Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im glad to join here. Im a 25 year old student and part time model. Im thinking of modelling full time, and I take care of my body and skin "as if I was 64", lol. So, I read about a few products on the web and I wondered if any of you knew them & had an opinion. Im out in the sun a lot & think that it's never too early to start caring hard for your skin. The products are:
PROTOTYPE #37-C (OROVO Labs)
PRIMERA
DERMALEXIN
DERMAPRIL
DERMALASTYL-B

Any thoughts?
Chris M.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
All look good to me but not really essential. You are going to have to brace yourself for a barrage of SUNBLOCK screams (just a friendly warning). At 25 your skin is just turning the corner and starting its decline. I would recommend vitamin C serums and a healthy diet, excercise and good supplements. Never burn and take sun "holidays" (stay out of the sun for periods) and you should be more or less ok. Many people advocate total sun avoidance but personally I think this is a bit unrealistic and even if it meant a bit more wrinkles for me I would rather do moderate sun exposure balanced with diet, excercise and proper skin care. I was tanorexic though and now I am recovering but at some point I intend on excercising moderation in my sun intake. You can avoid the sun 100% but I see my mother and her friends and she was like me and in the sun ALL the time and some of her friends never saw the sun and they are as wrinkled if not more wrinkled than her. I think sun burn is a bigger indication as to how much damage you will sustain BUT it is a proven fact that avoiding the sun is better for your skin. I ramble on that issue because it is certain to be among the top issues that come up when you ask about prevention.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I trust Fawnie with any skincare questions--she is the QUEEN of this all! If you have a product she will know all about it! Thanks Fawnie!!

One question though--Dermapril scam is unfortunately pretty standard in the industry these days, especially non marketed products that use the internet as their main marketing medium. Other than the "free trial" scam, anything else that is negative about it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im afraid I got one name wrong. It should have been PREVERA.
and WOW! Googling these is weird! Half it seems are undisclosed "long" elaborate ADS for the treatments & hslf are articles attacking them as scams!
Occasionally you find an objective Consumer Reports style review, but its rare.
If I do modelling full time, I expect to stay out of the sun, so Im more interested in "skin improvement" and "anti aging" products than sunscreens, which I know well. So--knowing that miracles are for religion not skin care--do you know of any really remarkable products, esp. with new technical elements?
Not miracles, but something remarkable? Im looking into all organic products as well as highly "advanced science", which might be a scam too. LOL

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Have you tried Retin-A and vitamin C serum + sunscreen? These have been studied extensively and shown to be of benefit with reversing the effects of photoaging.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Im afraid I got one name wrong. It should have been PREVERA.
and WOW! Googling these is weird! Half it seems are undisclosed "long" elaborate ADS for the treatments & hslf are articles attacking them as scams!
Occasionally you find an objective Consumer Reports style review, but its rare.
If I do modelling full time, I expect to stay out of the sun, so Im more interested in "skin improvement" and "anti aging" products than sunscreens, which I know well. So--knowing that miracles are for religion not skin care--do you know of any really remarkable products, esp. with new technical elements?
Not miracles, but something remarkable? Im looking into all organic products as well as highly "advanced science", which might be a scam too. LOL
This is why I asked Fawnie about whether the actual products were bad or the marketing/sales practices were bad? I know that Leslie Baumann is a very known and respected name in skincare and she runs a brand new skin-aging research center in Miami and she endorses a product called Relastin which was one of the first things I bought when I moved to USA. I did not know of the "free trial" being an agreement to cancel IF I did not want to be locked into a monthly (45 days in this case) supply being charged and sent to me over and over.

The marketing is a scam but to me it seems unfortunately to be pretty standard. Prevage is very good I have seen results on a neighbour btw. She is like 50 something and she looks much younger.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are just too many negative reviews aboute these fake wonder drugs. I m glad internet has the power to saev consumers from making the worng choices. You just need to put in an effort to search for products before you go ahead an buy them.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I always google a product with "scam" or "rip off" next to it and see what comes up. Most of the time something will if it is a scam or rip off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the only kind of 'scam' out there is when they don't guarantee your money back if their product doesn't work. I would love to go back to all those previous companies that I spent so much money on in the past and get my money back!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hoaxes.
The only miracles are in religion, not skincare.

Read some of the complaints against just one of these scam companies. They get you to sign up for automatic reorder and then good luck! trying to stop the payments to them when you find out that the products are less than you hoped for.

Dermapril-SP Trial Experiences
So true Fawnie, no miracles here
Most of these "free trials" are not honest and make you sign up for autoshipment and internet is full of bad reviews about such companies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts