Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using bare minerals for the past 5 years, but I think I am liking it less and less. My acne is totally better now (been using tazorac for a while) and I am only left with scars and discoloration. However, when I wear the mineral makeup it makes my pores look huge and like I have little tiny holes in my cheeks but it doesn't look like that when I am not wearing make up. Anyways, I guess I should just head to sephora or something and have them match me up with some good foundation???

·
Registered
316 Posts
I used Bare Minerals waaaay back in the day when it first started becoming popular. It took me a while to realize that it was just NOT for my skin type. After seeing many, many photos of myself with the shiniest, greasiest looking oil-slick of a face, I gave Bare Minerals the boot. In my opinion, it does not play nice with oily, acneic skin types. It basically turned into mud on my face.

My best advice would be what you've already though of - head to Sephora and let those SA's goes crazy on your face...tell them what you are looking for in a foundation and take a lot of samples home (they will sample pretty much anything at Sephora). If it helps, my alltime fave foundation is from Sephora - it is Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation. Good coverage, amazing color selection and I'm not an oil slick 2 hours after application. I still blot with oil absorbers at lunchtime just to take off some of the shine.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
My new love is Graftobian Hi-Def Creme Foundation palette.
Products and tools for the professional makeup artist for print, tv, film, catalogues, bridal and more - with quality products Cinema Secrets, Collyre Bleu, Adesign Brushes, Face Atelier, Graftobian, Illuminare, Japonesque, Joe Blasco, Keromask, Kett

It's a solid creme that you mix with a moisturizer, primer or eye cream to get whatever look you want. I mix a bit the size of a grain of rice with my Xtend-life moisturizer for my face. It really doesn't take much at all since it is highly pigmented. If I want a concealer I just mix a little with my eye cream. It covers like crazy and is very lightweight in spite of being a cream.

For $20USD you can get a 5-shade palette that will give you lots of shading options. That way you can mix shades together to match your skin as it changes from summer to winter without buying separate shades in big bottles. Great for travel too since you don't need separate foundation and concealer.

The shades on the website are pretty true to color. I am about MAC NC20-25 and the Warm #1 palette is a perfect match. The finish is very natural, not greasy at all for a creme. It depends on what you mix it with what texture you will get. Doesn't settle into fine lines or rub off.

Highly recommend, and thx to danipage for the website idea! They shipped it out very quickly and they take PayPal.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oily skin is difficult to handle.Powder foundations are recommended.Then apply or touch up with translucent powder.Before applying makeup,as a base you must apply mattifying day cream.For that Vichy is best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts