Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you shouldn't wash your face TOO much, but how much is enough? I try to wash in the morning and then when I come home, but what if I go out for a run after and want to wash my face again/before I go to bed--is that too much?

I use aveeno's anti-acne foam wash once a day, and then just a splash of water otherwise.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I know you shouldn't wash your face TOO much, but how much is enough? I try to wash in the morning and then when I come home, but what if I go out for a run after and want to wash my face again/before I go to bed--is that too much?

I use aveeno's anti-acne foam wash once a day, and then just a splash of water otherwise.
I think washing in the AM and PM is plenty. What I would do in your case is not wash when you get home, skip that, and just wash before bed.

Washing too much with a cleanser can dry your skin. But washing 2 times a day is fine-and especially if you have been out running-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I also wash my face three times a day - once in the morning in the shower, once at bedtime before applying my night stuff, and once in the late afternoon after being out for the day or exercising. It may be too frequent but I am sure to apply moisturizing products - and my skin seems to handle it well. I just cannot imagine going all day long without washing my face.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I also wash my face three times a day - once in the morning in the shower, once at bedtime before applying my night stuff, and once in the late afternoon after being out for the day or exercising. It may be too frequent but I am sure to apply moisturizing products - and my skin seems to handle it well. I just cannot imagine going all day long without washing my face.
Do you really mireckca? Hey- as long as it is working for you is all the matters, right?!

I know for myself washing 2 times a day is about all my face can take. My face gets pretty tight by the second wash. Some will say 2 times a day is too much-

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

You do not say what type of skin you have but I presume it's oily because of your reference to the anti-acne foam wash.

Also, you don't mention if your wear make-up. Anyway, I run daily. I wash my face only ONCE A WEEK when I exfoliate it but I have no problem with oiliness.

For you once a day should be plenty because you could over stimulate your oil glands if you wash too much,

Hope this helps,

redrose

·
Registered
475 Posts
Anyway, I run daily. I wash my face only ONCE A WEEK when I exfoliate it but I have no problem with oiliness.

redrose
Do you wear makeup? Once a week? What about in the shower do you splash with water?

I wash am and pm. I use a glycolic cleanser in the am and a very gentle cleanser in the pm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
twice a day with a gentle cleanser. sometimes I just use the toner at night so my skin is not over cleansed. you could just try wiping some gentle toner on your face after you exercise ...

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I agree DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is HG status for me! It gets off the sunscreen and grime at the end of the day. I finish with the NCNProSkincare microfiber cloth (dampened and used as a chamois to get off the last traces of SS and DCO). LOL, no! I don't sell them!

I wash in the am with Chidorya Rice Bran soap which is mild but gets off the RA from the night before. If I am outside all day, I clean my face after coming in with the damp microfiber cloth just to get the junk off.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I agree DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is HG status for me! It gets off the sunscreen and grime at the end of the day. I finish with the NCNProSkincare microfiber cloth (dampened and used as a chamois to get off the last traces of SS and DCO). LOL, no! I don't sell them!

I wash in the am with Chidorya Rice Bran soap which is mild but gets off the RA from the night before. If I am outside all day, I clean my face after coming in with the damp microfiber cloth just to get the junk off.
How many of those microfiber cloths do you have anyway? Your house must be packed to the hilt with them!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
haha [email protected] beautyhabit! That's where I got hooked on Chidorya soap! That place is soooooo expensive and so addicting!

Hhahha mireckca @microfiber cloths! I had 2 - one for face, one for body - and then Nanci sent me a free one with my last order, so now I have 3. The new one is thicker and nicer than the older 2 and is a beige color instead of white. Pretty soon even George will have his own! Disclaimer: I don't sell these and I'm not a sales rep!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I love beautyhabit too. Yes it is expensive, I try to limit myself from there-

The micro fiber you just described is like mine. Is it ok to wash it in cold and air dry?

I really should of ordered another one. I am weird about always using a clean towel and wash cloth. Having a back up would of been nice-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes, I wash mine in warm water with mild soap and air dry it.

This one from NCN is thicker that the other ones from her. I have to be careful not to overdo it or it scrapes my hide off! It's gentle but powerful. I like it better than the Clarisonic which was such a waste of money for me - too harsh! Have yu ever used one gymrat?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Yep I have/had the Clarisonic I agree 100% total waste of $ !! I gave it to my son after buying all the extra's for it. He always gets my reject gadgets-
Using the Clarisonic was like using sand paper to me. It always left my face red and irritated.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you splash water on your face it will evaporate along with any moisturisers that you have on your skin leaving your face dry.

I wash twice a day in the morning and at night, as well as post-workout.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
It all depends on the circumstances, What I've been doing? Have I worked hard (sweat) or if it's a humid and sticky day. I normally wash my face twice a day, but when it's humid you can count on me washing as much as 5 times a day. and applying some moisturizer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would say that if your face looks dirty or feels dirty then wash it!

It all depends on the environment that each of us find ourselves in each day. Some of us have very dirty jobs and some of us work in sterile conditions etc. So I would say that everyone is different and should act accordingly.

If you use a lot of makeup that will also have an effect on how your face looks and feels so you might want to give your face a little break from all the chemicals we apply when trying to make ourselves look good.

You have to remember that the human body provides it's own natural oils for protection of the skin from the elements which has evolved over thousands of years so you don't want to be too hasty in removing the natural oils with some chemical soap.

The best advice is always do things in moderation.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't think washing your face three times a day is too much if your skin is oily or if you've been exercising. But I wouldn't use a harsh cleanser. I use Purity made Simple for mornings and after exercising...it doesn't dry out my skin (I have combination normal/dry). Night time I use a cleansing oil first to take off my make-up/ss, etc...it gets everything off my face including mascara. Then I wash my face with a cleanser. Once a week I use a microfibre cloth to exfoliate.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts