Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say you go out in for one day, will the exposure to the sun reverse all the HQ's work or does it take awhile before that happens. I know your supposed to avoid the sun and wear sunscreen etc, but how long can you spend in the sun without it affecting your HQ progress?

NB: When i say "in the sun" i mean usual sun exposure while wearing sunscreen like going shopping or to get the groceries etc.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
if you are going to spend time in the sun do it briefly, or with a really strong sunscreen and hat because dark skinned people like us we get a little darker either way if you are out in the sun between the hours of noon to 4 or 5 and seeing and how you are in trinidad, well that is some strong sun, dont worry it seems like you are going from here and there, so wear a strong sunscreen adn wear a HAT!!!!!! thats a must, and you are good.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, oh and i was wondering on some packages i see things like Hydroquinone 2.0% USP, what does the USP stand for? Like is it significant?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The abbreviation USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia, a document first published in 1820 by the Medical Society of New York State. Recognized as official by Congress in 1848, this document was used as a standard reference by physicians for prescribing medicines. Today, the USP includes chemical descriptions, identifying tests, and purity tests, primarily for active ingredients. All materials listed in the USP are considered drugs by law and subject to all the U.S. Food & Drug Administration requirements pertaining to drugs. Labeling a product or a substance as USP implies that it conforms to all the legal requirements of the FDA and that it was produced in accordance with the principles outlined in FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Halleluia! So at least the products I bought are "conformed" lol thanks! Im feeling kind of down because I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to by the RA
The banks in trinidad are horrible.... sigh.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Um why dont you go there and get them for me? lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyways, thanks for all your help guys! So glad I found these forums.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If you go outside during the early morning hours or in the evening when the sun has pretty much gone down, it will have little effect on your skin. Still have to wear a good strong sunblock. Also, I always try to carry sunblock with me and reapply it during the day.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
HOW DO U REAPPLY SUNBLOCK IF U HAVE ON MAKEUP ALREADY? doesnt it have a caked up white look
Oh...sorry, I don't wear foundation or anything so that's why I'm always reapplying. I Just wear eyeliner and sometimes lipstick. But true, you would only apply it a few minutes after you apply your lightening creams, but before you apply your makeup, sorry.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol thanks eternal. Might I say you look stunning!

Update: Well guys, I found Retin-A gel !!!!!!!! WOOHOOO (couldnt be happier). So I applied it and I started shedding skin almost immediately lol. If I pass my finger across my face, some skin comes off. Scary actually lol. But anyways now I'm on my HQ/RA regime and things are going fantastic. Btw applying the RA and the HQ together definitely irritates much more than HQ alone, but not to the point that its unbearing
Thanks evryone for the help! I'll keep you posted on my results!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks! But that's not me in the avatar, that's my twin...lol. That is about the complexion I'm aiming for. Yeah, keep us updated with your results. I'm also considering the Hq/Ra regimine, so I figure it takes time to get comfortable with the new regimine.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
HOW DO U REAPPLY SUNBLOCK IF U HAVE ON MAKEUP ALREADY? doesnt it have a caked up white look
i am searching now for the perfect makeup to use with my regimine. i was using bobbi brown pressed powder before and it gives me the pale face sitting on top of my high spf face sun bock .. many cosmetic companies will encourage foundation as a protective shield to your skin on your face.. i am going to try a liquid foundation as i think it would go on better.. ive also noticed some liquid foundations have Octyl methoxycinnamate and zinc as their active ingredients.. which are sunblock active ingredients and may help additionaly..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts