Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow I just received my renova .05% in the mail! I feel like I have liquid gold in my hand! now the adventure begins: the purging..the peeling..etc. Just kidding. I'm excited

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered from Medsmex and everything was just fine----no problems. this morning my face is slightly tight and breakouts are tiny bit more pronounced. for now I am going to do every three day for a week or two and then every two days, etc. so I know how my skin will do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Kiera.

As it happens I managed to get Retin-A 0.01% prescribed by my GP this morning so hope I get good results too!

But it says on the packet to give it 6-8 weeks to make any difference to skin... has anyone tried this and know if this is right or if they have seen results sooner? I would be very grateful for your input! And likewise, I will report back on my findings...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Retin A is absolutely amazing stuff. Liquid gold is correct! My mother has been using it for a about 3 months now. When we went to the plastic surgeon's office to pick up my daughter after her rhinoplasty, the Dr. came out. He thought she was in her late 40's ...she turns 73 in fall. She has never had any plastic surgery or any injections etc. The retin A has transformed her skin. It is smooth, the pores have become fine, it is tighter, the discolouration (melasma) is gone. Some raised moles & skin tags have shredded off. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with your results too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read lots of reviews for retin a online while waiting for mine to come in the mail. on average i remember people saying they saw some sort of positive after a couple of weeks. to me, it seemed a lot of people were battling through the purging and/or peeling so much so that when it calmed down they could see something. the purging is my greatest fear and so right now I am taking it slow and using it every three days for two weeks and then every two day and then every other day, etc...you get the picture. If you type in retin a on google you'll find lots of other people's experiences and understand everybody's skin reacts a little or a lot differently

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Viterol-A only has retinol which is totally different than retin-a. Retin-A is more effective at treating photoaging, but retinol has its place too. Here is a good explanation if you have time to read:

Skin Care Myths and Misconceptions: Retinol vs Retin A

I use Viterol-A eye cream at night after my Retin-A, waiting about 30 minutes, but wouldn't rec this unless you have been using Retin-A a while and know that it won't irritate your eye area too much.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was a bit impatient as didnt think my GP would prescribe me Retin-A, so I ordered some SkinCeuticals Retinol which just happened to come in today's post, I know Retin-A is stronger, but the Retinol I bought claims to help with pore size as well as lines, I might use the SkinCeuticals on my forehead, and the Retin-A on my cheeks/under eyes and compare what happens.. do a little test!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I was a bit impatient as didnt think my GP would prescribe me Retin-A, so I ordered some SkinCeuticals Retinol which just happened to come in today's post, I know Retin-A is stronger, but the Retinol I bought claims to help with pore size as well as lines, I might use the SkinCeuticals on my forehead, and the Retin-A on my cheeks/under eyes and compare what happens.. do a little test!
You could alternate the retinol/Retin-A. Just a suggestion.

Or break your skin in with the retinol then move up to Retin-A. That's what I did with Green Cream (retinol) before Retin-A. That way my skin didn't peel or get too irritated. I did purge with the Green Cream but not so much then with the Retin-A.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What's the difference between peeling & purging?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
peeling is the skin peeling and purging is the zits coming to the surface and your skin purging itself of blemishes and stuff that's been kept underneath the surface

1 - 12 of 12 Posts