Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With tons of skin care or facial care products on the market today, you probably get confused, and don't even know if you would believe those "magic" effects on the advertising or not. This article tells you some important steps in choosing the right skin care product and why not to waste money in those "hype" or "too good to be true" products.

1. First, you need to understand that a young looking skin 80% is contributed by your internal body, 20% is contributed by outside skin care. Don't believe an outside use skin care product will dramatically improve your looking in weeks or months. It will NOT happen. The only outside force that can dramatically improve your looking is surgery or laser treatment (non-surgery). Not any cream or lotion.

2. On the 20% outside contribution a skin product gives to you, the contribution is mainly on maintenance that is to better maintain and protect your skin. Collagen and elastin, the important elements under the skin to keep your skin firm can NOT be absorbed by skin at molecular level. Collagen or elastin could be directly injected using Nano technology.

3. Auricularia auricula (black fungus), protein or bean protein, grape seed are all good nutrition to keep skin young. Having these nutrition as supplement are much more important than buying "magic" skin cream, because these contribute to 80% of a younger looking skin.

4. Choose a skin product that fits you, not necessarily of high price. Products that are on market for 5+ years with good reputation are worth to take a look. Olay product is one of the top qualityproducts and of moderate price, and here are simple three steps to use them:

a) Apply Olay cleanser at shower time
b) Apply Olay night cream before sleep
c) Apply Olay day rehabilitation in the morning

5. Check on the web on any new or "magic" skin care products you see.Very often you will get results of scam, overcharge or complaints on those products. Also, look at the advertising pictures of those products. If the before and after images are of exactly the same pose or hair, only the person's facial skin is getting "younger", this would be a fake product as when people take a photo after using the product, he or she would not possibly have the EXACT same pose or hair as before. Doing a research before you buy any of those products is a MUST.Do not waste your money no matter who recommend it. The more hype or too good to be true the product is, the more careful you have to be!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You need to do some research on retin-a (tretinoin)
Many of us here use it and have seen dramatic results in MONTHS.
You say this will not happen...Bull.....
Collagen and Elastin can be improved in your skin via retin-a, vitamin C serum
Do some research. I dont think much of Olay products. Better products can be found.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
With tons of skin care or facial care products on the market today, you probably get confused, and don't even know if you would believe those "magic" effects on the advertising or not. This article tells you some important steps in choosing the right skin care product and why not to waste money in those "hype" or "too good to be true" products.

1. First, you need to understand that a young looking skin 80% is contributed by your internal body, 20% is contributed by outside skin care. Don't believe an outside use skin care product will dramatically improve your looking in weeks or months. It will NOT happen. The only outside force that can dramatically improve your looking is surgery or laser treatment (non-surgery). Not any cream or lotion.

2. On the 20% outside contribution a skin product gives to you, the contribution is mainly on maintenance that is to better maintain and protect your skin. Collagen and elastin, the important elements under the skin to keep your skin firm can NOT be absorbed by skin at molecular level. Collagen or elastin could be directly injected using Nano technology.

3. Auricularia auricula (black fungus), protein or bean protein, grape seed are all good nutrition to keep skin young. Having these nutrition as supplement are much more important than buying "magic" skin cream, because these contribute to 80% of a younger looking skin.

4. Choose a skin product that fits you, not necessarily of high price. Products that are on market for 5+ years with good reputation are worth to take a look. Olay product is one of the top qualityproducts and of moderate price, and here are simple three steps to use them:

a) Apply Olay cleanser at shower time
b) Apply Olay night cream before sleep
c) Apply Olay day rehabilitation in the morning

5. Check on the web on any new or "magic" skin care products you see.Very often you will get results of scam, overcharge or complaints on those products. Also, look at the advertising pictures of those products. If the before and after images are of exactly the same pose or hair, only the person's facial skin is getting "younger", this would be a fake product as when people take a photo after using the product, he or she would not possibly have the EXACT same pose or hair as before. Doing a research before you buy any of those products is a MUST.Do not waste your money no matter who recommend it. The more hype or too good to be true the product is, the more careful you have to be!
Garbage!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Although I believe that it's important to eat properly and feed our bodies well...it's equally important to nourish our skin. Olay might work for some but not others. There is no right or wrong product. I like to experiment with new products based on research and reviews from people who have used them. Is there a miracle product out there that will give me 20 year old skin???? I haven't found it yet but rest assured, people that my search will continue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although I believe that it's important to eat properly and feed our bodies well...it's equally important to nourish our skin. Olay might work for some but not others. There is no right or wrong product. I like to experiment with new products based on research and reviews from people who have used them. Is there a miracle product out there that will give me 20 year old skin???? I haven't found it yet but rest assured, people that my search will continue
Thanks, Toni I agree with your view!

BTW would you like to be an editor on Healthbeauty.RequestFill.com?

I can be contacted at [email protected] if you are interested being an editor.

Thanks! Jenny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to do some research on retin-a (tretinoin)
Many of us here use it and have seen dramatic results in MONTHS.
You say this will not happen...Bull.....
Collagen and Elastin can be improved in your skin via retin-a, vitamin C serum
Do some research. I dont think much of Olay products. Better products can be found.
I do not think collagen and elastin can be adsorbed by skin directly by any lotion or cream.

None of us are doctors, but in order for a skin product to sell, they have to say it can be absorbed, it's marketing, don't you know that?

Hollywood spend millions in plastic surgery, if collagen and elastin can be directly absorbed by a $50 lotion, why celebrity spend $000s in laser or surgery?

You have to use your mind think deeply

Jenny

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I do not think collagen and elastin can be adsorbed by skin directly by any lotion or cream.

None of us are doctors, but in order for a skin product to sell, they have to say it can be absorbed, it's marketing, don't you know that?

Hollywood spend millions in plastic surgery, if collagen and elastin can be directly absorbed by a $50 lotion, why celebrity spend $000s in laser or surgery?

You have to use your mind think deeply

Jenny
Which is exactly what your not doing....using your mind.

I did not say anything about using collagen and elastin by themselves in a cream or lotion. I plainly wrote that vitamin C and retin-a help increase it.
Your first post was full of holes. Do some serious research. I suggest starting here.

Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
If you don't believe what I am saying, just spend or waste your money on those "amazing" skin products
Speak for yourself. I am perfectly happy with what I am using and it works great. Oh and did I tell you,........ I don't waste money, I actually save it, because I am a DIYer-

·
Registered
550 Posts
Which is exactly what your not doing....using your mind.

I did not say anything about using collagen and elastin by themselves in a cream or lotion. I plainly wrote that vitamin C and retin-a help increase it.
Your first post was full of holes. Do some serious research. I suggest starting here.

Topical Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
periwinkle what eye cream do you use?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
jennybarry

Welcome to the forum. I too must take issue with your post. Try using RA for a while & you'll never go near that comercial over-hyped nonsense. EVER. For a fraction of the price you CAN affect measurable change in your skin (NOT just it's appearance or look) by means of a topical product.

As for the 20% external, 80% internal thing, that isn't always true either. Take a look at the skin on many impoverished (NOT the famine or disease victims!) people in Ethiopia, Somalia & India. Many have smooth pore-less, zit-less & flawless skin. I had an aunt dying of cancer whose skin was astonishing. On the inside, she was a wreck. Many people are health/exercise nuts BUT they jog & cycle along the beach to get a tan. They wind up with possibly excellent fitness on the inide BUT they look like an old leather boot.

I agree though, as a principle, taking care of one's insides is a good idea.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
jennybarry

Welcome to the forum. I too must take issue with your post. Try using RA for a while & you'll never go near that comercial over-hyped nonsense. EVER. For a fraction of the price you CAN affect measurable change in your skin (NOT just it's appearance or look) by means of a topical product.

As for the 20% external, 80% internal thing, that isn't always true either. Take a look at the skin on many impoverished (NOT the famine or disease victims!) people in Ethiopia, Somalia & India. Many have smooth pore-less, zit-less & flawless skin. I had an aunt dying of cancer whose skin was astonishing. On the inside, she was a wreck. Many people are health/exercise nuts BUT they jog & cycle along the beach to get a tan. They wind up with possibly excellent fitness on the inide BUT they look like an old leather boot.

I agree though, as a principle, taking care of one's insides is a good idea.
Similar to those who participate in ultra-marathons or triathalons. They are in super shape aerobically, bodyfat, but often have compromised immune systems due to overtraining. Not to mention old leather boot skin.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Dread that footwear effect!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Similar to those who participate in ultra-marathons or triathalons. They are in super shape aerobically, bodyfat, but often have compromised immune systems due to overtraining. Not to mention old leather boot skin.
Now you are sterotypeing Mr. Periwinkle. Not ALL who participate in marathons or triathalons have old leather boot skin-

1 - 20 of 64 Posts