Skin Care Talk banner
861 - 880 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Right here @floorezy :hand: where are you ;) if you mean in location, I am in California. Why you wanna send me some sunscreen :p. They always have the better goods in other countries :(
Hahaha, there you are! I was looking for you to come and recommend a sunscreen. I went for this one
. Tried it on today, no white cast and I didn't have to use a moisturiser because it is included in that one. I haven't used chemical sunscreens in the past, so I hope this one delivers.

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
Hahaha, there you are! I was looking for you to come and recommend a sunscreen. I went for this one
. Tried it on today, no white cast and I didn't have to use a moisturiser because it is included in that one. I haven't used chemical sunscreens in the past, so I hope this one delivers.
@Floreezy I can't see the photo you uploaded :mad: what sunscreen is it that you picked up?? Is it a chemical SS?? Give me details :eek:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
@3shadeslighter thank goodness i thought it was all in my mind. Whenever id use burnout ss thru the day and eventually wash off at night i appear lighter......so i was not imaginating....oh yes, Been meaning to ask how the gluta is coming along, remembered you made a thread on that. Have ypu stopped taking it with vit c?

Hey @Floreezy been ages. Glad you are doing great :D
Maybe it's the titanium dioxide.
Yeah I'm still taking the gluta with vit C. It's keeps my skin looming young and acne free. I'm gonna keep taking them until I find something better.

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
I actually stumbled across a face care brand that I really like, i'll find time to review it. I bought three products in it's range, cleansing face wash, 4-in-1 face mask/scrub/repair/cleanser and the moisturiser. This is all I have been using and it has lifted my tan and faded the spots from a break out I have been having for the last 3 months..why does the name escape my mind now???
I have never really been a fan of RA, i find that lactic acid works better for me at exfoliating and clarifying my skin. I have seen RA products though. I'm not sure what sunscreen to get right now what do you recommend? Burnout is not one of the options here. A lot of the susncreens are chemical sunscreens, and they have things like Garnier, Shiseido, Nivea, Neutrogena etc and of course the designer brands YSL, Estee Lauder....
Many chemical UV filters have not been cleared by the FDA in the states but are sold in Europe and Asia. Look for ingredients like this

• Mexoryl SX and XL
  • Tinosorb S and M
You will probably find sunscreens that say PPD or PA where you are too.......PPD is also known as PA in some countries with plus signs (ex. PA++) that signal UVA protection strength. The higher the PPD number or the greater the number of plus signs, the better a sunscreen protects against UVA rays. My guess is the Garnier Shiseido and Nivea will be decent sunscreens for you.

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
Thanks, I don't think they have the banana boat here. I tested this one yesterday it leaves a bit of a white cast but doesn't smell bad, it costs about 6 euros.

And this one by Nivea which goes on like a moisturising lotion, with no white cast and costs 14 euros.

They have very similar ingredients. @gymrat where are you?
Ok, let me see if I can find the full ingredient list for the on you like, Nivea right? *edit* found the ingredients its a full blown chemical SS, the other you mentioned here I can't find a lick about. Ingredients are posted anywhere, so don't trust it. Flo you should be able to find better choices then this. Check out Garnier , Shiseido or do you have La Roche Posay??

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey ladies,

Just out of curosity, how come y'all don't refer to the Avene sunscreen. It's been a staple for me for years and does my skin real good- no white cast and no side effects whatsoever. In fact it makes my skin look brighter and even.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
@look26 is it a physical Ss or chemical....does it contain a high zinc %? Can you post a pic so we could see or ingredient list. We love trying out new things. Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hey ladies,

Just out of curosity, how come y'all don't refer to the Avene sunscreen. It's been a staple for me for years and does my skin real good- no white cast and no side effects whatsoever. In fact it makes my skin look brighter and even.
Interesting, I have seen the Avene brand quite a lot here. Could you please post a picture of the one you use?
PS: it's AVENE not to be confused for AVEENO (US brand)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Ok, let me see if I can find the full ingredient list for the on you like, Nivea right? *edit* found the ingredients its a full blown chemical SS, the other you mentioned here I can't find a lick about. Ingredients are posted anywhere, so don't trust it. Flo you should be able to find better choices then this. Check out Garnier , Shiseido or do you have La Roche Posay??
Thank you @gymrat. There is Garnier but it leaves a white cast on my skin, do you know one that doesn't? Thanks for this, I am going to return it to the store tomorrow.

Could you please post a photo of the garnier you are referring to?

These are the ingredients: (Copied from the product description on Amazon)
Aqua, Homosalate, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Panthenol, Ceteareth-20, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Eugenol, Coumarin, Parfum

·
Administrator
33,921 Posts
Thank you @gymrat. There is Garnier but it leaves a white cast on my skin, do you know one that doesn't? Thanks for this, I am going to return it to the store tomorrow.

Could you please post a photo of the garnier you are referring to?

These are the ingredients: (Copied from the product description on Amazon)
Aqua, Homosalate, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Alcohol Denat., Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Sodium Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Panthenol, Ceteareth-20, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Eugenol, Coumarin, Parfum
@Floreezy

Check for this one it contains Mexoryl

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/loreal-...te-hypoallergenic-lotion-spf-60/6000016941760

Another to look for Flo is Bioderma Photoderm MAX, I bet you will be able to find it there as well. If you need a photo of it, let me know.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Many chemical UV filters have not been cleared by the FDA in the states but are sold in Europe and Asia. Look for ingredients like this

• Mexoryl SX and XL
  • Tinosorb S and M
You will probably find sunscreens that say PPD or PA where you are too.......PPD is also known as PA in some countries with plus signs (ex. PA++) that signal UVA protection strength. The higher the PPD number or the greater the number of plus signs, the better a sunscreen protects against UVA rays. My guess is the Garnier Shiseido and Nivea will be decent sunscreens for you.
This is music to my ears ... My Lakme Sun Expert spf 50 Sunscreen has PA+++ ... Thanks for sharing this Gymmie bcos I had absolutely no idea what that stood for or meant ... @gymrat

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
ooh @shawtykid20 ur on the carotone too?:D

Not to be off topic @gymrat @AIME and @cherries but the depilatory cream has helped with wxfoliayion, (everywhere) FYI and I feel like I look lighter too. It may just be the lightener are penetrating better... or the hairiness was making me look darker
Sorry @TanYummy , just seen this @mention ... Yes! Shaved skin is easier to lighten so that must be why you're looking lighter .... Slay on hun ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sorry for the late reply but i swear to God my hands went to the same school as yours. i actually have Dyshidrotic eczema on my fingers which gives me thick pads of hard and black crocodile skin. i have been using betasol for a month now and i think i will need to cool off to something weaker soon, its working quite well. I flare up when I'm stressed there for 4 my hands i guess i have no other option, i have to use steroids.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm sorry for the late reply but i swear to God my hands went to the same school as yours. i actually have Dyshidrotic eczema on my fingers which gives me thick pads of hard and black crocodile skin. i have been using betasol for a month now and i think i will need to cool off to something weaker soon, its working quite well. I flare up when I'm stressed there for 4 my hands i guess i have no other option, i have to use steroids.
Try the whitenicious dark knuckle pen. It's expensive but it peels after a week and you won't have to buy it. The knuckles darken then peel and reveal the lightened color underneath. It was my last resort, and worth the money. The ONLY thing I will buy from that overpriced brand.

861 - 880 of 883 Posts