Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to look like a clown, but now, I know better. I only wear a full face of makeup when I go somewhere important. Usually I will just cover up spots, put on some mascara, and then lipgloss and I'm set!​

·
Registered
40 Posts
Full face makeup should never make you look like a clown unless that is the look you are going for. Makeup should enhance what you have. I usually wear full face makeup . . . mineral foundation, eye shadow, liner & lash color, brow liner, blush, lip liner, color & gloss & my favorite Illuminating Face Radiance to add that natural, dewy look back. And I can do it all in 3 minutes.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full face makeup should never make you look like a clown unless that is the look you are going for. Makeup should enhance what you have. I usually wear full face makeup . . . mineral foundation, eye shadow, liner & lash color, brow liner, blush, lip liner, color & gloss & my favorite Illuminating Face Radiance to add that natural, dewy look back. And I can do it all in 3 minutes.
ever heard of a "figure of speech" or being "sarcastic"?
I didn't really mean it.

sorry for the confusion!​

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
A little bit of foundation, a dab of powder, eyeliner, and lip gloss is all that I wear. I wear very little makeup on a regular basis because I figured that less is more.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... i was 13 and it was my first time w/ makeup so I went crazy. Hey, back then I figured I was in high school so I'm cool and if all the other girls could wear it so could I. Now that I look back I can only shake my head and wonder, "What was I thinking?"

·
Registered
360 Posts
lol. i wear a full face of makeup also unless im going swimming or to the gym! ALWAYS foundation (which no one can ever tell i have anything BUT perfect skin!), blush, eyebrow powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and chapstick.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Depends on where I'm going. If I'm just hanging out with the kids at home...then either no makeup or just a powder. If to the grocery store, then coverup and some powder....anywhere else important I do the foundation, coverup where needed, powder, eyes, cheeks and lipgloss.

Guess it depends on my mood, cuz sometimes I'll do the full face while hanging out home too...it's 50/50 at home.

·
Registered
220 Posts
All depends on what's going on. Oh there were times I did the whole enchilada (that was 20 some years ago). Now for work - maybe some mineral foundation, blush, mascara and eyeshadow - or maybe just blush and that's it If I'm going to something, then I do a little more.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Foundation, eyshadow (highlight, midtone, accent) mascara, eyeliner, cheek color, powder. Lipstick or gloss if I feel like it. I concentrate on my eyes because that's typically the first thing people notice about you.

·
Registered
360 Posts
when im at home i dont use ANYTHING. or if i know i wont be seeing anyone outside the family. i look so BLAH and plain without makeup, its pretty much amazing/depressing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like to wear the minimum ( like powder, blush and sometimes mascara) during everyday activities. then at night i like to play up my eyes and wear more makeup for going out. That way i feel more dressed up since im not used to wearing a lot of makeup everyday

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow I feel like ms. a la natural. Not b/c I want to either. I don't go anywhere but to take the kids to school and back. So for me wearing make up is usually for a night out (yeah right) or when my favorite cuzn and I have lunch (which is once in a blue moon). Wow I sound sad-w/all the MU I have and buy you'd think I'd wear it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow I feel like ms. a la natural. Not b/c I want to either. I don't go anywhere but to take the kids to school and back. So for me wearing make up is usually for a night out (yeah right) or when my favorite cuzn and I have lunch (which is once in a blue moon). Wow I sound sad-w/all the MU I have and buy you'd think I'd wear it.
I'm the same way! Got tons of MU, but don't really wear it at home...sometimes I do, but.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make up is to make you look better, not make you look like a clown. Something to highlight your features, not block them. Too much make up is just scary and creepy

·
Registered
6 Posts
It does depend. But if you are going to be in a polluted area - wear foundation. Skin is absorbant and it's better to catch the crap in the air on your makeup than having it soak into your skin and pores.

I always wear mascara no matter where I go, and even around the house - never know if someone will stop by. Hey - a bit of vanity is healthy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I usually try and stay away from makeup because it decieves people into thinking one thing when its really another... but when I DO wear makeup its all usually everything together. Mascara, foundation,blush..eyeliner,lip..stuff.
I have really bad acne so when I use foundation I use it to cover the scars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I'm going to leave the house...I'm wearing a full face of makeup. Now, that's not to say I look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. I switched to mineral products a couple of years ago and love the light feel they have on my skin.

And...it only takes about 10 minutes tops to do everything...including eyes and lips.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts