Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wearing nail polish for a long time on my toes and I just wanna rest them for a while and try to go for the bare look. I was wondering what nail whiteners out there are good. I want my nails looking fresh and healthy again.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been wearing nail polish for a long time on my toes and I just wanna rest them for a while and try to go for the bare look. I was wondering what nail whiteners out there are good. I want my nails looking fresh and healthy again.
I use hydrogen peroxide. Soak a cotton ball with the hydrogen peroxide and apply to nails. I usually do three or four treatments a day in the beginning...then twice a day for maintaining.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Soak your feet in salt water or use fresh lemon juice as a nail treatment. Both methods work well to whiten nails. I prefer lemon juice, it smells so fresh! Just use a cotton swab to apply the juice, because otherwise it dries out skin around nails.
And try to use a protective base coat under your nail polish, that way nails don't get discolored. Trust me, I used to live in black nail polish and without base coat it makes nails look gross.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yep the old denture tablets are the best, not to mention once you are down swirl it around in the toilet, then you have pretty feet and a nice minty clean toilet! I Take my DH's tablets and do my nails once a week! works great!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for your suggestions! I will be trying them soon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Denture cleaner tablets
Does it really work?? I hate to buy it if it doesn't. I heard that denture cleaner is good for cleaning the toilet bowl.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problems as well, i used fresh lime(its green not yellow lol), cut it in half and rub my finger in it twice a day! also baking soda helps, I also strongly suggets to not use nail polish for 4-6 months, your nails change colour cause they need to breathe and the nail polish is not letting them do that (just think of it like a flower how it withers and dies when you pluck it off) use a nail buffer frequently but do not over do it or else you will no nails left! The denture cleaner works as well, but this one works best for me, and like rayoflight said use a base coat from now on! Good luck!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Uhm...how can dead keratin breathe ? They do become discolored, tho...probably from repeated use of nail polish removers and polishes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts