Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a newbie so my answer to these questions will be based on research rather than experiences;

Does this mean to do a KIT scrub while my body is covered with Kojie Soap? I read something here that said KIT works best when its on damp /dryer skin.
Someone here said “You're not supposed to use any soaps etc. with it (before or during) because it lessens the grip you get when you scrub and won't be as effective.” So I am assuming you either need to wash it off or not use a soap at all, just bath or shower in warm water for 15-20 minutes before you start scrubbing.

Can I use Amlactin's 15% Lactic Acid Lotion? I've already started using this on my body at night and it didn't burn me.
From what I have gathered, many people in here uses Amlactic, others just DIY the lotion (me) cause I personally think it’s cheaper (I am a student so I try to save money wherever and whenever I can🥲) but it’s literally the same thing.
It’s not supposed to burn you, only tingle. If it burns you are supposed to lower the percentage; everyone’s skin type and pain tolerance is different, maybe 15% was too strong for her and it’s perfect for you (if it tingles) or too weak if it does nothing. See what works for you.

Wait till an expert gets back to you, they will be able to guide you towards the right direction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am a newbie so my answer to these questions will be based on research rather than experiences;

Someone here said “You're not supposed to use any soaps etc. with it (before or during) because it lessens the grip you get when you scrub and won't be as effective.” So I am assuming you either need to wash it off or not use a soap at all, just bath or shower in warm water for 15-20 minutes before you start scrubbing.

From what I have gathered, many people in here uses Amlactic, others just DIY the lotion (me) cause I personally think it’s cheaper (I am a student so I try to save money wherever and whenever I can🥲) but it’s literally the same thing.
It’s not supposed to burn you, only tingle. If it burns you are supposed to lower the percentage; everyone’s skin type and pain tolerance is different, maybe 15% was too strong for her and it’s perfect for you (if it tingles) or too weak if it does nothing. See what works for you.

Wait till an expert gets back to you, they will be able to guide you towards the right direction.
Thanks. I used Koji San soap for 3 days and its made my skin so soft and smooth. But I'm planning on doing a 50% Latic Acid chemical peel on my body tomorrow morning, so I stopped using the soap yesterday. I wonder if its OK to do a KIT scrub before the applying the chemical peel.:unsure:

·
Administrator
34,015 Posts
Yea. I skipped out on that too. I had already order some stuff before I came across this thread but I don't know how effective they will be. I'll likely end up using caro white mixed with pura d'or face whitening serum.
However, for the first month or two, I'm justalso going to only follow the body portion of it because my neck and body are much dark than the majority of my face.

These are some questions I have about the regime:

1) Kojie San (5 mins) I use a KIT to scrub 2x a week --- Does this mean to do a KIT scrub while my body is covered with Kojie Soap? I read something here that said KIT works best when its on damp /dryer skin.

2) LA lotion 15% / Retin A 0.1 (3 x a week) DISCLAIMER I used La lotion for the first 5 months then it would randomly burn me so I switched to RA, also I mix a squirt of RA in palm of hand with Skinlight before rubbing on body. ----Can I use Amlactin's 15% Lactic Acid Lotion? I've already started using this on my body at night and it didn't burn me.
Yes apply your Kojie while in the shower then use your KIT like you would a washcloth.
And yes you can and are using Amlactin like you should be. Use it every night, it shouldn't burn you. If it burns you then you are using your KIT too aggressively.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes apply your Kojie while in the shower then use your KIT like you would a washcloth.
And yes you can and are using Amlactin like you should be. Use it every night, it shouldn't burn you. If it burns you then you are using your KIT too aggressively.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. You've cleared up my concerns about Amlactins usage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Abbreviations for my newbies (as I wish I had this when I was new): SL= Skinlight, RA= Retin A, KS= Kojie San, LA= Lactic Acid, KIT= Korean Italian Towel, CL = Carolight, GS= Glow-skin, HQ= Hydroquinone, LS= light skinned SAP= Sun Avoidance/Protection BSS= Beauty Supply store

NB:
I started at Gabrielle Union (her original shade not in 2021) and I was 410/420 in fenty and an NC50 in Mac. If you want to read my entire journey here is my thread: Skinlight- How long should I give it?

Everything I learnt was from here and through trial and error :)

How long did it take?
9 months! Could’ve had a whole baby in that time loool

What’s my regimen?

MORNING

Face-
Kojie San (5 mins)
vitamin C serum
Raphe pharmaceutique deep bleach creme
sunscreen SPF 50,

Body-
Kojie San (5 mins)
skin light mix (mixed with CL oil or CW oil)
Neoplus gel forte (knuckles)

NIGHT

Body-
Kojie San (5 mins) I use a KIT to scrub 2x a week
LA lotion 15% / Retin A 0.1 (3 x a week) DISCLAIMER I used La lotion for the first 5 months then it would randomly burn me so I switched to RA, also I mix a squirt of RA in palm of hand with Skinlight before rubbing on body
Skinlight (mixed with CL oil or CW oil)
Neoplus gel forte (knucles)

Face:
Kojie San (5 mins)
Raphe pharmaceutique deep bleach creme
1 pump of skinpharm whitening gel
Retin A 0.1 (3x a week)
Rosehip oil
Moisturiser

Once a week I do an La peel (50%) I skin build for 2 days following the peel with whipped Shea butter and olive oil or Jergens if I cba. Then I do a sea salt bath once a week and use my KIT.

Where did I buy my products: eBay or the official website, amazon (if it’s a natural product like Vit C serum etc.) or AllDayChemist (RA) If you live in the UK don’t bother with any BSS as HQ is banned here so they will sell you a HQ free product and it won’t be anywhere near as effective
Hi Dehum

It’s been like a year now! How is your skin fairing? Are you still 310? How has maintenance been? Looking for an update!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts