Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a week, and I'm already noticing that I am getting lighter.

But I would like to know how light can I get using HQ 4%? I am Gabrielle Union's complexion.

I am desperate to get lighter. I feel like I'll start to get noticed more by black guy's.

And lastly, will the HQ stop working? I have had this experience with creams in the p ast.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
You get as light as a really high yellow to dark european olive, LaDonna went from Lauryn Hill to Mariah in one year of consistent HQ/RA use. In this regimen, the HQ will NOT stop working b/c of the miracle cream Retin-A, which constantly works on your skin, exfoliating, turning cells over and giving you new skin with every day of use so the HQ will be working on your new skin day after day, going deeper and deeper to inhibit melanin production making you lighter and lighter. The people for which it stops working or they think it stops working is b/c of a lack of exfoliation with Retin-A or acids or scrubs/cloths. When you dont exfoliate the skin regularly, the HQ will just sit on top of dead skin cells and do nothing, giving you the impression that its not working or its darkening the skin. So stick with the RA which is the main component in getting HQ to work indefinitely.

*NEVER FORGET THE SUNBLOCK*

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This makes me VERY happy. Wow. Now what will I do about the rest of my body?? I don't want a really light face and a dark brown body

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
you can order in bulk from alldaychemist.com, they are very cheap when it comes to HQ/RA and ordering it in bulk will save u money and will be doable. Lots of people on this site are doing their bodies by ordering from ADC.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
39 Posts
darkblackgirl, glade to know you already seeing results in one week, i am also new to this, my second week and i am just about the same complexion as Gabrielle Union's, too and want to get tia and tamara's complexion. i havent really notice much of lightening yet, i am just getting more whiteheads pimples, which hopefully will slow down soon. i only use the HQ once, at night with RA, maybe thats why i havent seen much of lightening yet...do you use the likas soup?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
darkblackgirl, glade to know you already seeing results in one week, i am also new to this, my second week and i am just about the same complexion as Gabrielle Union's, too and want to get tia and tamara's complexion. i havent really notice much of lightening yet, i am just getting more whiteheads pimples, which hopefully will slow down soon. i only use the HQ once, at night with RA, maybe thats why i havent seen much of lightening yet...do you use the likas soup?
I use HQ 4% twice a day. And the Retin A, once a day, applied at night

I currently have the Obagi system. So I am using the Obagi washing gel, with the toner, along w/ the HQ 4% and Retin A.

One day, I looked much lighter, but today not so much.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
yeah the Obagi hydroquinone 4% gives quicker and even results b/c it has a nice concentration of Lactic Acid and an absorbing base but its wayyyyy too expensive to keep up with, at 65+ dollars for a 2 ounce.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
265 Posts

zana your skin is purging. Be happy you are getting those cuz it means your cleaning out your skin. Next step- flawless skin

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use HQ 4% twice a day. And the Retin A, once a day, applied at night

I currently have the Obagi system. So I am using the Obagi washing gel, with the toner, along w/ the HQ 4% and Retin A.

One day, I looked much lighter, but today not so much.
have u been using the obagi system for a while? i only use HQ at night, i live in Australia and its sizzling hot here, so i am scared to use HQ during the day even with 30+ sunblock.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
KarenanneV, that is my very favourite photo of DVT. Doesn't she look amazing ?

The Obagi is good stuff but very very expensive. Buying in bulk from ADC is the way to go. I buy 20 tubes of HQ4% at a time & 10 of RA. I use 1 1/2 tubes of HQ/week using it on my entire body. DarkBlackGirl, if you have any darker or uneven areas, I strongly suggest that you lighten the darker areas first to blend them into the rest of yr skin. Then, as you lighten overall, you'll be even. My knuckles, wrist bone area, hand & foot edges were darker than the rest of m skin. I spent 2 months blending them in perfectly then switched to overall lightening. The result: NO Lil' Kim effect. Just natural looking even lightening.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i used hq at 2% and my knuckles became the same color as my hand and stayed that way. i just rub it in more at the knuckles.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will the wrinkly ashy look (mostly in the eye area) go away when using HQ and retin A? does it mean its working??

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The wrinkly ashy look is one of the effects of the RA. While it is ugly at first, I guarantee that, once your skin is through purging the accumulated dead skin away that you'll be smooth & lovely. If you are too dry, just touch a dab of olive oil to the extra dry areas. This is what I do & it helps a lot. This purging will pass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts