Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. glad i joined. neeeeeddddd advice for my 35 year old skin.
i eat totally healthy, get way too much exercise, am NOT stressed out,
and am getting bad acne. and it has been 4 years now of pretty constant,
and have tried, seriously, everything, from salicylic acid, retinoids, glycolics,
alphas, betas, kojics, oil free, oil for oily skin, mattifiers, minerals, high end, low end.
help please!
oh, besides this skin crap, i am very happy person. haha

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
hey. glad i joined. neeeeeddddd advice for my 35 year old skin.
i eat totally healthy, get way too much exercise, am NOT stressed out,
and am getting bad acne. and it has been 4 years now of pretty constant,
and have tried, seriously, everything, from salicylic acid, retinoids, glycolics,
alphas, betas, kojics, oil free, oil for oily skin, mattifiers, minerals, high end, low end.
help please!
oh, besides this skin crap, i am very happy person. haha
Wow- sounds familiar. I am 40 and lived the life of the adult acne. I kicked the habit with Accutane and have been Accutane free for 4 months-
It worked like a champ. I know it isn't for everyone, been there, heard it, so if you aren't for it, don't worry there are other options.

What topicals have you tried? And are you talking mild, moderate, severe, or are you talking cystic?

There is hope, trust me-

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome! I love CO! What a Bee-You-Tea-Full state!! I visited Denver last May and can't wait to go back!

Best of luck with your skin problems!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sunnyhills welcome, have you tried proactiv it was working for me at one timethe only thing is they send it to you about every month and 1/2., you have to call them and tell them to ease up anyways try washing your face with neutrogena soap ( I think I spelled that right) good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for the advic e.
proactiv does not work as i seem to be allergic to salycilic acid, glycolics, retinols, and so on...
and cannot do birth control, makes me pyscho, and havent tried accutane, but it will prob be too strong for me. since the other stuff is...
nice huh?
i got that clay, bentonite clay, suggested by someone else, from Vit shoppe,
and it helped. will use every other night.
and am now trying Caudalie products.
i think i need microdermabrasion or something. anyone tried that?
Colordo does rock, btw!!
i wouldnt live anywhere else

hey, is anyone allergic to topical antioxidants? i heard it is possible!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts