Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cream that says arbutin 1.5% w/w, plus other ingredients such as mulberry extracts, octinoxate, kojic acid diphalmitate etc.

I understand that arbutin lightens skin, but in this case, 1.5% is too small, isn't it? Does it have any value at all?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have a cream that says arbutin 1.5% w/w, plus other ingredients such as mulberry extracts, octinoxate, kojic acid diphalmitate etc.

I understand that arbutin lightens skin, but in this case, 1.5% is too small, isn't it? Does it have any value at all?
what is the cream called?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Skinactives has something on (Alpha) Arbutin. SAS recommends using other products to augment the ARbutin for lightening. Shesheido has the patent on it for skin lightening/brightening products. ( confirm with Google)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I made a formulation with 10% and it helped lighten my skin when I was recovering from hypermigmentation from a drug eruption outbreak.

·
Registered
836 Posts
where would i be able to get hold of arbutin 20% cream?
Formulate it yourself. Most online vendors only sell it in low quantities and for horrific prices.

Hey, Girl, I know I asked you about this before, but you conveniently ignored me (and others). Since you're definitely not a seller, mind sharing with us where you get all your materials?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Girl, I asked you a while ago what your source was for these raw chemicals you sell on Ebay. You never posted your source. This time, I just want to know the country of origin. There's a really good reason I'm asking.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Girl, I asked you a while ago what your source was for these raw chemicals you sell on Ebay. You never posted your source. This time, I just want to know the country of origin. There's a really good reason I'm asking.
Suspicious, isn't it? Oh well, she insists she's not here as a seller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
makingcosmetics has the arbutin in a product called skinwhite BLE.....it has MAP in it too......they recommend an 8% concentration and even have a recipe....i added kojic acid and it works really good.....

worked wonders for my elbows!

·
Registered
161 Posts
@Tongry, I think she/he might not want to share it because they might be making a small profit out of it. I think it is unreasonable to demand that. You can choose to use or not use their product...

@Ondine: Is not Mequinol the same as 4-Methoxyphenol? I know Fisher Scientific sells this for a really competitive bulk price. Would you suggest this is a good source? If you research this with your expertise, we would all benefit a lot. Thanks in advance, Ondine!

·
Registered
836 Posts
@Tongry, I think she/he might not want to share it because they might be making a small profit out of it. I think it is unreasonable to demand that. You can choose to use or not use their product..
Ergo, she's a seller and her presence here is purely to make a profit, not as a productive member.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts