Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you peeling in thin sheets or thicker sheets of skin? When I peel, it's in thin layered flakes, but a lot of peeling until it's all off. A few weeks ago, I had a, roughly, 2 inch flake that was peeling off of my elbow and I was out and about and didn't notice it.

I'm wondering if my thin but thorough peeling is the same as you RA(Retin A) users?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I cant believvveee you are peeling like that without RA. If I could find your carotien in the store I shop at I would buy it right away. I know with ra it is like in sheets. You can actually see the pigment peel off in my sheets of skin.

ewww that sounds gross!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I am peeling in a variety of ways that are all gross! Depending upon where on my body, I can get dry flakes, ugly shower-sludge or 'bigger sheets'. I just tell myself to take a deep breath & deal with it. My hyperpigmented skin is leaving for good

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ew @ shower-sludge! LOL! I remember, months back, I was at MAC Cosmetics in the mall. Their lights catch, just about, everthing. I didn't notice I had began to peel till I looked down. I was like
! The skin was lighter between the flakey crevices, but I was all *peely* at the mall
! Now, I know to watch for peeling while out. Ahh, that Eucerin will come in handy!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should mention the Carotein has a 'florally' smell to it, so open the jar and smell it first. It's no big deal to me and I use it at night, anyway. It can, probably, be masked with other fragrances and/or essential oils. I, personally, like the smell and it's $8.99 for 8.5oz/250g where I get it from locally!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I should mention the Carotein has a 'florally' smell to it, so open the jar and smell it first. It's no big deal to me and I use it at night, anyway. It can, probably, be masked with other fragrances and/or essential oils. I, personally, like the smell and it's $8.99 for 8.5oz/250g where I get it from locally!
Hey GoddessOfEarth I just came across your post and wondered whether you use carotein only at night without HQ or with HQ/other bleaching cream? What lotion do you use during the day to mask the peeling and to hydrate your skin - I have dry skin. Would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thank you.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I use the Caroten Nourishing And Fairness Cream, I use it alone at night. And, use Nadinola in the day time.

But, when I start to peel real heavy, I lay off of the Carotein because I continuously peel without it until a thorough peeling is complete. At that time, it's Nadinola day and night without the Carotein.

Aveeno lotion has worked for dryness, but since I have this Eucerin I may try that if I go a day or so without lightening cream.

Also, I do NOT use Carotein on my face. I use St.Ives Apricot Scrub with GENTLE but firm circular motions. I lather my hands with my face soap then put a little St.Ives in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together then do my facial exfoliation.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This sounds good. I would love to get a good peel on some areas of my body in order to get rid of imperfections and the like.

What do you guys think of peeling first either with RA etc before using the HQ?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thanks. I'd love to have clear skin once again before lightening.
I've always read to lighten first but that was with chemical peels, dermatologists prescribe lightening creams for 6 to 8 weeks use before doing a chemical peel. it cuts down on the hyperpigmentation while peeling.

I like to peel over lighten skin myself, got my skin all light and even toned then did a peel, my skin looked so good!!! (I was using the Skin Culture Peel)

With Retin A I'm doing the La Donna regime, alternating days with Retin A and lightening cream. One day lightening cream, one day Retin A and so on. I like this method, my skin is getting lighter, clearer and smoother everyday.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They can be harmful if used in the wrong way, too strong and you could burn yourself.

Have you used a peeling product before?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
If you use are a beginner & want to try a TCA peel, begin at no ghigher than 12.5%
If you are a beginner & want to try glycolic acid, begin no higher than 20%. Always do a test patch according to the directions in the kit in order to see how your skin reacts to the product.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm starting to peel, again. I have to say, the peeling I don't like most is between my fingers!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Finger peeling is gross & feels awkward. It reminds me of when I was a kid & would get that dried up Lepage's white school glue on my hands. Some kids did it on purpose just for the experience of seeing their fingerprints in the peeled off glue sheets. I hare when there's peeling around my mouth because it looks like I ate something messy & was too obtuse to use a NAPKIN & wipe it off!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha! I used to like letting the Elmer's glue dry on my hands, when I was little, and peeling it off!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by

Are you peeling in thin sheets or thicker sheets of skin?

After my very first TCA peel by a ps, I told the dr about the long sheets and was quickly told not to put my fingers near those sheets! Yes, I was helping the peel along.
He was very upset for his instructions were to not touch the flakes or sheets of skin.

He was right, for me not to mess with them, and I stopped. He was very upset.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are you peeling in thin sheets or thicker sheets of skin? When I peel, it's in thin layered flakes, but a lot of peeling until it's all off. A few weeks ago, I had a, roughly, 2 inch flake that was peeling off of my elbow and I was out and about and didn't notice it.

I'm wondering if my thin but thorough peeling is the same as you RA(Retin A) users?
I was wondering, is the skin real pink and moist underneath? Are you allowed to do anything to reduce the amount of flakes?

For me, the retin a just produces small patches of flakey skin, nothing like a peel.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am not sure whether i mess-up or what. I am new to peeling. I used a 15% TCA peel from Make up artists on my elbows, knees and feet.i followed the directions. I did not feel anything neither did I see any changes on my skin. I applied two layers in a period of 15minutes. I ended up washing it off with the fear that it my skin might get over processed. I did my peel 5 hours aga and I still don't feel anything. Can someone please advice about what i am experiencing!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts