Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm back

I've decided to take everyone's advice to try a natural skin whitening regimen. I'm using a Kojic acid soap and cream by Diana Stalder.

I'm currently about Beyonce's complexion
I was aiming to get to about Alicia Keys (sorry I can't post links!!)
I actually want to get to about Kim Kardashian's color, but I figure I should start slow and keep my expectations low lol

How long should it take with the kojic acid regimen or ANY regimen, for that matter?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Hey Gabbster, "slight" results usually come after about a month when the skin sheds away, but actual results show like around 3 months to 6 months. I think this is an achievable goal but I recommend you put Retin-A 0.1 into your regimen for faster, even, adn efficient results.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
if you cant get it then use a scrub, I recommend Nivea for Men Energizing Face Scrub - women can use it too. Use some peels in between ur lightening journey like we have been doing in this board, either a Glycolic Peel or a TCA depending on your skin type./

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Gabbster! Welcome back: long time no see. The Kojic soap is a good beginning. It, alone, will not lighten you to Alicia Keys' colour. Besides RA, there are other alternatives. Google the Neo Strata website. They have an HQ free natural lightener. Their products are a little more expensive, but they're good + you don't need a prescription. They make a body lotion with 10% glycolic acid. They also make an HQ4% + glycolic acid lightening cream. It is costlier that what we typically pay for HQ4% but you can get it on your own whereas most online pharmacies require either a paypal acct or a credit card. Are your parents supportive of your decision?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ondine,
I'm a first time poster. I have bought the Neo Strata Lightening cream. Can you please advise whether to apply the lightening cream to my whole face? And should I wait for a few minutes before applying the rectinoid cream? many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
ondine i have just browsed the neo strata website and have come across some amazing products that have HQ/KOJIC ACID/GLYCOLIC ACID.. dey havent stated wat concentrate it is thou. however will using them products lighten my skin colour opposed to using HQ/RA??

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi, I'm back

I've decided to take everyone's advice to try a natural skin whitening regimen. I'm using a Kojic acid soap and cream by Diana Stalder.

I'm currently about Beyonce's complexion
I was aiming to get to about Alicia Keys (sorry I can't post links!!)
I actually want to get to about Kim Kardashian's color, but I figure I should start slow and keep my expectations low lol

How long should it take with the kojic acid regimen or ANY regimen, for that matter?
Your Beyonce's color

Oh goodness, another light skinned person on the lightening section of SkinCareTalk.

If I was B's color I'd be dancing in the street.

Ok that's it get out>>>>>>>>
I'm giving you the boot!! LOL!!

Your already BEAT IT!!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
ummmm beyonce is really not that light.....

anyways is it possible to get from beyonce's color to alicia keys color?

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE=Manay;68828]ummmm beyonce is really not that light.....

anyways is it possible to get from beyonce's color to alicia keys color?[/QUOTE]

I think Beyonce is if you compare her to Wesley Snipes, she is very fair.

[

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Wesley snipes should sue his hairdresser. His hair look like some kind of bizarre fungus!

Hi Pomelo & welcome to the forum. Nice to see so many new people! As for how to apply the cream, it depends on what you are trying to achieve! Are you seeking to even up tour skin tone by lightening darker patches? Are you treating sun damaged caucasian skin? Are you looking for overall lighter skin? Before I can give you a sensible answer, I'd need to know those few facts.

Samxx, the NeoStrata IS good stuff. The only bone I have to pick with it is the price (if you are going to be lightening all over, it is too expensive in the long run) I used their stuff myself & it worked very well. Here's the thing: it depends on what you're trying to do! If you are Wesley Snipes' colour & want to be Chris Brown's colour, Neo Strata/RA CAN achieve this, but why pay that much when you can buy from ADC so cheaply? If you just have some darker areas to blend in (knees, knuckles, ankles etc.) Then you can affort to stick with NeoStrata's 4%HQ with AHA (or glycolic...I forget which it was) & make that happen w/o buying RA. If you are in your 30's, the RA is great due to its anti aging benefits. A lot depends on each person's skin & each person's goals.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nikkicute, I always think you're white because of your avatar. How funny is that
LOL!! I get that in real life, when my mothers friends here me on the phone.
They ask her if her daughter is white, sometimes she says yes. lol
Me and my sister always got teased in school because of the way we talked.
Guess we didn't talk "black" enough.
whatever!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
it is possible. Just bear in mind yr facial features when lightening. Go with the one that suits both your personal taste & your unique facial features. Just like choosing a new hair colour & style.

·
Registered
485 Posts
how long will it take you think?
From beyonce to alicia keys is not much of a big leap.
Maybe 4 or 5 months
Just a guess...

It took a year using RA/HQ for a member who claims to have gone from Lauren Hill to Mariah Carey.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts