Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

I was just wondering how do you apply your liquid foundations? Do you apply with your fingertips, use sponges or brushes? If you use brushes, please recommend which type of brushes will give a perfect smooth finish. Does different techniques need to be used when applying different brands of liquid foundations?

Although I am not a regular user of liquid makeups coz of my oily skin, I would appreciate your help of how to apply liquid foundation as everytime I apply it, it will look cakey and over-made on me.
I have heard so many times that for more coverage liquid foundation is the best. Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Personally I always use the MAC 187 stipple brush. I have used the sponges and a regular foundation brush but I much prefer my 187. . It's expensive just for a brush, but it is deffinatley worth it. There is a thread about this brush somewhere on here that fawnie posted a while ago if you could find that out it has a lot of information about it on there.

It doesn't leave it cakey because it's not just wiped on like it is with a normal foundation brush it's blended in properly and it always leaves my skin looking as near to perfect as it can be. And I've saved money in the end because I use much less foundation than I was before.

I found this out too that might help..YouTube - Tips on Using a Stippling Brush with Liquid Foundation
You should check that guys other videos too, he is AWESOME.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Hi girls,

I was just wondering how do you apply your liquid foundations? Do you apply with your fingertips, use sponges or brushes? If you use brushes, please recommend which type of brushes will give a perfect smooth finish. Does different techniques need to be used when applying different brands of liquid foundations?

Although I am not a regular user of liquid makeups coz of my oily skin, I would appreciate your help of how to apply liquid foundation as everytime I apply it, it will look cakey and over-made on me.
I have heard so many times that for more coverage liquid foundation is the best. Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.
This depends on how much time I have. If I am in a hurry I apply with my fingers, if I have time I will use my MAC 187 stipple brush. It is a MUST have brush Pumi.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your helpful replies, everyone. I will definitely add the mac 187 to my next shopping list!

·
Registered
550 Posts
If you apply your Foundation and Primer with a brush the cover is thin and perfect and you use alot less product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If the foundation looks cakey then probably you are using too much and not blending well. For starters squeeze a dollop of the foundation on the back of your hand and put few medium sized dots on your face. 2-3 on each cheek , couple on a forehead, one on your chin. Then take a sponge, wet it so it doesn't absorb the foundation, squeeze out excess water and blend the foundation well into the skin until it becomes invisible. If you need more coverage add a little bit more. The idea is to build up the coverage gradually to avoid looking like its a mask. After you are done, just go over the face with your foundation brush to create that airbrushed smooth look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts