Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've only been on my HQ/RA regime for two weeks now, but how long did it take all of you to see some lightening? Using Meladerm, I saw subtle changes within a week. Every morning I get up all excited to see something, and it seems like my face looks darker every day
. Just all red/orangey, because of the RA I suppose. Just the opposite of what I want, really. I've started to feel really self conscious at work. I'm sure everyone thinks I've suddenly hit the bronzer. I would NEVER use bronzer, OMG, to have everyone think that is my worst nightmare. Normally I can tone it down with my cornstarch powder but doing that yesterday just brought out the flakes. Ohhhhhh, any encouraging advice would be great right now

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how come you stopped the meladerm if you were seeing results??
Because after three months it just seemed to stop working. I probably lightened one shade and a dark patch on my neck was about 50% better, but after getting on this forum and finding out there was something much stronger (HQ/RA), I decided to give it a go. Meladerm is supposed to give optimal results in 3 months and that's how long I used it for, but my skin was (and is) still basically a mess and much darker than my body.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How about you STOP the RA and find yourself a good facial scrub. You seem to be having issues with that stuff. Forget lowering the strength, leave it alone and use your 4% HQ, a facial scrub, and (obviously) sunBLOCK.

I don't use RA, so I don't know anything about it. I DO know it's not mandatory for you to lighten.

Either you can:

Continue to use it and keep torturing yourself mentally/phisically

Maybe...?.. Try a lower strength

**Or get yourself a facial scrub, some good sunBLOCK, and try using the HQ by itself and see how you like that**

Skin lightening is a trial and error thing. You seem to be in error mode and I suggest you start a new trial.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Goddess,

I might just stick it out for a little longer. I do love how the RA makes my skin very smooth. I used HQ4% by itself several years ago with no result, so I'm hestitant to stop the RA. HOWEVER, looking back, I only used it once a day, and didn't use a scrub or anything, so if this continues to be a nightmare I might take your advice and try it twice a day

Update: I've just gotten out of the shower and got a lot of gunk off my face and I sort of do see lighter patches, I think! I actually think, without the redness from the RA, I would notice them a lot more. I don't know, but maybe, just maybe, something might be happening! Also, I've put a little Emu oil (got some on the weekend) on top of the HQ so I'll see how I go throughout the day. The more I think about it, I need something to soothe sandwiched between my HQ and my sunblock during the day. Anyway of course I'll I'll keep you all posted!! I'm feelin' a little hopeful all of a sudden

Oh also, I'm going to go out and get some Invisble Zinc sunblock, I think my chemical one may be a little stinging and contributing to the redness.

·
Registered
670 Posts
"so if this continues to be a nightmare I might take your advice and try it twice a day ."

?

Lol! I didn't recommend you use it twice a day. I recommended stopping it for a while and use HQ and a scrub or, maybe, trying a lower strength.

It's good you see lighter patches.

About the Emu Oil. I mentioned, on one of these boards, that, I was going to try it for something. I forget what. I think as a carrier oil or something. Anywho, someone mentioned it grows hair!
You may want to look into that further, unless you're familiar with the Emu Oil. I didn't look into it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thats exactly it! RA makes your face sooo red, it looks somewhat sunburned. But thats irritation and dryness, so again cut out the RA or mix it with moisturizer. Trust me its worth it

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Karenannev what percentage of RA were you using? I agree with GoddessofEarth to stop using it for awhile since everyone's skin may react differently to it. Let your skin heal and maybe just continue with the Hq and Likas soap since papaya contains papain which helps the skin to heal and look refreshed.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your advice, everyone

Goddess, I meant HQ twice a day (and no RA)
, because I only used HQ4 once a day in the past and got no results. Yes, I will look into the Emu Oil. I hadn't heard that! I'll definitely check

Reyaz01, I'm going to use something (maybe emu oil) between my HQ and sunblock. I did this today and it was great (see my new thread).

Eternal I use 0.05%. I think I'll stick with it for a bit longer (see my new thread).

Thanks again all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts