Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,everyone
Have you used the products of 'Aubrey Organics'? How about the effects?
I want to buy an eye creme, which can increase the skin's hydration and prevent wrinkles. Can you give me some addvice? By the way, I am twenty-eight and dry skin.
Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't find Aubrey cosmetics to be that effective. Yes, they are gentle, but I didn't feel much difference to my skin.

I REALLY love Jurlique because it's organic, but very effective.

Gisele

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, a product has to have 5% organic ingredients to be able to put the word organic on its label - for example:

If a company uses 95% filtered water and puts in a tea bag that is organic it could claim that it is organic - Organic Shampoo - Organic Cleanser, etc

In order for a company to earn the certification and have a "certified" organic product the product needs to be 95% organic - they go all the way back to the soil, seed, etc.

There is only one company in the world that offers skincare products that is "certified" organic to food standards. Do you know what company that is?

Don't get fooled by the labeling of products thinking you are buying organic when it says organic shampoo or organic soap - look for the certification seal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would not what to sway you in any direction you choose. I would only recommend you do as much research on "organics" as possible before getting caught into a trap.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have used the Aubrey haircare and the shampoo made my hair feel like straw, I also used the conditioner which made my hair silky but almost greasy. Either the shampoo or the conditioner really did not agree with my skin and my scalp was very dry and the skin on my ears just peeled off. I did not ever have this happen even when I used shampoo with SLS in it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I've heard that Aubrey shampoos are usually very drying, even the ones intended for dry hair.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Aubrey products are super natural but do not have the most elegant formulations, at least they didn't years ago. I prefer Weleda.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado Is good I have been using this after some one on this board had suggest it, and i love it very moisturizing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Although I am in my mid forties, I still have really oily skin. So both the Natural Herbal moisturizer and cleanser work really well for me. I like the smell and the essential oils in the cleanser. (The skin doesn't feel dry after using it which I find unusual). I normally use the moisturizer on top of a serum like Weleda pomegranate. I also like the Aubrey eye cream.

I haven't got the time to seriously get into DIY at the moment as I'm studying full time until early next year. But for the time being Aubrey beats all the other organic face creams I've used so far.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i think to use this one : Men's Stock, City Rhythms Shave Cream
from this brand

to replace the awful Avalon Organics, Moisturizing Cream Shave, Peppermint

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've only used the vitamin C face wash. I liked it ok. I think all of the Aubrey organics products are over priced. The only reason I tried the wash is because I found it on sale at the dollar store.

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
.......we are pulling them out of the wood works today......this is from 2007!!

I have used several of their oils and haven't had a problem. I have used a few products actually, shampoo, lipbalms, etc.

Not over priced if you shop at Vitacost.
Aubrey Organics - Vitacost

Definitely don't see Aubrey Organics anything close to MaryKay.

·
Registered
90 Posts
what do you thin about this one:
Aubrey Organics, Facial Cleansing Cream, Seaware with Rosa Mosqueta

quite expensive but very popular...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
what do you thin about this one:
Aubrey Organics, Facial Cleansing Cream, Seaware with Rosa Mosqueta

quite expensive but very popular...
Its adequate but not special. Any supermarket or health food store in USA carries this. Are you still looking for a gift for your sister? Get her something more special!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts