Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Hope you all are good and shining like the sun..hehe.

I'm going to go straight to the point...MY HANDS NEED HELP. I've got really good skin on other parts of my body but my knuckles are a horror. I've tried Amlactin, GnG, shea butter, gloves in this hot weather but nothing works. I think they just make it worse. I joined SCT 2 years ago and learnt of Floris Duo. I tried it and guess what..it worked..only for a short period. Since then i've been with nothing but regrets about it. Like i should never have used it cos my hands only got worse. :buttheads:

I used to have really beautiful hands and always imagined how lovely they'll look with an engagement or wedding ring on but now they've been destroyed by lightening creams and Floris Duo. Plus they look worse in certain lights and at certain times of the day.

I think most people on this forum that use Amlactin and GnG have nice hands, not problem ones, so those products help maintain, not necessarily convert them from terrible to beautiful.

I'm tired of writing and asking on other posts so i decided to start mine cos i'm sure there are some of my fellow lightening sistas going through the same wahala. It can't be just me..or could it? I need someone with a dark to light knuckles testimonial to help me out

I'm definitely going to post a picture of these embarrassing hands but i'm really busy at work right now. Had to make this post though so that i don't forget.

PS: I'm in Nigeria and don't know if all them GPO, YPO are available or if they'll even help.

Expect photos of the horror hands soon, sweet sistas. And i hope i get a permanent solution :pray: cos sweet caramel skin with black coffee hands aint pretty.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm still new to the lightening scene, but I really want to ask, what products should I avoid so that doesn't happen to my hands?

·
Registered
595 Posts
its a real struggle

Hey guys,

Hope you all are good and shining like the sun..hehe.

I'm going to go straight to the point...MY HANDS NEED HELP. I've got really good skin on other parts of my body but my knuckles are a horror. I've tried Amlactin, GnG, shea butter, gloves in this hot weather but nothing works. I think they just make it worse. I joined SCT 2 years ago and learnt of Floris Duo. I tried it and guess what..it worked..only for a short period. Since then i've been with nothing but regrets about it. Like i should never have used it cos my hands only got worse. :buttheads:

I used to have really beautiful hands and always imagined how lovely they'll look with an engagement or wedding ring on but now they've been destroyed by lightening creams and Floris Duo. Plus they look worse in certain lights and at certain times of the day.

I think most people on this forum that use Amlactin and GnG have nice hands, not problem ones, so those products help maintain, not necessarily convert them from terrible to beautiful.

I'm tired of writing and asking on other posts so i decided to start mine cos i'm sure there are some of my fellow lightening sistas going through the same wahala. It can't be just me..or could it? I need someone with a dark to light knuckles testimonial to help me out

I'm definitely going to post a picture of these embarrassing hands but i'm really busy at work right now. Had to make this post though so that i don't forget.

PS: I'm in Nigeria and don't know if all them GPO, YPO are available or if they'll even help.

Expect photos of the horror hands soon, sweet sistas. And i hope i get a permanent solution :pray: cos sweet caramel skin with black coffee hands aint pretty.
Seems u got a deep pih wit use of floris duo. It takes time to fade away. Watever route u choose to go start wit 1-2times a week. Floris duo in my opinion shld be regarded as a peel like la.

Dat being said, u can soak ur hands in hot water for 30seconds, den soak in cold water for 20seconds. Alternating 4-6times. Dry n moisturize ur hands.
Wen applyin lightners take out time to apply ample amt on ur knuckles wit fisted hand.
Avoid use of hq on joints
U can do weekly la peels for 6wks. Allow some time b4 startin anoda cycle

Some members used ra+la lotion. Buh may be harsh dependin on d % of la

I've never had embarrasing knuckles. Buh my fingers were milky n selxy b4 I started using lightners. Now dey look a lil darker. I use ka n other natural lightners....I hope it returns ro status quo 1 day ℓσℓ :pray:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kookieskin no wonder ever since I started applying lightening creams to my hands they have gotten a little lighter but my knuckles have gotten darker

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had an issue with my knuckles once when I never used to wash my hands after using HQ. I occluded with fun bact A and did 12.5% TCA twice. Then intense moisturization with AHA lotion about a week after the last peel. My knuckles cleared out and I have been washing my hands ever since... But then again I'm about NC45 so not so light that my knuckles stand out that much. HTH

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Hey Guys a few steps to get your hands back into tip top shape....

1. Moisturizing... Due to all the exfoliation soap and bleaching cream we use Our hands tend to lack moisture and tend to look wrinkly... Therfore applying a thick emmolient twice a day is a must.. I recommend shea butter cocoa butter or vaseline to prevent water loss... Oils are great too....

2. I recommend for hands a 10 percent glycolic acid cream or G&G works fine... Use them only on your knuckles area twice a day..

3.. Toothbrush ... While your in the shower.. and have lather up with your soap.. Grab and tooth brush and scrub your knuckles gently... I use Kojie san soap and lather it up.. then scrub my knuckles//

The glycolic acid cream and shea butter and kojie acid soap maitains my hands nicely..

So Moisturizing is key... A chemical and manual exfoliate is key as well. Keep it simple...

Product Red Skin care Cream Lid Brush Toothbrush Tool Tooth brushing Automotive cleaning

·
Registered
98 Posts
Everything said above is right. I use to have really embarrassing hands until I joined SCT. What worked 4 me was too wash my hands after applying my hq mix creams then I have a mix for my hands which is fair and white aha lotion mix with maxi white serum and carotein lightening gel. I also moisturise my hands during the day with a hand cream. I put retin a on knuckles at night when I remember. Sometimes I occlude. I suggest u don't use any lightener cream on ur hands for now. Just moisturise with fair and white aha lotion and a hand cream. This will make ur hands even but not light. Once ur hands are even and clear u can make a hand lightener mix with anything but hq.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts

1. Moisturizing... Due to all the exfoliation soap and bleaching cream we use Our hands tend to lack moisture and tend to look wrinkly... Therfore applying a thick emmolient twice a day is a must.. I recommend shea butter cocoa butter or vaseline to prevent water loss... Oils are great too....

2. I recommend for hands a 10 percent glycolic acid cream or G&G works fine... Use them only on your knuckles area twice a day..

3.. Toothbrush ... While your in the shower.. and have lather up with your soap.. Grab and tooth brush and scrub your knuckles gently... I use Kojie san soap and lather it up.. then scrub my knuckles//

The glycolic acid cream and shea butter and kojie acid soap maitains my hands nicely..

So Moisturizing is key... A chemical and manual exfoliate is key as well. Keep it simple...

View attachment 1658 View attachment 1659 View attachment 1660
Thanks so much for this i gotta get my toothbrush on.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
@moon maiden.. Its a great little tool lol... I usually buy the three packs at the dollar store.. I use one for my teeth.. one of the lips and one for my knuckles... I have to start labelling them so i dont get mixed up...:D:D

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
@moon maiden.. Its a great little tool lol... I usually buy the three packs at the dollar store.. I use one for my teeth.. one of the lips and one for my knuckles... I have to start labelling them so i dont get mixed up...:D:D
Bahaha! Yeah using the wrong toothbrush for the wrong thing wouldn't be cute at all lol. This is truly a lifesaver i always stock up on toothbrushes so i have a lot to choose from.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why would hq darken the hands yet lighten the body?
My hands are absolutely horrible too. Not just the knuckles but entire hands.

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts

View attachment 1658 View attachment 1659 View attachment 1660
GREAT POST!! :goldcup::goldcup:mad:john-dave

I know @Mulberry could add to this informative post as well, so hopefully she will chime in.

·
Administrator
33,922 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys, you all have been super helpful and i've just been AWOL. So sorry my weekend was super busy plus i've been trying to take pictures to bring out the horribility of these hands. I'll post them shortly.

PS: It occurred to me this morning that i kept using 'sistas' in my post, forgetting that a number of our lightening experts here are bruvas. Sorry sweeties :kisskiss:

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Hey guys, you all have been super helpful and i've just been AWOL. So sorry my weekend was super busy plus i've been trying to take pictures to bring out the horribility of these hands. I'll post them shortly.

PS: It occurred to me this morning that i kept using 'sistas' in my post, forgetting that a number of our lightening experts here are bruvas. Sorry sweeties :kisskiss:
Do come back now!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seems u got a deep pih wit use of floris duo. It takes time to fade away. Watever route u choose to go start wit 1-2times a week. Floris duo in my opinion shld be regarded as a peel like la.

Dat being said, u can soak ur hands in hot water for 30seconds, den soak in cold water for 20seconds. Alternating 4-6times. Dry n moisturize ur hands.
Wen applyin lightners take out time to apply ample amt on ur knuckles wit fisted hand.
Avoid use of hq on joints
U can do weekly la peels for 6wks. Allow some time b4 startin anoda cycle

Some members used ra+la lotion. Buh may be harsh dependin on d % of la

I've never had embarrasing knuckles. Buh my fingers were milky n selxy b4 I started using lightners. Now dey look a lil darker. I use ka n other natural lightners....I hope it returns ro status quo 1 day ℓσℓ :pray:
Thanks dear. I hope mine and yours both return to normal. It's gonna take some sorta miracle for mine though

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had an issue with my knuckles once when I never used to wash my hands after using HQ. I occluded with fun bact A and did 12.5% TCA twice. Then intense moisturization with AHA lotion about a week after the last peel. My knuckles cleared out and I have been washing my hands ever since... But then again I'm about NC45 so not so light that my knuckles stand out that much. HTH
Thanks hon. I don't use HQ though but i probably need to extra moisturize

1 - 20 of 883 Posts