Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies. Well I had a thread called 'How to go from darkskin to lightskin in a few months' but someone felt the need to either complain or maybe just being butter cuz her results sucked and now my thread has been deleted hence this new thread :) Well girls, let me make one thing clear; IM NOT PROMOTING STEROIDS BY ANY CHANCE. Sorry had to get that out since I was accused of doing that in my last thread. Anyways ladies ill post my current regimen which has been very successful for me over the years and this is the same regime that most west Africans are using but refuse to disclose to others I really don't know why ppl are so secretive with their ish. This regime should definitely not e your long term regimen I stead I would say if you're really anxious to get results fast the do this for about 4 weeks rigorously and them go back to your regular regime to maintain and lots and lots of sunblock. Ok here goes! Products needed: DERMOVATE CREAM (white tube with a little green on the edge) you can buy this on amazon not cheap but not too pricey CLEAR ESSENCE BODY MILK: you can get this at most beauty supplies about $7 in the US. A GOOD EXFOLIATING SOAP: I'm not picky as to what soap I use but since I'm now trying to get off this regimen and start a new healthier I've ordered the kojie San soap (heard wonderful things about it on here). Also along with this soap you will need a nice tough cloth or something to help exfoliate the dead skin off in the shower. That's all you need ladies and of course sun block. If you're not interested in using dermovate I can totally understand since its a roid cream. The only good thing about it is it gives fast results and it lightens EVERYTHING. I mean knuckles knees elbows super hard to lighten areas. So I suggest if you want to try this regimen use it for short periods of time and when your goal is achieved go back to your old regime to maintain your color. The process: At night I scrub my face and neck back of the neck forearms and feet with the soap. I then apply a later of dermovate. You can massage the dermovate on the problem area for better penetration. Then immediately follow up with a generous amount of clear essence and let that sit on your skin until absorbed. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the opening apply SPF and go about your day. For the body: since dermovate comes in a small tube it's gonna at kinda pricey of you're trying to do your whole body but I would dilute it using the clear essence body milk. So take a whole bottle of the body milk. Pour it into a container. And put an entire tube of dermovate. Mix very well and this wi allow body application lotion like consistency. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the morning. The best things to remember is exfoliate your skin for faster results. Ok there's my regime as I've been receiving a ton of PMs I wanted to share with everyone. Now, as for me l, I've been on this regimen for a long time now and am trying to wean myself off it. I love the results but because of the long time(6 yrs) I've used roids I've started to get mild side effects like thinning of skin and a few stretch marks. I want to slowly get myself off this and get into a hq regimen only with other acid peels and what not. Any suggestions are welcome. Please don't go criticizing people that want to try things out. If this isn't your cup of tea I completely understand but let's be mindful of everyone and keep the comments positive and informative. Constructive criticism is always welcome but no disrespecting each other please. We are all here for the same reason to achieve healthy light skin so lets all be adults about it please. If anyone has any other 'secrets' to lightening please share. Ok girls hope this helped someone people just a little. Now you already light people can be able to lighten your knuckles and knees with this regimen and get the results you want. :)

· Registered
146 Posts
Look for busola....she did wean out from roids....but u will darken that the sad part. She will be a great support coz she went through da process n she is great as well.

· Registered
353 Posts
Look for busola....she did wean out from roids....but u will darken that the sad part. She will be a great support coz she went through da process n she is great as well.
When I came off from using movate I didnt darken, I just stopped the usage bit by bit.. For instance from everyday to 2 times a week and then after not using at all. after I moved on to hq & ra and i never darkened.. I guess everyone is different.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look for busola....she did wean out from roids....but u will darken that the sad part. She will be a great support coz she went through da process  n she is great as well.
Thanks hun you're right Bosula is wonderful. I've already been in cobract with her and currently working on a new regime. As soon as I get everything ill let you all know what that is :)

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I came off from using movate I didnt darken, I just stopped the usage bit by bit.. For instance from everyday to 2 times a week and then after not using at all. after I moved on to hq & ra and i never darkened.. I guess everyone is different.
Thanks for the encouragement and tips babe I'm gonna get on retin a ASAP!!

· Registered
1,323 Posts
thanks for sharing, that's intelligent and who want to come off from roids can do the same.

· Registered
3,844 Posts
I don't understand the other thread (the one that got deleted) and ths one is talking about the same thing
I doubt you will keep that high-yellow complexion without the roids but i encourage you to go on a safer regi.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't understand the other thread  (the one that got deleted) and ths one is talking about the same thing:confused:  I doubt you will keep that high-yellow complexion without the roids but i encourage you to go on a safer regi.
I created this thread because the other one got deleted for no reason probably someone bitter complained idk why anyways and I started getting several PMs about the regimen so I decided to repost so ppl can see how I got my results. Again, I AM TRYING TO GET OFF ROIDS pls and thanks you!

· Registered
917 Posts
lovely thread lola,thanks for sharing. all d best on ur new regimen......i love love love ur hands

I created this thread because the other one got deleted for no reason probably someone bitter complained idk why anyways and I started getting several PMs about the regimen so I decided to repost so ppl can see how I got my results. Again, I AM TRYING TO GET OFF ROIDS pls and thanks you!

· Registered
711 Posts
To each her own! But personally I cant with this thread, in between OP beating a dead horse, and bringing the same thread under a different title and some folk here looking at teeny weeny pink bikini and now wanting to rush to join a steroid bandwagon!
Y´ll know what, here is my advice to you all, Forget steroids, try Mercury mixed with Mequinol you will get lighter OVERNIGHT. After all, its about speed not safety right

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To each her own! But personally I cant with this thread, in between OP beating a dead horse, and bringing the same thread  under a different title and some folk here looking at teeny weeny pink bikini and now wanting to rush to join a steroid bandwagon! Y´ll know what, here is my advice to you all, Forget steroids, try Mercury mixed with Mequinol you will get lighter OVERNIGHT. After all, its about speed not safety right
You obviously didn't take the time to read the entire post so please take a seat with all that. No one is interested in mercury maybe that's what you used anyways this is the type of ish that irritates me what's so constructive about your post? You were obviously interested in something because you clicked on the post and decided to take time out of you day to comment smh. You can keep your two cents to yourself no is interested in your negativity.

· Registered
4,038 Posts
So if ur trying to get off steroids why are u persistently promoting it as part of a regime??
I'm not bashing u or anything but I just don't see the logic.

· Registered
117 Posts
To each her own! But personally I cant with this thread, in between OP beating a dead horse, and bringing the same thread  under a different title and some folk here looking at teeny weeny pink bikini and now wanting to rush to join a steroid bandwagon! Y´ll know what, here is my advice to you all, Forget steroids, try Mercury mixed with Mequinol you will get lighter OVERNIGHT. After all, its about speed not safety right
So I can go from Kelly rowland to beyonce/Eva pigford in one night?

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So if ur trying to get off steroids why are u persistently promoting it as part of a regime??:hmm:  I'm not bashing u or anything but I just don't see the logic. 
Well for one I think it would be important for someone to know what I'm currently using so they are able to Maybe provide alternatives to what I'm currently using or maybe others can use it the proper way (short term) instead of how I've been using it which has been over the course of years! How can anyone recommend other products or regimes without having a clue what I'm currently using. It would be different protocol for someone who for example is only using hq and wants to go completely natural unlike me coming off very potent roids and just trying to get off slowly Hope that answers your questions. Now unless you have ideas on how to help me get there or help others here get light then please go find a thread that suits your needs I'm sure there are thousands to choose from. I don't understand why it bothers you all so much that I'm posting my regimen. I've seen ppl in these threads that have been using high hq % and other products and have gotten extremely light but can't seem to find anything to lighten their hands knuckles knees and elbows. They can possibly benefit from this regimen if done correctly and in short spans of time and then use their current regime to maintain. Is there ANY medication that has NO side effects? Exactly so pls quit with the negativity we all appreciate any positive input you're willing to contribute if this isn't for you and you have no input to HELP then please don't comment.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyways! I apologize to the people that's here for positivity and wanting to learn and help each other. I'm not trying to take anything personal from a forum member who I don't know and will probably never know. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm just here to get light and get advice. Thanks to everyone who is doing the same and giving us all great advice instead of criticizing. :)

· Registered
4,994 Posts
I except just keep ya head up and continue your journey. I kno upt she is very knowledgeable. U can learn from her I have yall just got off on the wrong foot we are all sisters her we have to stick together. Just lets move on. Now to get off roids u have to do it slow.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I except just keep ya head up and continue your journey. I kno upt she is very knowledgeable. U can learn from her I have yall just got off on the wrong foot we are all sisters her we have to stick together. Just lets move on. Now to get off roids u have to do it slow.
Yes that my plan thanks I was going to just slowly wean off the roids and start just an hq regimen with vitamins and ra :)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts