Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to make a HQ or Sepiwhite toner to boost results? I was thinking it should comprise of such ingredients like niacinamide, arbutin, mulberry/bearberry extract, foti, rosewater and other lightening ingredients. I always use a toner in my skin care regimen so I figured might as well compound one with lightening ingredients. Any ideas on how to go about it?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Does anyone know how to make a HQ or Sepiwhite toner to boost results? I was thinking it should comprise of such ingredients like niacinamide, arbutin, mulberry/bearberry extract, foti, rosewater and other lightening ingredients. I always use a toner in my skin care regimen so I figured might as well compound one with lightening ingredients. Any ideas on how to go about it?
Hey x

I dont think you can do this because of the acidity of toners/cleansers - it will not be a stable carrier for the active. A normal cleanser and toner will work well before you apply the creams to your face.

You are best using a toner with an AHA/natural ingredients.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've made a toner like this before and it worked. I'm not sure how you'd make it with sepiwhite or hq. I think it would be easier to do it with the sepiwhite. Follow the directions for mixing the sepiwhite found on the skinactives website then just add the active after it is diluted into its solute.

I've used mulberry, kojic acid, and lemon extract in a toner and I loved it, in fact, this thread is reminding me to make a new one i just love toners.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Ladydanielle, did your toners leave your skin with a funny shine? I've tried many toners but I didn't like the way my skin looked afterwards. The toners did wipe away any dead skin cells & leave my skin smooth, but the shininess was not pleasant.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi ondine,

not really, no shininess. Maybe it depends on the toner.I have the recipe on my computer, I will post it when I find it. i used to make them weekly b/c I dont have/ or know how to use perservatives. But I like the way toners really get into your skin. I like mine with AHAs/BHA/s and some actives.

I used to buy a lightening toner that loveddddd but it was too expensive. I may buy it again thought because it just felt great.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a skin brightening toner, but it contains just ahas that help remove dead skin and make your skin glow and look great. i have never made my own toner but i am very happy with the one i use. mind you, there is just no need for me to since i apply the hq and arbutin on a daily basis. it would be really good if you could also make a toner like this; i personally just think a normal aha toner will do the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts