Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
hey guys, how do u dissolve photograde HQ into a cream? I mean like a step by step procedure, how would u?
hi.. i can paste a step by step Nina sent me. ... i hope this helps

What you will Need:
HQ
Dipropylene Glycol or Glycerin
Hypoallergenic Lotion (like Eucerin or E45)

You will need a surgical mask/gloves for mixing, and some disposable spoons, plus something to mix with that you will not use for food prep.

For a 150ml cream, use 50ml DPG - pour into the glass jug and cover with cling film. Pierce with a hole. Heat in microwave on high power for about 1 min. The DPG should be heated to around 80-90 degrees celcius.

Remove (while you have your mask on as the vapours will be very strong) and add the HQ powder crystals. For a 10% concentration, use about 15g to every 100g. Stir in until fully dissolved. The mixture should be clear.

Small hard crystals will begin to form before dissolving, please ensure that there are no crystals remaining. Most of it will dissolve quickly. Do not reheat the mixture with the HQ in otherwise it will turn brown.

After dissolving, heat your cream (about 100-120g) for around 20-30 seconds (until more fluid like) Add the DPG/HQ mix to the cream and mix throughly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
But is not it dangerous to use photo grade HQ since it can contain hazardous impurities such as mercury? Would not you wanna use USP grade one?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a very old thread, we have learned a lot since then so ignore it and no photograde doesnt contain mercury, steroids, heavy metals or arsenic, its pure HQ crystals.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
hi.. i can paste a step by step Nina sent me. ... i hope this helps

What you will Need:
HQ
Dipropylene Glycol or Glycerin
Hypoallergenic Lotion (like Eucerin or E45)

You will need a surgical mask/gloves for mixing, and some disposable spoons, plus something to mix with that you will not use for food prep.

For a 150ml cream, use 50ml DPG - pour into the glass jug and cover with cling film. Pierce with a hole. Heat in microwave on high power for about 1 min. The DPG should be heated to around 80-90 degrees celcius.

Remove (while you have your mask on as the vapours will be very strong) and add the HQ powder crystals. For a 10% concentration, use about 15g to every 100g. Stir in until fully dissolved. The mixture should be clear.

Small hard crystals will begin to form before dissolving, please ensure that there are no crystals remaining. Most of it will dissolve quickly. Do not reheat the mixture with the HQ in otherwise it will turn brown.

After dissolving, heat your cream (about 100-120g) for around 20-30 seconds (until more fluid like) Add the DPG/HQ mix to the cream and mix throughly.
is this still a good method into making 10% HQ?
it's a very old post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts