improper usage of HQ/RA, you want to take care of the scars first before you do anything else because if you use a higher percentage of HQ or anything that has lightening ingredients in them, they will interfere with the healing process of the scars and cause them to permanently become dark and embedded into the skin and you dont want that. So just use the Retin-A LIGHTLY on all your areas, including the scars, b/c the Retin-A will greatly help in evening/healing your scars. Then later on when you are all set, you would need HQ in concentrations of more than 4%, around 10-20% to lighten a fitz V shades, but you could always start again with the HQ/RA routine and this time use it PROPERLY by reading around here. After a few month of the RA/HQ 4% you could give it a boost with the higher concentrations.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just read the following post:

Retin-A - SKIN's BEST FRIEND BUT>>>BE CAREFUL!

That was very timely.

The articles was extremely helpful...However, your guidance is priceless.

I'm starting to think I should offer payment for your expertise!

Thank you again LNL

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Blackskingirl, correction, even though I said that it takes more than a 4% HQ concentration to significantly lighten a Fitz V to a III or a really high yellow, I would rather not suggest that you use anything higher than 4% such as 10 or 20% over a prolonged period of 3 to 6 months. Our resident scientist MADelong, confirmed that using 4% HQ over a very long period of time doesnt have any negative or adverse effects whatsoever but using it in high concentrations from 10-20% has shown rebound hyperpigmentation in animal testing. I would just use HQ 4% and Retin-A so as long as I can, even if it takes 2 to 3 years to get to my goal, I am in pretty sure it will take 2 to 3 years for you to reach that high yellow from a fitz V if you STUCK with it and used sunblock and protective clothing. 2 to 3 years is NOTHING compared to a lifetime of lighter skin, you might as well be safe than sorry in the end.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello every one,

i'm new to skin lightning. i just got obagi HQ 4% (pm blender) and retin A 0.1%. i desperately need to get rid of some hyperpigmentation on my legs. Can any body help me how i am going to blend these two, in how much concentration? Is there an improper way of using it? Are the warnings (side effects) about HQ true? i am scared of starting it at all. what do i have to know? Please help.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Blackskingirl, correction, even though I said that it takes more than a 4% HQ concentration to significantly lighten a Fitz V to a III or a really high yellow, I would rather not suggest that you use anything higher than 4% such as 10 or 20% over a prolonged period of 3 to 6 months. Our resident scientist MADelong, confirmed that using 4% HQ over a very long period of time doesnt have any negative or adverse effects whatsoever but using it in high concentrations from 10-20% has shown rebound hyperpigmentation in animal testing. I would just use HQ 4% and Retin-A so as long as I can, even if it takes 2 to 3 years to get to my goal, I am in pretty sure it will take 2 to 3 years for you to reach that high yellow from a fitz V if you STUCK with it and used sunblock and protective clothing. 2 to 3 years is NOTHING compared to a lifetime of lighter skin, you might as well be safe than sorry in the end.
who or wwhat is fitz v?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts