Skin Care Talk banner

How long did it take your body to start peeling?

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  supermodella 
#1 ·
My face has been peeling quite nicely, as weird as that sounds, but i feel like the skin on my body is taking forever. No flakes or peels or anything, just dryness. How long before I see some shedding going on?

#2 ·
With HQ/RA? Are you alternating or have you mixed 2 tog' ? How long ahs it been that you've been doing your routine on your body? When I was using HQ/RA (alternating method) I became dry quite fast & peeling happened within 2 weeks. When I was using the 2 mixed tog' 2x/day, peeling began within 5 days or so. Everyone's skin is different, but this is what happened to me.

#4 ·
You say you are using it 'with water'? What do you mean? THis combo is meant to be applied onto DRY skin & NOT mixed with water. Are you using it once or 2x daily? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I don't want to give you advice that makes no sense & you can't use. For the dryness, you can apply little natural oil. I like olive on my skin but sweet almond & apricot kernel are also popular (& lighter) choices. If you're getting the dryness, the peeling will soon follow. Some people see it happen in the shower when it turns to a gross 'sludge' you can wipe off (happens to me). Others get the sludge & the big dry flakes as well. It has barely been 10 days, so it may take a little longer.

#5 ·
I read somewhere on the forum that someone is taking the cream then adding a few drops of water to make it more spreadable. Am I not supposed to do that? I'm using it 2x daily. My skin on my arms now has these like ... dry circles on them that look kind of flaky but I don't know whether that's just dryness.

#7 ·
I'm with LNL on that one. Diluting something does exactly that: it dilutes it! The dry circles will eventually become flakiness that'll roll off readily in a hot shower. Meanwhile, spread on a little olive oil & you'll be more comfortable.

#8 ·
Wow, I wish I knew that earlier.
But an area on my face has begun to feel really tight, like to the point of a burning feeling when I stretch it. Underneath and around my lips mostly. Like pressing my lips together in the manner you would to spread lipgloss/chapstick after putting it on feels really raw in those areas. What do I do? Opening my mouth wide doesn't feel so great, either. :/

#14 ·
If you dot it on then spread it, it goes farther. Since it is so cheap at ADC, if you use a lot, it isn't the end of the world & won't break the bank. The only thing that bugs me is the long delay between when you place your order & when the products arrive (can take 3 weeks or even 4!).

LNL: I just caught your mention of Hyaluronic serum. What can you tell us about this? I've heard of the famed Hyaluroni injectable fillers, but what is this serum all about?

#17 ·
Which lotion did you spread on? If it contains any acids like KJ, RA, Glycolic or AHA stop using it while you are doing your lightening regimen. Your skin will be more sensitive than ever now that you are using RA.

I wait a little until the HQ/Ra has fully absorbed then I apply the oil. It heeps the skin supple despite the drying effects of the RA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.