Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۫ ▹ Mequinol and retin a ◃ ۪۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone have any ideas how this lady got her skin color? she says she got it from the creams she sells but i feel like it’s not true. she must’ve used something else but what is it that she used ? she has one of the most drastic skin whitening results

· Registered
50 Posts
Her before and after pictures are not that drastic when you take on account that the before picture has low lighting, no smoothing filters, and possibly no makeup since it looks like she was at a gym. The after pic is filtered, has heavy make up, and was taken in a well lit environment; the same can be said for the video. Despite the low lighting in the before picture, she still looked like a light skinned black woman or darker skinned Asian.

Skin lightening works and there is little mystery on what people can do to lighten themselves. I once thought it was but it’s really just routinely exfoliating, doing chemical peels, applying topical creams/gels,/ serums, and a little patience. I am still surprised how quick and light my own skin became after only 2 months of continuous effort.

· Registered
75 Posts
Her skin looks really even , i didn’t know steroids with hydroquinone could give even skin lightening results
It can if you know how to use it. I know of quite a few people with perfect even skin and they use HQ + steroids. But its not meant to be used for long in any case and also considering the risks that come with it...better to go the natural route for a longer time to get results.

· Registered
606 Posts
Her before and after pictures are not that drastic when you take on account that the before picture has low lighting, no smoothing filters, and possibly no makeup since it looks like she was at a gym. The after pic is filtered, has heavy make up, and was taken in a well lit environment; the same can be said for the video. Despite the low lighting in the before picture, she still looked like a light skinned black woman or darker skinned Asian.

Skin lightening works and there is little mystery on what people can do to lighten themselves. I once thought it was but it’s really just routinely exfoliating, doing chemical peels, applying topical creams/gels,/ serums, and a little patience. I am still surprised how quick and light my own skin became after only 2 months of continuous effort.
Care to share your routine please ?

· Registered
50 Posts
Care to share your routine please ?
I don't have a consistent skin lightening routine other than taking Vitamins and Gluthathione tablets.

This is what I've been doing for a week now, hours before I go to bed (1 day on, 1 day off):

Body, below the neck:
(1) .02ML drop of lactic acid 50% + .02ML drop of Glutha white face serum + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil(let sit for 2+ hours)
(2) dove liquid soap shower using a loofa or a rag,
(3) pea size drop of retin-a .1% + pea size drop of hydroquinone 4% + kojic white face serum, + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil

Face, neck, and ears:
(1) kojic soap face wash (sit for 1 or 2 minutes and then rinse off with loofa)
(2) pea size drop of retin-a .1% + .02ML drop of kojic white face serum + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil

**I plan on doing this for the rest of the month to see if it evens out my discolored body.
**I will also do a 50% lactic acid peel on my body sometime later this month
**I'm trying to give my body a more even skin tone
**I might go a few days without doing anything to my face because its very easy to lighten and I want to use some anti-aging products on my face.
** Sometimes I will occlude my body or face depending on how I feel. When I occlude, its for at least 2 hours at a time.

· Registered
606 Posts
I don't have a consistent skin lightening routine other than taking Vitamins and Gluthathione tablets.

This is what I've been doing for a week now, hours before I go to bed (1 day on, 1 day off):

Body, below the neck:
(1) .02ML drop of lactic acid 50% + .02ML drop of Glutha white face serum + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil(let sit for 2+ hours)
(2) dove liquid soap shower using a loofa or a rag,
(3) pea size drop of retin-a .1% + pea size drop of hydroquinone 4% + kojic white face serum, + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil

Face, neck, and ears:
(1) kojic soap face wash (sit for 1 or 2 minutes and then rinse off with loofa)
(2) pea size drop of retin-a .1% + .02ML drop of kojic white face serum + 1 teaspoon of coconut oil

**I plan on doing this for the rest of the month to see if it evens out my discolored body.
**I will also do a 50% lactic acid peel on my body sometime later this month
**I'm trying to give my body a more even skin tone
**I might go a few days without doing anything to my face because its very easy to lighten and I want to use some anti-aging products on my face.
** Sometimes I will occlude my body or face depending on how I feel. When I occlude, its for at least 2 hours at a time.
thank you hon for sharing !

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Just a heads up for everyone and anyone. Glutathione is a very powerful antioxidant, and it pretty much cancels out or drastically reduces the effects of hydroquinone. If @arrow is still on here he can back me up on this, I think.

· Registered
50 Posts
Just a heads up for everyone and anyone. Glutathione is a very powerful antioxidant, and it pretty much cancels out or drastically reduces the effects of hydroquinone. If @arrow is still on here he can back me up on this, I think.
The articles I read state that hydroquinone deceases levels of glutathione in the body. It can be said that hydroquinone is most effective when glutathione levels are low but isn't that part of what makes hydroquinone dangerous? I feel that using glutathione while using hydroquinone somewhat balances at least one of the negative effects of hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is going to continue lowering glutathione levels, to stop melanin production, even if more glutathione is introduced; which the body naturally makes anyway. Using hydroquinone can continue to decease present melanin making cells and using gluthathione will help keep hydroquinone from destroying my organs by still acting as a power antioxidant, also while making melanin producing pathways less active.

I'm going to stick with using both because I'm not going to use hydroquinone forever but I am enjoying the fast lightening that it has to offer. For me, Gluthathone is skin care supplement that I wouldn't mind taking even if I wasn't lightening. It can been seen as counter for hydroquinones negative effects and as its own alternate way of skin lightening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts