Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All

I am so desperate! I have been struggeling with my pigmentation for 8 years now! I have tried every thing possilble. Soft Lazer treatment, lightening creams, beauty clinic products and now I found this website in Australia that sells "The Green Herb Peel". It is called "homepeel pty ltd" and they are based in Australia. I wanna buy the products but I want to know if anyone heard of this product?
Before I spend more of my hard earned money, on soething that might not work again! PLEASE let me know out there!
Thanx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Meme, I've never heard of the peel your asking about. A lot of the people on this forum get their peels from MakeupArtistsChoice.com and they are reasonably priced. I don't know if they ship internationally. Also, I've seen peels on e-bay. One of the things most people recommend is starting slowly so you don't burn your face. Read thru the glycolic and the tca threads in anti-aging. I think you'll have a lot more questions to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Meme,
I haven't heard of homepeel, but my girlfriend had a skin peel done & all her skin hardened like crispy pork & flaked off after a week leaving her skin red. After a few more days it looked better, but now it's a few months down the line & her skin looks hagged. (could be because she's a smoker) I did read that if you keep removing these layers it utimately exposes your skin to more damage faster. I posted on another site that I'm a great believer in the Genie RF100. It doesn't damage the surface of your skin but helps rejuvenate collagen from within. For what it's worth, the pores of my skin have become much finer & my husband is using it also & he's had deep acne scars since he was a teenager & within 3 months they've improved by 75%. Cheers

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site! Have you tried looking for reviews of the product? there might be some on makeupalley. Good luck!

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Sct Legends what do you think????
I'm not a Legend yet but working on it.

Read this from that link.....I have only one thing to say...BS.....No way in hell does it compare to Tretinoin.

Rose Hip Oil is rich in Vitamin C and it is in the form of an essential fatty acid (EFA) which is essential in preventing damage to skin tissue.

The best feature of Rose Hip Oil is its ability to produce all the benefits of tretinoin without the side effects. What is tretinoin you ask? It’s a miracle ingredient. Have you ever heard of Retin-A? In the past it was prescribed in a cream form to help cure acne. As a side effect it was noticed that fine lines and wrinkles were decreasing, in some cases disappearing!

Retin-A contains tretinoin which is an acid form of Vitamin A that is effective in improving cell production, replenishes and helps rebuild skin tissue.

Before you run out to there chemist to purchase it, you may need to know that it is now by prescription only because when using tretinoin, your skin becomes extremely photo sensitive, so if you get any sun exposure you can do damage Tretinoin also has a number of side effects like skin shedding and redness. You really eed to be advised by a professional in the effects of tretinoin before you begin to use it.

Back to what Rose Hip Oil and Tretinoin have in common. Rose Hip Oil also contains a trans-retinoic acid (tretinoin). So by using Rose Hip Oil, you get to enjoy all the benefits of tretinoin without the side effects. Rose Hip Oil also contains antioxidants in the form of Vitamin E.

Just a little note here to let you know that Homepeel is in current development of a new skin cream that will mimic the effects of Retin-A.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Found the site , I checked for reviews all I found were links from the co. itself.Homepeel - A skin peel you do yourself at home for a fraction of the cost. Glycolic peel - About Us
The ingredients look interesting. Have to wait for the SCT Experts for advice: Fawnie, Gymrat,Peri what do you think is this our version of green cream???
I think a site like this is TOO busy. It is trying way too hard to sell you their product. And I wouldn't try anything from a company who wants to pay YOU a $100??
I will stick to my peels from MakeupArtistsChoice.

Lydia, if you do try it, please let us know how it works. It does have some nice ingredients. But to compare Rosehip oil to RA???? I just don't think so.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nope not trying this sticking to proven real ingredients as advised
Retin A the real stuff.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The only real active I see in the Homepeel is salicylic acid (an aspirin mask would work as well IMO). Everything else *might* work but it would take a lot longer than something like tretinoin, retinol, glycolic acid and actives like that if you were really going for a PEEL.

Adonna, I'm glad the Genie RF 100 is working for you!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts