Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.....something weird is going on. Recently I haven't been seeing any lightening. In fact I think I'm getting darker! I'm not sure if its just me being paranoid but..... I'm worried. Is this normal? I seem to have hit a wall and its realllyyyyy annoying.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
sometimes, the skin lightening plateau's, you skin goes to its peak and it lightens in cycles and since you have stopped using Retin-A, it is going to come slower. I strongly recommend you go back on the RA, or if u cant then use the Carotein Nousishing Cream - http://www.texasbeautysupplies.com/snjar.html this makes your skin peel like crazy then use HQ with that. Use sunblock at all times and wear a hat to cover ur face.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sigh ok i think i'll start on the 0.1% RA tube now. I didnt want to have to deal with the peeling, cause it is kind of embarrassing, but I don't want to be wasting my HQ. So i'll start back the RA, it'll take getting a bit more accustomed too beacuse i haven't used RA in a while and especially since i've only started with using 0.025%. Well, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There's an even weaker 0.025% you can get. LNL, in another thred, you mentioned this stuff with all these acidic ingredients in balanced concentrations. Do you think it might help Reyaz?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi guys.....something weird is going on. Recently I haven't been seeing any lightening. In fact I think I'm getting darker! I'm not sure if its just me being paranoid but..... I'm worried. Is this normal? I seem to have hit a wall and its realllyyyyy annoying.
THanks for Sharing Reyaz.. the same is happeing here.. i thought of trying the nadinola 3% or a HQ free substitue as i dont want anything weird happening to my skin.. what is your regimine like now?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Retin-A is not as acidic as HQ, and it does work very well with HQ. But on the flip side it causes major drying and extreme peeling. I'm just gonna have to find a way to use it effectively without compromising on daily activities. Well pink, im not sure exactly what my regime would look like now, trying to organize something. Its most likely that i'll be needing an exfoliating cloth...lol.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Well Retin-A is not as acidic as HQ, and it does work very well with HQ. But on the flip side it causes major drying and extreme peeling. I'm just gonna have to find a way to use it effectively without compromising on daily activities. Well pink, im not sure exactly what my regime would look like now, trying to organize something. Its most likely that i'll be needing an exfoliating cloth...lol.
i was actually referring to the one that you were using. I was just trying to see if there were any areas that could be added or deleted to get better results.. im working on revamping mine as well... I know that your skin will only show results when balanced so i was considering stopping the Likas when i run out and use a dove moisturizing body wash...for less chance of my skin being dry and not responding to the lightening products**

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Go figure: the Dove bodywashes make me break out in an ugly burning rash that itches like crazy! Perhaps it is the heavy fragrances or the way the heavy formulation leaves me feeling coated in something.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Go figure: the Dove bodywashes make me break out in an ugly burning rash that itches like crazy! Perhaps it is the heavy fragrances or the way the heavy formulation leaves me feeling coated in something.
I actually stopped using it because of the coated feeling... i am just not sure that the Likas wont dry my skin out eventualy and cause adverse effects.. have you ever tried kojic or glutathione soaps?

·
Registered
265 Posts
what is your routine? How long have you been doing it? <---- this may be the key. They are right about cycles. You have to have a break in which yeah you will darken a bit and then start again. Thats just how skin is. Its like working out too. You hit a plateu and you gotta sto and then switch up the routine and you start seeing results again.

Switch products like they said. Like try the carotien creme as opposed to a lower stregnth of retin a. Give the ra a break and trying aha's/bha's for a while. They will keep you bright then bring the retin a back in after about 4-6 weeks. Give your skin a break from hq. Try using it only 1-2 times a week and use natural lighters or high dosages of vitamin c and glycolics. Then gradually increase hq use until you are back to daily usage.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
THe Likas hasn't dried me out so far...I did try a kojic/papaya soap & it dripped a messy orange glop all over the shower & it stung too much so I replaced it with the Likas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im getting slightly worried....although everyone is being super friendly and helpful.....seems to me there are new regimes popping out to counter attack the HQ + RA problems. Dude i really hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Don't worry Donaldo. This is normal & to be expected: everyone's skin is unique & adapts differently. Some people just don't tolerate RA. Most eventually CAN integrate it into their routine through going slowly & buffering it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE! I havent started any the RA 0.1% but all of a sudden my skin started lightening again. I believe its the cycle finally catching up. So don't fear, HQ is here! lol....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts