Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have terrible stretch marks and was using Amlactin to help get rid of them, they did begin to fade but i noticed I started getting white dots on my legs and my knuckles became darker... with time i became to redarken so I switched to Purec Egyptian Whitening Lotion, it has egg yoke and L Glutathione as it's main lighteners. I have a nice even tone now but I've noticed my stretch marks are getting wider, I divided the 300ml bottle into two and added one 50ml bottle of egyptian Whitening serum to the 150ml lotion and that's what I use. I no longer exfoliate as i want my skin to grow, i apply my lotion twice and layer up with coconut oil in the PM. My biggest concern are my stretch marks, they seem to be getting worse.

I just got the picture of the serum off the internet because i threw it away but it's main lightener is Kojic Acid

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
The reigning cream in Nigeria... Just use it the way you would with Makari.Some say that it give them stretchies others swear by it,it's left for you to decide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I stuck to Purec Egyptian Lotion, I started using it in December. I've gone through two bottles already, they are quite small only 300ml and I've been applying it every day and every night. I use a simple antiseptic soap (Dettol soap) for bathing. I was using amlactin lotion and kojie san soap before the egyptian lotion just to make sure my skin was well exfoliated. This is how my stretch marks look now, i took the before picture end November, i was still on amlactin. Now the only struggle I have are my feet and knuckles which just won't lighten 😢😢😰 I used to soak them in an exfoliating soap everyday whilst I use normal soap for my body hoping they would get better but still nothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow sis your stretch marks look incredible. I’m so happy for you. What would you say was the main thing that helped heal them. Was it the lactic acid lotion? I’m trying to remove some stubborn stretch marks on my tummy. For the feet and hands try exfoliating with a peel and use a serum that doesn’t have HQ. The feet and hands are always the hardest part to lighten.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't really say it was the lactic acid because I used up the entire bottle of amlactin with no results, it sort of gave me a red undertone which at the time I did not notice until after I switched to the egyptian lotion which has given me a more yellow look. The main lighteners are glutathione and kojic acid. I was always applying coconut oil on my stretch marks both day and night so I think that help, it could be the amlactin lotion helped exfoliate my skin allowing the Egyptian lotion to penetrate more🤔🤔🤔. I know exfoliating my body only once a week now has helped a lot anyway this is just my observation, our skins are all different and I'm still learning how to heal mine 😅😅😅

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh and i definitely do not use HQ products anymore, i am afraid to try a peel because the skin of my feet is starting hurt. It could be i might have overexfoliated my skin, i was soaking them in an exfoliating soap overnight 😰😰 it worked well until all the skin peeled off but the new skin is only a shade lighter which is still 3 times darker than my body

Wow sis your stretch marks look incredible. I’m so happy for you. What would you say was the main thing that helped heal them. Was it the lactic acid lotion? I’m trying to remove some stubborn stretch marks on my tummy. For the feet and hands try exfoliating with a peel and use a serum that doesn’t have HQ. The feet and hands are always the hardest part to lighten.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
@AshleyBankz
I hope you didnt get a bad batch did you contact the seller?
I was curious about that lotion and now Im worried 😦
The dark web has some frauds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts