Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am turning 25 soon and am starting to notice some wrinkles and puffiness under my eyes already. What products/techniques does everyone use to combat this? What age did you starting noticing these?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Kayla,

use a good eye cream/ gel every morning and night. also, try to get plenty of sleep as tiredness can cause puffiness under the eyes. Drink lots of water and avoid pulling or stretching the eye area as far as possible. to reduce puffiness , you can apply cucumber slices on both eyes. note, prevention is better than curing.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Pumi - I have to smile every time I see the gorgeous pink roses in your avatar. It's snowing like crazy here right now! (I'm in Canada).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Kayla,

use a good eye cream/ gel every morning and night. also, try to get plenty of sleep as tiredness can cause puffiness under the eyes. Drink lots of water and avoid pulling or stretching the eye area as far as possible. to reduce puffiness , you can apply cucumber slices on both eyes. note, prevention is better than curing.
Pumi is there any types of creams you use that work well for lines under the eyes? I have the problem of lines under my eyes from not sleeping well.
Does anyone know if I can put retin-a under my eye for my lines. I am currently using it for acne. Any input will be greatly appreciate.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
salinababie -- I'm with pumi. be careful what you use in your eye area -- the skin near the eyezone is very fragile. I get puffy eyes and dark circles when I don't get enough sleep. If I have time I'll use Thayer's witch hazel, lavendar and aloe vera w/Vit E cut with distilled water; soak a couple of cotton pads, put on some soft music and relax for a bit. I try to use a light cream around my eyes as well -- anything too heavy reacts on my skin.

·
Registered
168 Posts
salinababie -- I'm with pumi. be careful what you use in your eye area -- the skin near the eyezone is very fragile. I get puffy eyes and dark circles when I don't get enough sleep. If I have time I'll use Thayer's witch hazel, lavendar and aloe vera w/Vit E cut with distilled water; soak a couple of cotton pads, put on some soft music and relax for a bit. I try to use a light cream around my eyes as well -- anything too heavy reacts on my skin.
Hi Mari, Thanks for your input. Sorry I never heard of thayer's witch hazel what is it and where can I get it? So I mix thayer's witch hazel, lavender, and aloe vera with vitamin e and distilled water? Do you use a certain measurement for each?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi Mari, Thanks for your input. Sorry I never heard of thayer's witch hazel what is it and where can I get it? So I mix thayer's witch hazel, lavender, and aloe vera with vitamin e and distilled water? Do you use a certain measurement for each?

Thanks a bunch!
I buy Thayers in a health food store and it already has all the ingredients I mentioned. In the summer I keep it in the fridge.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I buy Thayers in a health food store and it already has all the ingredients I mentioned. In the summer I keep it in the fridge.
That sounds great. There is a health food store right on the corner I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Thanks and I'll let you know how its working for me. How often do you use it. Is it safe to use every night?

Thanks Mari!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think that you're really young. I think everything everyone suggested is great. But some natural things that can be done is drinking lots of water and sleeping enough. Are you having a lot of late nights?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi - I have to smile every time I see the gorgeous pink roses in your avatar. It's snowing like crazy here right now! (I'm in Canada).
I am glad I make u smile, Mireckca...hehe

Here, in the UK too, it's pretty coldddishhhh...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Pumi is there any types of creams you use that work well for lines under the eyes? I have the problem of lines under my eyes from not sleeping well.
Does anyone know if I can put retin-a under my eye for my lines. I am currently using it for acne. Any input will be greatly appreciate.

thanks!
Hi Salinababie,

I too suffer from eye puffiness and dark circles coz of late nights. I have been using Body Shop Elderflower eye gel for several months now and I am very happy with it. It not only soothes the eye area but has also reduced the puffiness under my eyes and improved my fine lines remarkably. The best thing of all is that it is not very expensive

As for retin- a, I have never used it before so I can't comment

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That sounds great. There is a health food store right on the corner I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Thanks and I'll let you know how its working for me. How often do you use it. Is it safe to use every night?

Thanks Mari!
I normally use it as a toner if I feel I need it some days. I use it on my eyes only when I feel stressed out and my eyes feel tired. Pumi suggested a gel from the Body Shop -- their products are good -- I don't have access to their store otherwise I'd buy their products too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have used chamomile tea, cooled down and soaked into cotton wool pads - put these on your eyes and relax. I have also used potato slices under my eyes - put them in the fridge for an hour or so before you put them on your eyes. This does help and because it is natural you can do it as often as you like. (Cheap too!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts