Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
My HQ skin light mix got me three shades lighterr in almost 2 and half to three months, my legs and foot r like 4 shades lighter even after a bad burn and PIH.
Nice! That's really good. I wasn't expecting that light at all with hq n skin light. What percent hq do you use? Do you use retin a too to mix with your skin light?

· Registered
422 Posts
Nice! That's really good. I wasn't expecting that light at all with hq n skin light. What percent hq do you use? Do you use retin a too to mix with your skin light?
Just regular skinlight and caro white, no retin A, just Lactic Acid lotion with Jergins and eucrin mix...
I actually started exfoliating in may with the kojic exfoliating soap, and started LA lotion mix in july until late september I then added the lightener of HQ mix once a day, bath daily with dudu osun soap.

but keep in mind I naturally have soft smooth but yet thin skin, so no retin A for me right now. and every scratch, bruise, or bump leave a blemish, so I decided to go just 3 shade lighter the max, so I can really be even and glowy, and brighter, without haveing to look pale or bleached out.

I stoped hq on my face and neck because it was getting way too lighter, recently I started just arbutin and natural acids lighteners to try and maintain on the upper body and hands only.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just regular skinlight and caro white, no retin A, just Lactic Acid lotion with Jergins and eucrin mix...  I actually started exfoliating in may with the kojic exfoliating soap, and started LA lotion mix in july until late september I then added the lightener of HQ mix once a day,  bath daily with dudu osun soap. but keep in mind I naturally have soft smooth but yet thin skin, so no retin A for me right now. and every scratch, bruise, or bump leave a blemish, so I decided to go just 3 shade lighter the max, so I can really be even and glowy, and brighter, without haveing to look pale or bleached out. I stoped hq on my face and neck because it was getting way too lighter, recently I started just arbutin and natural acids lighteners to try and maintain on the upper body and hands only.

· Registered
711 Posts
Also what would be a reasonable number of shades to expect that hq can get you if using for 3/4 months? Like 2-3 shades or 4-5 what's too far fetched for hq and natural regimens? I'm referring to your natural skin color then lightening from there on etc
This question is too broad in that you have not said what percentage of HQ? If you are talking about say 6% HQ you need to search for all the Skin Light threads. If you are talking about 10% HQ which I do not recommend, you need to search for that too etc!

· Registered
711 Posts
My HQ skin light mix got me three shades lighterr in almost 2 and half to three months, my legs and foot r like 4 shades lighter even after a bad burn and PIH.
Did you use SkinLight on feet too? I thought that was a no no but everybody is different I know What did you use for knuckles?

I ditched Skin Light but with all these testimonials I'm tempted to at least give it a month [email protected]!

· Registered
53 Posts
Omg. I was entertained by this thread. Lol..Goodluck on your new lightening path Lola blue! I'm shocked that people can actually personally attack somebody just to prove their point.. I mean, c'mon. We're all seeking to lighten our skin here. And Lola blue already mentioned that she's actually trying to wean from roids. Negative comments especially on the physical aspect is very childish. If safety should really come first , then don't use HQ higher than 2%. Don't peel too often, have your products tested by a chemist before using them, especially the ones you get from the net, don't use a product unless it's prescribed by the dr. A lot of donts right? I'm not trying to defend Lola. I'm just saying attacking won't help anyone here. She made a mistake, she acknowledged it. Let's just help her..

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Omg. I was entertained by this thread. Lol..Goodluck on your new lightening path Lola blue! I'm shocked that people can actually personally attack somebody just to prove their point.. I mean, c'mon. We're all seeking to lighten our skin here. And Lola blue already mentioned that she's actually trying to wean from roids. Negative comments especially on the physical aspect is very childish. If safety should really come first , then don't use HQ higher than 2%. Don't peel too often, have your products tested by a chemist before using them, especially the ones you get from the net, don't use a product unless it's prescribed by the dr. A lot of donts right? I'm not trying to defend Lola. I'm just saying attacking won't help anyone here. She made a mistake, she acknowledged it. Let's just help her..
Hey girl thanks so much. Finally a voice of reason. Some of these women obviously have other things going on in their lives that make them get irate over a post by someone they don't know and will never meet smh. Anyhow you're absolutely right, I made a mistake because I starting using roids when I was very young and didn't really do very much research at the time. I was just happy to get something that would make me light. Now that I'm a lil older and wiser I want to wean off and go the healthier route but even then these women are relentless. Good point about the donts. We all make mistakes and its much better to help the person rather than sit on this thread 24 hours a day sounding all butter and talking down on others. Obviously these ladies haven't reached their goals and I'm sure have uneven skin they need to be working on or else they wouldn't be on sct all day looking for fights. Thanks for the kind words and good luck on your journey to lightening as well :)

· Registered
53 Posts
Hey girl thanks so much. Finally a voice of reason. Some of these women obviously have other things going on in their lives that make them get irate over a post by someone they don't know and will never meet smh. Anyhow you're absolutely right, I made a mistake because I starting using roids when I was very young and didn't really do very much research at the time. I was just happy to get something that would make me light. Now that I'm a lil older and wiser I want to wean off and go the healthier route but even then these women are relentless. Good point about the donts. We all make mistakes and its much better to help the person rather than sit on this thread 24 hours a day sounding all butter and talking down on others. Obviously these ladies haven't reached their goals and I'm sure have uneven skin they need to be working on or else they wouldn't be on sct all day looking for fights. Thanks for the kind words and good luck on your journey to lightening as well :)
Yeah.. I guess you're lucky roids didn't do much damage on your skin and that you found out earlier that it's dangerous. Well anyways, for you new regimen, I think you're on the right path. Thanks! :)

· Registered
8 Posts
lola thank you so much!!! Your information answered the one thing that I have been searching hours to find. If you even still bother with this forum, may I ask from what shade to what shade did you go from and how long did it take. How has maintanance been going for you?

· Registered
282 Posts
I hope that someone would kindly answer my question regarding steroid use

Have all the members that speak so highly of hydroquinone and natural lighteners used steroid in the past?
I feel like from what I've read, the ones who have lightened successfully with hydro had previously lightened to a lighter complexion with steroids in the past which probably made it easier for them to maintain or get lighter with hydro and or natural lighteners? Im seriously asking because I want to make the right regimen that correlates to a REALISTIC goal, not waste my time and money on a regimen that won't ever work. Please understand I am really seeking advice since this is a forum for lightening and receiving advice and I haven't gotten any as of yet
thank you.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi Hina and fulan. I've tried this regimen for a week and nada. I wonder if lola was really using something more potent she didn't elaborate on which soaps sheactually used. I uses nadinola with a 50/50 mix with dermovate 0.05%. I am seriously starting to wonder if this site is just filled with "members" who push products because the few times I've posted something critical no one responds. (Edited by mod)

· Registered
783 Posts
Hi Hina and fulan. I've tried this regimen for a week and nada. I wonder if lola was really using something more potent she didn't elaborate on which soaps sheactually used. I uses nadinola with a 50/50 mix with dermovate 0.05%. I am seriously starting to wonder if this site is just filled with "members" who push products because the few times I've posted something critical no one responds.the thread just starts to disapear. If you guys find out any trustworthy, active forums please email me at [email protected] I'd say pm me but I can't since I'm a new member. Peace out.
A week? seriously? and you are already placing blame? you might need to start your lightening journey afresh and set realistic goals when you finally find a 'trustworthy, active forum"

· Registered
282 Posts
Hi Hina and fulan. I've tried this regimen for a week and nada. I wonder if lola was really using something more potent she didn't elaborate on which soaps sheactually used. I uses nadinola with a 50/50 mix with dermovate 0.05%. I am seriously starting to wonder if this site is just filled with "members" who push products because the few times I've posted something critical no one responds.the thread just starts to disapear.Peace out.
Hi bottom line I'm sorry to hear that you aren't seeing any progress. I understand your frustration and I too have made an additional thread asking for advice or help and yes I have recieved select new and experienced members who are willing to give advice. I say just continue to do your research and try things that will work for you then remain consistent sometimes we just have to try for ourselves and can't be mad, that will only delay our own progress. It is our body at the end of the day so we need to do the work if we can't find Any assistance. Anyways I'm going to try a few more regimens (I stick to them for about a month or so and if I see very minimal or no result I go on to something new) what I'm using now is giving me result although very little if you want to know I am already brown skin and in the morning I use glytone at night I mix my steroid H20 jours cream the aloe vera one, skin light, and maxi light oil (the oil really just so it can spread easily) and it has lighten me about half a shade on my body over a month. I will keep you posted on my new regimen. I'm starting tomorrow because this regimen result are too slow

61 - 80 of 91 Posts