Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on another forum and they said you shouldn't use it everyday, nor should you scrub with it. (I have a very hard "African" kind of sponge.) Should I just lather it on my body, and how often? Do you use it as the only soap, or should I use another soap before using the papaya or vice versa? Is it safe for the face/eyes? Sorry for the many questions, I'm just curious before using a new product. :]

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I wet my skin, lather it on, rinse it off to remove any sunscreen & lotions etc. Then, I re-lather & let the suds sit on my skin for a few minutes (2-3; not long) then rinse it off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been using it 2 times a day, leaving it on for 2-3 mins, and then rinsing.

I have experiences no side effects or anything wrong.
I wash my whole face. I have had nothing but good things from it.

What were the bad things they you heard about?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Actually, we both like it (I read Hypothermic's comments: I'd never presume to speak for him!). The one I use has kojic in it too & it leaves me well exfoliated without scrubbing & I feel as smooth as glass after.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I started using the lika's papaya soap again and all of a sudden, I kind of like it, my skin is glowing and the pigments are lighter. I guess it bothered my skin at first because i started using it almost the same time i started ret-a. I use it twice a day on my face and body, dont leave it on though, i rinse it off right away.Mine has no kojic acid in it, same one Jose used. I'll post updates

·
Registered
110 Posts
i did she some results, but it started irritating my skin so I stopped using it and switched to sw+ss glutionione soap. I find it less drying and good results for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard it's been irritating some people's skin, but maybe it's because they've been leaving it on too long. No idea. I think I'm going to be ordering it soon, as soon as I gather money and start my lightening regimen. :]

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Not everything will work for everyone. Skin sensitivity is a dicey issue. I tolerate the papaya/kojic soap BUT I cannot use the Dove bodywash. Go figure! What does the Swiss Glutathione soap do? What does it cost?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been using this for a week and can see a difference!
I usually lather it on, brush my teeth in the shower and then wash it off!

Its only been a week though

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What difference do you see? Sometimes these soaps are potent exfoliators & people confuse this with skin lightening. Even still, though, it is a good thing!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi,

Can somebody pls suggest where I can buy likas papaya soap from? I can't find any in the UK. Is there any website where I can purchase? I want to lighten my sun spots and acne scars.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

Can somebody pls suggest where I can buy likas papaya soap from? I can't find any in the UK. Is there any website where I can purchase? I want to lighten my sun spots and acne scars.

Thanks in advance.
Try eBay UK or Amazon UK, just search it in, I got two results for £2.99 and £5.99

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I got my papaya/kojic on ebay too.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I gguess that is the exfoliating effect. It did the same for me too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been using Likas with the poofy plastic sponges in the shower. I have been using it for a short time. My sensitive skin appears to be tolerating the soap. It definitely is more of an exfoliator.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use papaya kojic soap, have had ok results with it. However, with skin lightening everything will be slow. I also consume MSM, it is working but takes patience.

I don't use dove soap to clean. Then I use Tone exfoliating gel with a sponge, then I apply the soap and leave it on between 5-20mins. For days when im just lounging around the house I will leave it on and wash off in the morning.

I might try glutathione soap as I have heard it works well.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
It is true about lightening taking time. Melanin that is already present will not just vanish. Exfoliation has to shed this skin layer by layer. Then, as the creams effect melanin production, the new skin that develops has less & less melanin. That is why the exfoliation process is so important & partly why lightening takes so long. It is a process that takes maturity, patience & committment. You can choose effective products, but even then, it will take time. Trying to rush the process is where people get damaging effects.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts