Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my second peel, which I have not completely recovered from- I used a 25% solution. I haven't noticed much difference at all in my fine lines. Does it take many peels to notice a difference? I'll tell you this: I will NEVER do a full face 25% peel again. OUUUUUCH! The tightness drove me BATTY and I finally peeled and it was such a relief. I will only do parts of my face from now on. Wow. It was so much tighter and uncomfortable post-peel than the 4 layers of 12.5% even. It itched and was so tight it was UNBELIEVABLE. I did it a week ago and my face is still red in some places and "re-flaking." Man oh man. Somebody was right when they said that when you heal from a peel and say WOO HOO I'm ready for another peel is akin to giving birth. You FORGET the pain!! LOL Applying it was not the *problem*. It was the extreme tightness and waaaaaiiiiting to peel. OMG I wanted to peel the skin myself to get some relief!! My face is still a tad swollen in areas- not bad at all, but I can tell. I just don't want to keep doing peels if they aren't going to improve my fine lines. My skin is even and I don't have age spots. Is it worth it??

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I would give your skin a rest sandia. Doing too many back to back, you aren't giving your skin time to heal. Give yourself a couple of weeks to see if you notice more improvements. It takes time, just like anything else.

Patience my luv, patience-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was 3 weeks between the 12.5% peel and the 25% peel. I plan to wait another 6 weeks or so to even do spot treatments.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
do wait please. Yes like the gymrat said give it time, if I recall it takes about a month for skin to do it's turnover thingy. So give yourself a good rest for now and use some green cream or get some RA and make some Vit C serum! Now that is great for fine lines! For me the TCA was for getting those pesky brown spots and freckles ( which I do NOT think is cute on me! ) and it took about 4 times to get the worst one, so you won't see results in just one or 2 peels. I did glycolic for 2 years before going to TCA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts