Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can relate. I am my grandmother..sigh! LOL!
I don't think there's much one can do about them because I think some of us don't have much "substance" around certain areas and the veins show through thinner skin.

Unfortunately they get worse with age.

I would suggest you not get too underweight. It's good you're doing some weights.

Keeping cooler can help....impossible during workouts.

If they are "bluer"...a self-tanner will help blend them better, although that won't change the size.

I was thinking of looking into some of the treatment they use for varicose veins..saline injections..but haven't as of yet.

Curious what people comment to you exactly about your veins.
The people who withdraw blood for testing drool at mine assuming it'll be easier and faster...but they tend to collapse the vein with too large a needle and wiggle it around until I ask them to take it out..gross.

h

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree that the damaged veins, varicose veins or thrombosed varicose veins can be injected or even stripped...but I don't have those. Just veins that are bigger and show through my skin (on my hands and low forearms.,,sometimes my feet if they're hot).

I have a friend that had the ones you're talking about Freddie...and she had the treatment..it took a while because hers collapsed while injecting the solution and some had to be stripped.

Interestingly, her hands/arms/etc are as smoooooth (no big veins) with nice texture/etc. She's 70.

h

·
Registered
74 Posts
If it's as thick as a rope, you should see a dermatologist about it. It could be varicose, and if you're prone, then you might be able to get it dealt with earlier than later.

Do the ones on your hands and arms look like that too?

I don't know why the extremities are bigger..maybe because the circulation is either better or worse...yeah, contradiction.

I'll do a search and see what comes up.

h

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.