Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must easily spend close to $1000.00 a year, and I am by no means rich or well off. The worst is I tend to be heavy handed when applying, and that doesn't include trips to the spa. OY! I am feeling faint.

Any tip for applying serums and lotions etc., so that I don't run through my products so quickly.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Over the past 2 years I know I have spent easily hundreds, if not a thousand or a bit more trying to discover the ONE that works. Now that I have found this forum, some trial and error I have narrowed it down to just a few products so now I will be spending MUCH less! THANKFULLY

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
WOW! Good for you
How do you do it? I must be a product junkie!
By only using products that have some solid science behind them.

Retin-a (tretinoin) bought online.......around $5.00 a tube (including shipping)

I search the net for the best deals on sunscreens with proven ingredients (mexoryl sx and xl and Tinosorbs s and m)

I make my own vitamin C serum for pennies a day

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Peri, I did not know it was that cheap (Tretinoin), can you provide the site?
oh please let us know what you will find on inexpensive sunscreens!

I bought Devita.net good stuff (no white face) but too expensive with the shipping it cost me $55 for 6 oz/180ml

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Peri, I did not know it was that cheap (Tretinoin), can you provide the site?
oh please let us know what you will find on inexpensive sunscreens!

I bought Devita.net good stuff (no white face) but too expensive with the shipping it cost me $55 for 6 oz/180ml
alldaychemist.com,,,,,,,order several tubes of treinoin to offset the high shipping cost.
Search ebay for some great sunscreen deals. Ebay UK has Garnier Ambre Solaire sunscreen for really good prices. Ombrelle is a pretty good one to look for in Canada.

·
Registered
16 Posts
About $300

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm the same as goatlady. I used to spend a ton trying the lastest greatest. Now I'm picking out the best products and spending a fraction of what I used to and Keeping it simple. So I'd guess now $400

·
Registered
529 Posts
i buy from the mens section.. which is suprisingly expensive.. dominated by like nivia and loreal mens expert.

i think they purposly over price them for men cause they know we know jack about skin care

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
i buy from the mens section.. which is suprisingly expensive.. dominated by like nivia and loreal mens expert.

i think they purposly over price them for men cause they know we know jack about skin care
Kamakaze
You know it! BUt now that you are wiser you know you can buy the same stuff as women do- you just have to look for "unscented" versions!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
529 Posts
id need brass balls to start looking at womens cosmetics, i know atleast 2 guys who would not even walk thru that bright fluorescent mecca of scent and colour in department stores.

So far since joining ive got:
- Nivea for men, revitalising eye relief with Q10!!! what ever that means
- Burts Bees beeswax lip balm
- Nivea for men, revitalising moisturiser.. also with Q10
- Neutrogena deep clean invigorating foaming scrub
- Sense' tonifiant hydratant.. which i went ahead and assumed was hydrating toner.

cost me like 60 buks

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
kamakaze better get the sunscreen on your list before the Fawnster gets you! I shop online for just about everything I buy, no hassles, no humiliation, no taxes!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm the same as goatlady. I used to spend a ton trying the lastest greatest. Now I'm picking out the best products and spending a fraction of what I used to and Keeping it simple. So I'd guess now $400
I would love to be able to spend less money on skin care. Prodcuts have given me great looking skin, but has not diminished fine lines or have stopped new fine lines from coming in. I just wonder if it is all worth it just for clear skin.

What are the best products?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would say approximately $500.00 a year. I too used to spend a lot mostly to experiment on what works. Now that I found what works I tend to stick to those....but occasionally do try new products just to see if they work better.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would say approximately $500.00 a year. I too used to spend a lot mostly to experiment on what works. Now that I found what works I tend to stick to those....but occasionally do try new products just to see if they work better.
I spend heaps on makeup and skin care.
I won't buy from the department stores since joining SCT.
I have learnt so much.
Finally got the download for Lou Lou Facial exercises, could not get it to work.
Now I am motivated. We do what we have to to look good.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Lydia! The Queen of Photos here at SCT!!!! So funny, but it obliterated the "thanks" button, so I will have to thank one of your other posts to make up for it!!! LOL you are mad!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts