Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here and lean toward the natural side of skin care. I've been working in Body Care departments in health food stores for nearly a decade, and am a total serum junkie!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy and welcome. So what is your favorite serum?

Ok, I really like Mychelle's Notox Serum for wrinkles; I get lip wrinkles and this stuff erases them before your very eyes!

I also really like Grateful Body Sea Cell Serum for all over facial nourishment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Illuminara and welcome! Are there any specific brands that you like and why?
Well, I am a total facial care snob- I really like Mychelle; Myra has very interesting formulations that mix food with science. For example, she really likes to use ingredients like pumpkin wine, and unique amino acids (the new Pumpkin Hydrating Mist is incredible!!!)

I also really love Grateful Body-I've been using it for years. It's designed by a sweet, adorable acupuncturist in Berkeley, and is super clean, and you really see results. When I was working on the sales floor, I would recommend these products, and then a few days later women would come back and thank me for it.

John Masters organic has some really yummy stuff, I like the Jojoba Ginseng Cleanser. Zia's best product (in my opinion) is the Ultimate Exfoliant, a papaya enzyme exfoliant that really helped my friend rid her gorgeous face of sun damage, and their C serum is one of the best formulas on the market.

For those who are economically challenged, Earth Science is a great line, most every product has hyaluronic acid in it.

I don't really like Dr Hauschka (they are snobby brats) and their products nearly tore my face apart.

For sun care, it's gotta be Hara; Squeaky clean ingredients, nice company and very effective at keeping a beige gal like me from burning up. I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really? You don't like Dr H? Sorry the reps are brats, here they aren't so bad!
I like their Cleansing Cream and find it very mild!
I tried a lot of their products, and none of it really worked well for me, so I became a Grateful Body junkie. The owner/formulator Shannon is a loving, caring, delight of a person and I found over the years that usually, the nicer the company, the better the products!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts