Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I wash my hair everyday because I use hairspray. If i didn't use hairspray
I'd wash it much less often. The hairspray makes my hair drier and brittle and when I try to comb through my hair the next day, I am afraid I am breaking off my hair..well, I know I am. So, my question is if there is anything natural, (besides dry shampoo) that works at removing hairspray? It would be a godsend.

thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
The only thing that will really remove the hairspray from your hair it washing it. However, they do make 'brushable' hairsprays that you can brush through to remove and it doesn't damage your hair. I use L'Oreal Elnett hairspray - it's the best I've ever used, by far. You can buy it at Target.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Vananners does the L'oreal hairspray make your hair stiff?

Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Not at all! That's why I love it so much. It also doesn't make it look wet. That's what I hate most about hairsprays. This has a wonderful finish. I actually read about it in a magazine a while back. It was about how it's just recently been released to the US because of popular demand from girls who had found it overseas (I think it was the UK).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by

So, my question is if there is anything natural, (besides dry shampoo) that works at removing hairspray?

Put a teaspoon of baking soda in your hand with your shampoo and lather it up! It will remove all build up and your hair will be like new again. Just don't do it every time you shampoo or it will dry it out because baking soda is abrasive. Only do it about once a month.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also use Elnett (L'oreal) and I love it. Once you start using it you can wash your hair every other day. For the shampoo you can use "clarifying shampoo" which is specifically formulated to remove not only the hairspray but also any other product that you use to style your hair. Some clarifying shampoos can be used daily.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Cinna....I also use hairspray everyday and really strong hold as well....I live
in Australia and we have a laundry soap called Sunlight soap, it is pure soap and
yellow in colour....I do the first wash with the soap and rinse it out really well,
then use my regular shampoo for the second wash because the soap can leave
your hair a little dull, it works a treat and not at all harsh....I have highlights
in my hair and it does not damage it at all and I have been doing it for a long
time....I also use it on my clients at the salon.... Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Neutragena makes a great shampoo to remove built up hair products- I don't remember the name but I do know from first hand experinece. It's great stuff, just look and read the labels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts