Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
It also doesn't help that everyone doesn't have the same skin type so what may work for the others on this forum may not work for you. I have really understood that when I tried kojic acid because of all the rave and positive feedback I ordered it for a whole month and darkened really badly. As soon as I stopped I started using goat milk soap and starting to lighten back to my original shade and had a beautiful glow and it moisturizes me so well unlike kojic which dries me out.

· Registered
8 Posts
Thanx Fulan. I am not a lightening newbie but new to steroids which shouldnt be used longer than 2 MAYBE 4 weeks max. Lola mentioned that major results would be seen in 4. I have noticed nothing, no lightening, no smoother skin, no brightening nada. My main annoyance comes from the fact that products seem hyped up. The name of this thread doesnt seem like it lives up to expectations. And I'm hesitant to join the bandwagons with thread names like "OMG SHE TURNED FROM VERY DARK TO MARIAH CAREY" OR "SKINLIGHT IS THE TRUTH." I'm realistic but not interested in wasting my money.

· Registered
282 Posts
I understand hun. I'm in the same boat. I've seen minimal change in complexion if any with my steroid I was using. I recieved my new steroid cream today the l'abidjanaise steroid cream. I hope this works ill be using it w a tiny bit of maxi light oil on my body for a month once or twice a day ill see how my skin reacts to it twice a day first sometimes I need break to let my skin repair. Ill keep you updated

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
Ok so after some serious clean up this thread it is now back open. PLEASE, if you don't have anything to contribute to this thread in a positive way, then please don't reply. This thread has been on going for over a year. Let's let those who want to learn and share their experiences do so. Thank you!! :sunshine:

· Registered
134 Posts
Lolablue, I for one appreciate your post. There's no shame in what you posted. Im sure it will help many. We are adults. Sometimes members seem to forget that and respond in a child like manner, or shall I say parent-like manner. Nobody needs that. That is NOT constructive criticizism. It appears that they could benefit from courses in good manners. Kordaine was one of the very few to use a modicum of tact. She offered encouragement! Again, a course in good manners would do them well, or as you so elequolently put it, they can just move the hell on, if they don't like what you had to say. I've noted that its always the same members/ wolves who pounce on any & every one who has a different point of view. They are rude and tactless. They don't teach, they beat. It's their mission. It's like an insatiable urge to harm with rudeness. And it's always the same few people.

· Registered
129 Posts
@lolablue I'm definitely going to try this out! I was so seeing for the body is it 15 grams or 100 grams that I dilute with the clear essence body milk? And would it be okay if I used Glytone or amlactin lotion for during the day?

· Registered
4,416 Posts
Very interesting thread ... I personally believe there's better roids than Dermovate - after all, if you decide to dance with the devil, you might as well choose a danceable ballad ... Just my take & 2-pence .... @SCT 4 Life

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello ladies. Well I had a thread called 'How to go from darkskin to lightskin in a few months' but someone felt the need to either complain or maybe just being butter cuz her results sucked and now my thread has been deleted hence this new thread :) Well girls, let me make one thing clear; IM NOT PROMOTING STEROIDS BY ANY CHANCE. Sorry had to get that out since I was accused of doing that in my last thread. Anyways ladies ill post my current regimen which has been very successful for me over the years and this is the same regime that most west Africans are using but refuse to disclose to others I really don't know why ppl are so secretive with their ish. This regime should definitely not e your long term regimen I stead I would say if you're really anxious to get results fast the do this for about 4 weeks rigorously and them go back to your regular regime to maintain and lots and lots of sunblock. Ok here goes! Products needed: DERMOVATE CREAM (white tube with a little green on the edge) you can buy this on amazon not cheap but not too pricey CLEAR ESSENCE BODY MILK: you can get this at most beauty supplies about $7 in the US. A GOOD EXFOLIATING SOAP: I'm not picky as to what soap I use but since I'm now trying to get off this regimen and start a new healthier I've ordered the kojie San soap (heard wonderful things about it on here). Also along with this soap you will need a nice tough cloth or something to help exfoliate the dead skin off in the shower. That's all you need ladies and of course sun block. If you're not interested in using dermovate I can totally understand since its a roid cream. The only good thing about it is it gives fast results and it lightens EVERYTHING. I mean knuckles knees elbows super hard to lighten areas. So I suggest if you want to try this regimen use it for short periods of time and when your goal is achieved go back to your old regime to maintain your color. The process: At night I scrub my face and neck back of the neck forearms and feet with the soap. I then apply a later of dermovate. You can massage the dermovate on the problem area for better penetration. Then immediately follow up with a generous amount of clear essence and let that sit on your skin until absorbed. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the opening apply SPF and go about your day. For the body: since dermovate comes in a small tube it's gonna at kinda pricey of you're trying to do your whole body but I would dilute it using the clear essence body milk. So take a whole bottle of the body milk. Pour it into a container. And put an entire tube of dermovate. Mix very well and this wi allow body application lotion like consistency. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the morning. The best things to remember is exfoliate your skin for faster results. Ok there's my regime as I've been receiving a ton of PMs I wanted to share with everyone. Now, as for me l, I've been on this regimen for a long time now and am trying to wean myself off it. I love the results but because of the long time(6 yrs) I've used roids I've started to get mild side effects like thinning of skin and a few stretch marks. I want to slowly get myself off this and get into a hq regimen only with other acid peels and what not. Any suggestions are welcome. Please don't go criticizing people that want to try things out. If this isn't your cup of tea I completely understand but let's be mindful of everyone and keep the comments positive and informative. Constructive criticism is always welcome but no disrespecting each other please. We are all here for the same reason to achieve healthy light skin so lets all be adults about it please. If anyone has any other 'secrets' to lightening please share. Ok girls hope this helped someone people just a little. Now you already light people can be able to lighten your knuckles and knees with this regimen and get the results you want. :)
How do u do the mix. Is it clear essence skin beautifying maxi tone lotion u r talking about. Can u mix with 2 tubes of dermovate

81 - 91 of 91 Posts