Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few quick tips on how to apply foundation to dry skin.

1. Using a triangle cut sponge apply a little bit of moisturiser on the sponge and spread evenly.

2. Apply your foundation to the sponge. The lotion gives the face a little bit more moisture while you are applying the foundation and stops it looking dry.

3. If you suffer from a lot of dry skin, then after you have applied the foundation use the clean side of the sponge put a little bit more lotion onto the sponge, again spread it evenly and dab the sponge onto the dry area of the skin. By dabbing it no foundation will come off and more moisture will be added.

Hope it all helps!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think that the most important thing with any foundation, is to start off with a good base: exfoliate first, then cleanse with a wipe or cool water rinse, then moisturise and leave to settle.

Only after that should you apply a primer and said foundation- thats what I've found anyway- I get dry "patches" of skin on my t-zone which result in uneven foundation unless I do the prep work first!

Also- I have found that after applying, leave to settle for 5 minutes plus and then gently wipe over with a clean dry tissue, all the excess which is so easy to collect on dry skin soon blends in and your left with fresh and even coverage without looking over-done

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Don't forget sunscreen! The puny spf in most foundations and primers won't protect you!!
Also if you blot the sunscreen, it makes it less protective. Apparently the stickiness contains the screening chemicals. Or use a physical sunscreen.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts