Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please teach me how to make DIY face moisturizer with these ingredients:

Hyaluronic Acid
Q 10
Plant ceramids or lipids( rice, sunflower)
Vit A + E
Lecithin
Amino Acids
Honey
jojoba oil
Aloe Vera

Organic, paraben free and water base would be ideal. What can I add or remove. Should I remove the honey? My skin is oily in the T zone. I'm not too worried about the texture, I want it as natural as possible as long as it penetrates. Thanks

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I would suggest that you make a facial serum containing hempseed, emu, avocado, rice bran, sunflower, jojoba, manuka honey, aloe vera and lecithin.

The HA and CoQ10 are basically for increasing collagen and antioxidants.

Hempseed has amino acids, among a lot of other things. You should probably read up on it, as well as emu.

From your list, what you're looking for will be found in the above mixture.

There are a bounty of oils that could be used. These are just some suggestions.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suggest that you make a facial serum containing hempseed, emu, avocado, rice bran, sunflower, jojoba, manuka honey, aloe vera and lecithin.

The HA and CoQ10 are basically for increasing collagen and antioxidants.

Hempseed has amino acids, among a lot of other things. You should probably read up on it, as well as emu.

From your list, what you're looking for will be found in the above mixture.

There are a bounty of oils that could be used. These are just some suggestions.
Thank you for your useful input, do I just mix everything together? I would not know where to beging in making my own.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
You haven't mentioned if you have a lot of wrinkles or what your age is, so I'm just winging it.
You did mention the T-zone.

Hempseed is considered a drying oil, but rice bran is not. Also, keep in mind that unrefined hempseed has a shorter shelf life. It's still an incredible oil. (You can freeze it for storage, which prolongs it's shelf life.)

25% aloe vera
20% emu
20% jojoba
10% sunflower
10% hempseed
5% avocado
5% honey
3% lecithin
2% rice bran
100%

Heat the oils and honey slowly on low heat to blend. Remove from heat. Cool a bit. Stir in aloe vera and lecithin.

For 2 oz the above translates to:
.5 oz aloe vera
.4 oz emu
.4 oz jojoba
.2 oz sunflower
.2 oz hempseed
.1 oz avocado
.1 oz honey
.06 oz lecithin
.04 oz rice bran

This may or may not work for you, but it's a place to start.

Now, if you want to get even simpler, I would suggest the following:
35% aloe vera
30% emu
30% sunflower
3% lecithin
2% honey
100%

For 4 oz of the above use:
1.4 oz aloe vera (2 tBsp + 2.4 tsps - 2 tBsp + nearly 2 1/2 tsp)
1.2 oz emu (2.4 tBsp - nearly 2 1/2 tBsp)
1.2 oz sunflower (2.4 tBsp - nearly 2 1/2 tBsp)
.12 oz lecithin (.72 tsp - nearly 3/4 tsp
.08 oz honey (.48 tsp - nearly 1/2 tsp)

If you find that these don't work for your face, you can always use the blend after a shower on your wet skin. It won't go to waste!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by edensong

25% aloe vera
20% emu
20% jojoba
10% sunflower
10% hempseed
5% avocado
5% honey
3% lecithin
2% rice bran
100%

That mixture sounds incredible. Do you have any recommended oils for use in butters or alone/mixed with other oils for dry skin? I read about your enthusiasm for babbasu oil, which I'm looking very much forward to trying.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You haven't mentioned if you have a lot of wrinkles or what your age is, so I'm just winging it.
You did mention the T-zone.
I will be 28 in Feb. I'm looking for prevention and ingredients that help the skin behave as healthy skin does, when it is in it's prime. I tend to get blackheads with commercial products.

In what form should the Lecithin be in? I'm getting really excited about making my own.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I will be 28 in Feb. I'm looking for prevention and ingredients that help the skin behave as healthy skin does, when it is in it's prime. I tend to get blackheads with commercial products.

In what form should the Lecithin be in? I'm getting really excited about making my own.
Oh heck, you're just a puppy!

Start with the 2nd formula. If you don't want to spend the money on the emu, then try extra virgin coconut oil in its place. Use liquid lecithin. I personally prefer sunflower lecithin, but for starters just get some from the health food store -- it will be soy lecithin. That will give you an idea of how it feels.

·
Registered
529 Posts
u guys know EMU is actualy emu.. like the bird..
its literaly made from the fat of an emu..

just saying..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by kamakaze

u guys know EMU is actualy emu.. like the bird..
its literaly made from the fat of an emu..

just saying..

Yeah, I'm a little new to applying animal fat to the skin for cosmetic purposes. I'll stick to plants, only because I'm a vegetarian. But I heard it's pretty good stuff, but poor birds

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
Yeah, I'm a little new to applying animal fat to the skin for cosmetic purposes. I'll stick to plants, only because I'm a vegetarian. But I heard it's pretty good stuff, but poor birds
I am a veggie too, but you have never used a better oil than Emu, in my opinion. I know LOTS of veggies that will agree with me on this one-

There are other oils out there though if it this does bother you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
if it was whale oil you all would be sooo against it.. but emu is fine..
i mean your not even eating the emu.. thier literally killing the damn things just for its fat.

·
Administrator
33,737 Posts
if it was whale oil you all would be sooo against it.. but emu is fine..
i mean your not even eating the emu.. thier literally killing the damn things just for its fat.
Do you eat meat Kama? They kill those animals for you to eat-

Emu oil is one of the best oils I have ever used. That is all I am saying. Regardless of when, where, why, or how they get it.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I will stay away from the emu oil, one thing is to kill an animal for food and another for good skin. There are other great oils.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i love meat.. i have no problem visiting abitoirs or butchers..
im just saying that emu oil is infact an animal product.. people should be aware that an emu is a living creature before smearing it over thier skin

just like with cosmetics tested on animals and such

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
You need to educate yourself about emus -- they use the whole bird -- emu meat is EATEN and the emu oil is rendered from the glands. It's no different than any other meat being killed for food and other uses.

I do understand vegans not wishing to use it, but for those that are not vegans, it's a non-issue.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sorry but I have to disagree, the demand for emu meat is not as high as the demand for the oil. While some are killed for meat, some are killed for JUST the oil. The oil gets sent all over the world, but not the meat. I personally don't know anyone here in the US who has ever had emu meat, but I know plenty of people who use emu oil. And it's ok, we all think differently.

BTW I just checked out edensongessentials.com, all I have to say is AMAZING!!! I have been looking for all natural organic products like this for a while. I will definitely be buying some products, I just printed out the order form. I can't believe that I had not heard of them in this forum before. I know that you Eden can't advertise, but we can review them and comment on them as we do other products, which I will do, can't wait to try them. Thank you for making them.

And thank you for teaching me how to make the face moist.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Yes, it's okay to think differently.

I found only one article stating that the oil was in greater demand than the meat and that was in OZ. I found several articles on google that said the emu meat demand is growing exponentially in America.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
i love meat.. i have no problem visiting abitoirs or butchers..
im just saying that emu oil is infact an animal product.. people should be aware that an emu is a living creature before smearing it over thier skin

just like with cosmetics tested on animals and such
Kama....are you a vegan??? You eat those lovely animals or not????

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
BTW I just checked out edensongessentials.com, all I have to say is AMAZING!!! I have been looking for all natural organic products like this for a while. I will definitely be buying some products, I just printed out the order form. I can't believe that I had not heard of them in this forum before. I know that you Eden can't advertise, but we can review them and comment on them as we do other products, which I will do, can't wait to try them. Thank you for making them.

And thank you for teaching me how to make the face moist.
That's very sweet of you, BeautySleep, but the form you have is for wholesale. We can PM to discuss individual purchase. I'm not here to promote my products -- I just enjoy sharing about DIY basic skin care.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts