Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive been making my own lip balm for healthy and soft lips so not for the colour or smell lol

so far im putting....

Beeswax
shea butter
vassiline
tiny bit of olive oil

in the lip balm but its a soft consistency and i want it a little harder.
what else can i add or swap that will make it harder and also more healthier for lips????

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
How are you protecting the lips from uv rays?
Excellent point Peri. What about some titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. Some of the online companies have in as a raw ingredient, but is it safe to ingest as with a lip balm? Here ya go in the 10# drum:
Zinc oxide powder, USP Bulk | Camden Grey Essential Oils

I always put sunscreen on my lips anyway. But licking them and eating removes it so easily. My Fresh Sugar Treatment Lip Balm is only spf15 - kinda wimpy.

Green tea extract, vit C, vit E all have some spf properties.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Fawnie, you know too much.

Seriously how do you keep all that in your head without it exploding?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol thank you
with the vitimin E i was thinking of getting those tablets and squezzing out the liquid into the lip balm

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sure, you could, megan, but it would be sticky! I think you have to juggle the ratios of beeswax and other ingred to firm it up more. Peppermint oil is a nice addition too!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh thanks

thants the only problem i have with all these liquids cuz it ends up not hard enough! lol i might just have to put more beeswax in then

oh i herd that vasilne was bad for you
lol any know about this if its true or not?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
yeh thanks

thants the only problem i have with all these liquids cuz it ends up not hard enough! lol i might just have to put more beeswax in then

oh i herd that vasilne was bad for you
lol any know about this if its true or not?
I think it is. It's a petroleum-based hydrocarbon that clogs pores and prevents perspiration from evaporating. Plus I don't like it in lipstick and gloss - who wants to eat petroleum?

Here's a link to other potentially harmful ingredients:

Potentially harmful ingredients

Skin | care | talk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts