Skin Care Talk banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
@havis Sorry i am just replying now..
Did u also buy ur qei lotion/serum nd d others frm kuddy’s??
U mixed ur qei lotion nd serum together?? Wow!!
Me ive bin using like d lady adviced, which is lotion nd serum mix in palm.
So far so good, nothing yet. Still patient thou!!

I guess u added d rosehip oil for moisture.
Are u using only d topiclear lightening krim on ur face as ur face lightener???
How do u manage d hq in it in dis nigeria sun??

I got peau de lune brown cleanser to use on my face 3-4times a week to speed up lightening BUT i noticed d consistency of d cleanser is drawing like okra soup (which was never like dat wen i used it last year) I feel like i probably bought fake or something.

Can u recommend a good effective lightening cleanser/toner i can use for face lightening.

I even hve 2lemonvate serums, 1ikb serum nd 1ikb gel that i absolutely hve no idea wat 2 do with dem.
Yes i got everything from Kuddy. I believe they are the distributors of Topiclear and black opal in Nigeria, so far so good, I have not had any complaints with them.
I don't have the patience to mix cream + serum in my palm every morning and evening. and yes I added the rosehip oil for its moisturizing and skin-building properties ( even though QEI lotion is a bit moisturizing). For me it is not just about light skin, it is about healthy light skin, cos i see a lot of ladies out there with light but dull & unhealthy skin.

The topiclear lightening carrot cream come in a tube, i use just as a face Lightner and I'm hardly in the sun. I work indoors and if i have to go out on weekends, I use sunscreen or postpone till evening time.

I do not trust the ingredients in the peau de lune lotion/cleanser because my friend's aunt used it and it gave her sunburn and hyper-pigmentation. i don't know if she used fake or original.

why don't you add your IKB serum to your QEI mix? it will work really well. use the IKB gel & lemonvate serum on your face (at night), that would also work.

Since last year I started to incorporate more natural skin care products. I use the Thayers Witch hazel toner day and night on my face, followed by Palmers skin therapy oil FOR FACE, then the topiclear lightener. I am acne prone and this is the clearest my face has been.

I use a Tumeric and licorice soap from an organic soap brand.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes i got everything from Kuddy. I believe they are the distributors of Topiclear and black opal in Nigeria, so far so good, I have not had any complaints with them.
I don't have the patience to mix cream + serum in my palm every morning and evening. and yes I added the rosehip oil for its moisturizing and skin-building properties ( even though QEI lotion is a bit moisturizing). For me it is not just about light skin, it is about healthy light skin, cos i see a lot of ladies out there with light but dull & unhealthy skin.

The topiclear lightening carrot cream come in a tube, i use just as a face Lightner and I'm hardly in the sun. I work indoors and if i have to go out on weekends, I use sunscreen or postpone till evening time.

I do not trust the ingredients in the peau de lune lotion/cleanser because my friend's aunt used it and it gave her sunburn and hyper-pigmentation. i don't know if she used fake or original.

why don't you add your IKB serum to your QEI mix? it will work really well. use the IKB gel & lemonvate serum on your face (at night), that would also work.

Since last year I started to incorporate more natural skin care products. I use the Thayers Witch hazel toner day and night on my face, followed by Palmers skin therapy oil FOR FACE, then the topiclear lightener. I am acne prone and this is the clearest my face has been.

I use a Tumeric and licorice soap from an organic soap brand.
@havis I don’t hve acne, in fact i am not even prone to having acne so do u think i can use thayers witch hazel toner on my face???

Is this d palmers skin therapy face oil u meant?? Also, did u buy d palmers oil AND thayers witch hazel at kuddys’ aswell??

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
@havis I don’t hve acne, in fact i am not even prone to having acne so do u think i can use thayers witch hazel toner on my face???

Is this d palmers skin therapy face oil u meant?? Also, did u buy d palmers oil AND thayers witch hazel at kuddys’ aswell??
Yes, that is it. it is so good! and No I didn't get it or the Thayers Witch Hazel from Kuddy. I don't even know if they have it. I got it from Amazon.

Although I see some Instagram beauty vendors selling the Thayers witch hazel toner, I'm not sure how legit it is.

I think the Thayers toner is good for all skin types because it is not drying at all.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes, that is it. it is so good! and No I didn't get it or the Thayers Witch Hazel from Kuddy. I don't even know if they have it. I got it from Amazon.

Although I see some Instagram beauty vendors selling the Thayers witch hazel toner, I'm not sure how legit it is.

I think the Thayers toner is good for all skin types because it is not drying at all.
@havis Thnks girrl
For some reason i don’t know how to buy something on amazon.
Do i have 2 hve a domicillary or naira acct or wat.
Please can u give me a detailed way u buy stuff on there.

I have dat same problem too with how to buy stuff on AliExpress.
Please educate my olodo self, lol

·
Registered
689 Posts

@havis Thnks girrl

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
@TRIUMPH i mainly use it only once a day and at night and only at night, 3- 4days a week and the other days i use dove exfoliating soap or use dove body wash.
Thanks so much I intend to use KA soap at night 3days I want to make sure I am not doing too much, what about your LA/GA lotion how do you incorporate it into your regimen?

·
Registered
128 Posts
@havis Thnks girrl

I use mallforafrica.com for Amazon because some amazon goods don't ship to Nigeria. I have the app. it is pretty straight forward. you pay with your naira visa card or naira MasterCard and within 2-3 weeks you get your goods delivered to your doorstep.

aliexpress on the other hand ships to Nigeria. it is straightforward, choose your preferred shipping option(standard shipping ships to Nipost, so you pick up from NIpost, and there is DHL, UPS etc). you pay with your naira visa card or naira MasterCard

·
Registered
689 Posts
I use mallforafrica.com for Amazon because some amazon goods don't ship to Nigeria. I have the app. it is pretty straight forward. you pay with your naira visa card or naira MasterCard and within 2-3 weeks you get your goods delivered to your doorstep.

aliexpress on the other hand ships to Nigeria. it is straightforward, choose your preferred shipping option(standard shipping ships to Nipost, so you pick up from NIpost, and there is DHL, UPS etc). you pay with your naira visa card or naira MasterCard
@havis Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Hello Crew!
Popping in to see how everyone is doing... How's your lightening going?

As for me, I'm awaiting facefire. I'm doing a YPO on my face. I just realized that I often do these during the spring/summer months instead of windter & fall but oh well. It has to be done. I've also noticed that the suppliers for YPO have shriveled up! What is going on? Its like there's a shortage or something...? Lucky for me, I have quite the stash.

I'm holding on at NC50. I shade dropped over the winter but not by much. Nothing a sauna suit and a LA bath cant handle. I may just do that tomorrow, since I'll have time.

·
Administrator
33,642 Posts
What is going on?? @TRIUMPH @gymrat @johnDave
I've been MIA for a minute but somehow I missed this one completely!!!!

https://www.happi.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2017-09-27/nj-judge-issues-injunction-against-flawless-beauty
You've been gone longer than a minute.....:stickpoke: we've missed you Hip :knuddel::knuddel::knuddel:

As for Flawless Beauty......this is old news, your reading articles from Sept, 2017 silly!!

As for your YPO, isn't that always how it goes.....we get geared up to do things when we shouldn't, lol. Glad you have a stash, I've heard others out searching hi and low for it. Better hide your stuff or sleep with one eye open :tiptoe:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hi @gymrat :icon_cheers:
@hipvalley How is your journey going?

Currently started up using IKB gel on my dark spots and a Lemonvate lotion mix with Lemonvate Serum and IKB serum I'm using daily though. Any recommendations on a product to add to boost this mix?

Also ordered some Acetyl Gluta to test.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
@gymrat - Wow, I guess I really missed it by a mile. I had no idea. @TRIUMPH, this is where I was getting most of my KA soaps from. Are they closed? The web site is still up??

@PinotNoir - :wave: Hi, I'm doing ok. My body has maintained its shade but my face and neck took a sun beating for all the times I didn't use my sunscreen. I'm doing a YPO and waiting for my face to peel so I can get back on top. My face typically lightens fast, so I'm not worried about it. Its "the labor of the doing" that I'm dreading...

Are you using any lightening soaps? I would recommend a good KA or Glutathione one with that combination.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
do Glutathione soaps work? I've heard mixed things.

I'll start using Kojie San again with a toothbrush on my knees, feet and elbows. I've made the mistake of going overboard with acids and am more cautious.

How has the YPO been working for you? Does it irritate the skin?

Oh yes, the "labor of doing". I know all about that dread

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
do Glutathione soaps work? I've heard mixed things.

I'll start using Kojie San again with a toothbrush on my knees, feet and elbows. I've made the mistake of going overboard with acids and am more cautious.

How has the YPO been working for you? Does it irritate the skin?

Oh yes, the "labor of doing". I know all about that dread
My first lightening attempt I used the Diana Stalder glutathione soap and I jumped about 4 shades. Then I met my husband and we went to the beach!!! Neophyte error..,

YPO is coming along nicely. My face isn’t peeling in sheets though. Mostly shedding is how I would describe it. I keep A&D ointment on and I “rinse” my face with water at least 2-3 times a day. Right now I’ve got this grey-ish tone to my forehead and the sides of my face. That’s just dead skin that isn’t ready to come off yet. It’ll peel soon and I’ll be a beautiful butterfly.

Peeling doesn’t irritate my skin. Agitation the freshly peeled skin does though. Not sure if you’ve seen my threads but I’ve had enough PiH to last me, you and half this forum for a lifetime. Lessons I’ve learned and dare not repeat.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
This peeling is nothing like how I remember. I’m totally micro-flaking and the sides of my face haven’t budged yet. The results look pretty good so far but I’d rather see much more shedding and peeling going on.

I don’t even have the usual sting from hell facefire - which is totally abnormal for my peels. Also I notice that my pores are larger. Must be the product??? I’m pretty sure I’ve had this YPO for a while. The bottle was kept in a drawer away from sunlight. I guess it’s ok.

I’m really looking forward to getting my face even with my chest. Then I’ll work on shading up to nw43. That’s about 2 shades up from where I am now.

261 - 280 of 309 Posts