Even though my ends are pretty normal, my scalp gets oily! And if I don't
wash it often, I tend to break out on both my scalp and face. Plus, I hate
stinky hair!

I never forget to mositerize, nourish, deep condition, reconstruct, and
protect!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Twice a week for me. I dont like to wash it too often - I hate seeing hairs in the tub. My hair is already thin enough as it is!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Twice a week for me. I dont like to wash it too often - I hate seeing hairs in the tub. My hair is already thin enough as it is!
Had to chuckle...sorry....too cute. My darn hair is so darn thick....loosing those few hairs, doesn't bother me....but I should bite my tongue or.....but I look at my mom and grandma....and both still have THICK heads of hair (and grandma is almost 90!

I laughed at the once a month choice....but I bet there are some out there that do that.

Mine is more like 3 times a week....sometimes I don't get to it every other day.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, my cousins wash theirs like once a month or evry time they get a relaxer. Gross!

I wouldn't say my hair is thin, it's more like Thin/Normal and Medium/Coarse.
But hairs fall out all the time to allow new hairs to grow in their place so I
don't worry too much.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Even though my ends are pretty normal, my scalp gets oily! And if I don't
wash it often, I tend to break out on both my scalp and face. Plus, I hate
stinky hair!

I never forget to mositerize, nourish, deep condition, reconstruct, and
protect!
same!!! my hair looks and smells best when its clean!! but i want to try the bumble and bumble hair powders for when its oily and i just dont have the time to wash it!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
My hair is so thick and takes forever to dry. I hate to blow dry it too often, especially since my hair dryer has a ridge and I can't slip the diffuser on the end of it. I really have to go get another hair dryer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I do everyday - except weekends unless there's something going on. I can't go for more than 2 - 3 days though or my scalp will get itchy. I have thick hair too. My hair is extremely short but when it was longer and I was getting perms - the stylists would comment as to how many rods they'd have to use because of the thickness. Then after having my daughter my hair thinned out REALLY thin. Fortunately that was only temporary and my hair is back to normal. I wish I had the patience to let it grow long now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like to wash my hair every other day because its always easier to do hair when its a day old. Its always easy to just fix up a day old hairdo with a little hairspray and a straight iron. But any longer then 2 days and its wayy to oily

·
Registered
360 Posts
i like to wash my hair every other day because its always easier to do hair when its a day old. Its always easy to just fix up a day old hairdo with a little hairspray and a straight iron. But any longer then 2 days and its wayy to oily
try wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to oily

·
Registered
39 Posts
same!!! my hair looks and smells best when its clean!! but i want to try the bumble and bumble hair powders for when its oily and i just dont have the time to wash it!!!
I haven't heard anything good about the Bumble to Bumble hair powders. before you buy go to a product review website. the few I've found actually advise you against purchasing the Bumble to Bumble

~good luck!

I wash my hair every other day. I'd looove to go more but I just can't. I have stupid (stupid, stupid) bangs that are grwoing out. I have a feeling once they are grown out I will be able to go longer between washings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I wash my hair everyday I just feel better and more groomed and when I get up in the morning it is all over the place so I really have no choice but to do it everyday, I also use hairspray so I just feel better doing each day.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here we go, I'm an African-American, and I work out a lot. I have been blessed with a head full of fine hair, that doesn't like to be f'd with. The more I wash and ...process my hair (wash/dry/style). The more breakage I get.

I'm now down to every 10 days when I don't work out regularly. I also air-dry more often now. My hair reacts better on the 10-day routine.

My most common style is a ponytail. (no thanks to Uncle Sam)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I wash my hair everyday I just feel better and more groomed and when I get up in the morning it is all over the place so I really have no choice but to do it everyday, I also use hairspray so I just feel better doing each day.
You have to try not to shampoo your hair everyday...Apply only conditioner and do it alternately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every other day here. I couldn't imagine going for more than 3 days w/o washing it. Washing it every day, unless someone plays or works in the dirt, seems a little extreme too.

Besides just to keep it clean, the other reason I don't wait long to wash it is because I suffer from itchy scalp (seborrheic dermatitis). I used to use just coal-tar-based shampoo, and it controlled it, but I didn't care for the smell, had to be really careful about keeping it out of my eyes, and the strength I needed was a little pricey.

I discovered that lye-based soap controls it just as well, and I can tolerate the smell better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have long hair and I used to wash it every single day even though my stylist kept begging me not to. I work out daily and I just felt grungy when I didn't. Then I made two changes in my routine. One is I started using an sls-free shampoo and conditioner that is loaded with seakelp bioferment, which is just AWESOME stuff. Two - after conditioning my hair, I started to rinse it with a 50-50 solution of water and ACV. Although my hair never looked so good, the smell of the ACV would stay in my nose and make me crazy (my bf insisted that I was the only one who could smell it...). Anyway, my innovation was to sub raspberry vinegar for the ACV. Same result, much better smell!

You can buy seakelp bioferment at a few different sites online and mix it with your shampoo. But, I found that some shampoos don't do well with it. I did find a spa that makes their own shampoo and stuff with seakelp bioferment. They sell online too. bellapelleskincare.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have SUCH thick hair I only need to wash it twice a week - however when i do wash it it takes a good hour or so for me to shampoo, conditioner and leave a treatment in, before blow drying and then either curling or straightening (sigh)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts