Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used honey as skin care? What exactly do you do with it....how is it used and for what....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Honey can be used as a face mask. Apply a thin film of honey with your fingertips and massage it into skin. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off. Also, honey is excellent for treating burns.

Warmest regards,

redrose

PS: Manuka honey is anti-bacterial.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Honey can be used as a face mask. Apply a thin film of honey with your fingertips and massage it into skin. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off. Also, honey is excellent for treating burns.

Warmest regards,

redrose

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hi there,

Warmest regards,

redrose

PS: Manuka honey is anti-bacterial.
See the link below. There is another thread on this topic, and manuka honey in particular is discussed and highly recommended by many of us here.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/basic-sk...omplexion.html

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes! Honey! Especially manuka honey made from tea tree flowers in NZ!
I use it as a mask and I eat it too.

This link tells you about it:
Manuka Honey

I used it just yesterday to heal a burn I had from using a product on my face that was too strong. My skin was red, tight, painful, swollen and starting to blister. I kept putting manuka honey on it and misting it with Avene Thermal Water all day and even most of the night. When I woke up today it was nearly gone and not blistering any more. No peeling, redness or dryness. The honey even relieved the pain on contact.

It's wonderful stuff isn't it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I used it just yesterday to heal a burn I had from using a product on my face that was too strong. My skin was red, tight, painful, swollen and starting to blister. I kept putting manuka honey on it and misting it with Avene Thermal Water all day and even most of the night. When I woke up today it was nearly gone and not blistering any more. No peeling, redness or dryness. The honey even relieved the pain on contact.

Fawnie........what happened? You burned yourself using what????

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

Fawnie........what happened? You burned yourself using what????
Undiluted Tazarotene I remember her saying

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Whoa Whoa Whoa peri!!! I thought I was the only crazy up

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
And are you serious? Taz burned her face? Ouch! and Wow!!! Not good, not good fawnie. Well thank goodness for honey then

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hey I resemble that remark.
Just woke up after a lil nap. You know us babies and our sleeping patterns.
Yep love those sleeping patterns.....or lack of.

I am watching comedy central and they are poking fun of Alabama. It is rather entertaining. I know Alabama is close to GA. When we were there last, we drove to Alabama for Sonic if you can believe that!!!!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yep love those sleeping patterns.....or lack of.

I am watching comedy central and they are poking fun of Alabama. It is rather entertaining. I know Alabama is close to GA. When we were there last, we drove to Alabama for Sonic if you can believe that!!!!
Are you talking about Alabamastan????
Often refered to as LA.....lower Alabama
Hey have you heard about the worlds largest zoo???? They put a fence around Alabama.
No offense to any of our fine Bama folks around here. I know lil too late.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Are you talking about Alabamastan????
Often refered to as LA.....lower Alabama
Hey have you heard about the worlds largest zoo???? They put a fence around Alabama.
No offense to any of our fine Bama folks around here. I know lil too late.
LOL
very funny peri

speaking of zoo's though, one of the greatest outing I did in GA was the safari zoo, where the cars are painted like zebra's. Do you know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
LOL
very funny peri

speaking of zoo's though, one of the greatest outing I did in GA was the safari zoo, where the cars are painted like zebra's. Do you know what I am talking about?
I think I've heard of it. Not sure. I did visit San Diego zoo and the wild animal park years ago. Try 29 years ago,
Awesome places. San Diego is awesome. My grandfather lived there.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yep...........San Diego is a great place

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
The Safari zoo I am talking about is in Georgia though. Have you ever been to it? It is worth the trip if you haven't.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
The Safari zoo I am talking about is in Georgia though. Have you ever been to it? It is worth the trip if you haven't.
Hey you tryin to say where primitive folk in Georgia???? That's just not nice.

Sounds like a cool place. I did grow up about 5 minutes from Stone Mountain though.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hey you tryin to say where primitive folk in Georgia???? That's just not nice.

Sounds like a cool place. I did grow up about 5 minutes from Stone Mountain though.
No, no, no not at all. I was just saying I know you are in GA, somewhere, and if haven't been to the safari zoo, near I think Columbus, it was very cool. I am not familiar with Stone Mountain, is that in GA too?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
No, no, no not at all. I was just saying I know you are in GA, somewhere, and if haven't been to the safari zoo, near I think Columbus, it was very cool. I am not familiar with Stone Mountain, is that in GA too?
Yes near Atlanta. Cool place.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
So anyway. I wish I had the guts to use the tazarotene unbuffered. It really made a big difference once it had all healed. I tried it on just a small patch on my cheek and burned myself - all red and painful and swollen and nearly blistering for a day. I applied honey all day long and the next day everything was better.

Today just a little flaking off of some dry rough skin and underneath was smooth pink skin. A little *too* pink, and I hope it will fade.

When I used Retin-A straight once before it seemed like the red, itchy, dry, peeling stage just lasted forever. And then I gave up. No one ever told me how to get thru it! Even with Obagi, the peelies lasted too long! I felt like a Chernobyl victim almost. Wish I had known about honey.

Taz works faster than RA I've read and can be more painful in the beginning, which is also true - it stings. Is anyone else using Taz?

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts