Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get rid of this ingrown hair scar on my penis?

Help!

It has a hard and smooth surface and is slightly raised.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi scarsolution, That is a very sensitive area you are dealing with. My Husband has a similar scar there too! You might want to try Bio Oil, it is full of vitamines that might help the skin go back to normal or minimize the damage. But truth be told, is it really that bad? No "body" is perfect unless on paper right? it is a minor scar and well hidden ya might want to reconsider doing anything because of the sensitivity issue. The only thing that the bio-oil about 11$ at walmart did for me was fade a scare on my knee, but keep in mind everyone is different- what works for you may not work on the next person. It's kinda a hit and miss situation. Honestly though, good luck I hope it works for ya!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Scarsolution...

Pro-Sil Roll-On Scar Reduction Stick (by Biodermis) works for me. It goes on easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice, i have been using snail secretion gel for abt a week now, seen no improvement, ill try bio oil too. cant find the biodermis thing anywhere. fyi im in the UK.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Ummmm don't think the picture is necessary, really!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just wanted ppl to see whati t actualy is, so tht they can give more accurate sugegstions.

so it is actually a scar then? and not some sort of scab? or pimple?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
just wanted ppl to see whati t actualy is, so tht they can give more accurate sugegstions.

so it is actually a scar then? and not some sort of scab? or pimple?
Go see a Doctor for accurate suggestions, we are NOT doctors!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
no need to post the pic again....

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Not sure if Mederma is contraindicated for use on the penis. See a doc. I've lived in the UK and I know how difficult healthcare can be there, but seriously.............as folks have said, we aren't docs, so see one.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Respectfully I must say that I often question the veracity and necessity of these posts. I mean in all the time I have been online even in female orientated forums it always seems you get the odd man who announces some genital issue with a burning desire to describe, discuss and even show it. Most men I know would rush off to a doctor with such an issue in that area, especially in a country with a national health plan!

I am sorry to say this but I am always very suspicious of such posts. I do know the problem he is describing and yes there is some distress but please explain what drives a man to come onto a predominantly female forum and discuss this?

Sorry if I am being a ***** but in all the time I have posted, with all the myriad of problems women have down there I have never seen a vagina post but in just a couple of months I have seen about three such posts from men who not only ask advice but seem to beleaguer the point long after evryone has given their "best" answers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lexi I agree with you especially the bolded. ......But in all acutuality there's probably someone else out there who knows someone with this problem or perhaps has a similar concern.

Though most of us are Females, there are a few men amongst our ranks; so we can't ignore there concerns either. (This might be of enough concern to him till it's preventing him from becoming; or this might be the only place he can discuss this issue without striking -insert disease name- fear in those around him)

When I practiced independently most of my clients were men so his "antics" are nothing new to me.

Who knows? The best we can do is offer the "poster" sound advice and hope he takes it.

SCAR,

Right now you have about 20 posts, telling you to "GO TAKE YOUR WINKIE TO A DR.!"

Respectfully I must say that I often question the veracity and necessity of these posts. I mean in all the time I have been online even in female orientated forums it always seems you get the odd man who announces some genital issue with a burning desire to describe, discuss and even show it. Most men I know would rush off to a doctor with such an issue in that area, especially in a country with a national health plan!

I am sorry to say this but I am always very suspicious of such posts. I do know the problem he is describing and yes there is some distress but please explain what drives a man to come onto a predominantly female forum and discuss this?

Sorry if I am being a ***** but in all the time I have posted, with all the myriad of problems women have down there I have never seen a vagina post but in just a couple of months I have seen about three such posts from men who not only ask advice but seem to beleaguer the point long after evryone has given their "best" answers.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I agree YourLooksMyBiz! I honestly am the same usually and have answered a few of these posts but then it does get to a point where you wonder how much of it is antics. I mean I have lived in UK a long time (now in USA) and with it being free to go to your local doctor surely there is really not a huge reason to be whinging about it here! I think when I read this I just got the "oh not again" feeling!

·
Registered
529 Posts
would u really want to take out ur jewels infront of a doctor.. and to have them probe and poke around..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts