Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
When you make a cake there is a certain way that you add the ingredients in proper succession to ensure the cake will turn out like a cake instead of a board. It is unlikely if you dumped all the ingredients in a bowl mixed them up dumped them in a pan and baked you'd get the same results. So I look at the list of ingredients in cosmetics and I know the "dirty dozen" you should look for but having tried many products I've come to the conclusion that it depends how the cosmetic will react on your own skin. I also think it is the way the product is made even if it has good ingredients.

I've recommended products to friends and some were pleased, some not. A cosmetician who has beautiful skin let me in on her secret product --which did nothing for me.

I do use some Olay products (was there an Oil of Olay?) but recently bought two of their new products --Definity moisturizer -- I tossed it. I also bought the Regenerist 14 day skin intervention which states "While it won't give you the same results as a medical procedure the concentrated formula ... (blah,blah) Experience a skin turn-around in just 2 weeks ... " Well the product for the price has some really good ingredients in it such as, vit. B3, amino petides. The first day I experienced some puffiness in my face -- which probably was a reaction. I followed the 14 day regime and there is no difference in my skin. Someone else may try it and get great results. I once tried a $200 eye cream which made my eyes red; having just panned Olay products I will say Olay regenerist eye cream works for me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.