Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest how can I gain weight quickly? By eating what foods? I need to put on some fat on my upper legs and hips. Please help!

·
Registered
357 Posts
My ex used to drink high calorie protein shakes. Each shake had like 1000 cals and he put on alot of weight (fat) quickly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Protein shakes combine w/ heavy exercise. You need heavy exercise to break up the cells and the extra protein helps repair and build new cell, which adds extra body mass.
--

·
Registered
15 Posts
Simply eat more calories than your body burns to maintain it's current weight. You want fat, eat a double cheesburger a day for a month. Chow down a pizza 3 times a week. Protein shakes and other health bars and foods are not going to elicit weight gain.

Putting on weight for the sake of doing it though through fat and high calorie intake creates other problems as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Now I am sad- do not think those words have every come to my lips- or in this case the tip of my fingers. For me I gain weight when bad foods are just in the house. I know someone has oreos when my pants don't fit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Eat oily and fatty foods everyday and sleep after eating.. trust me, you DO NOT want to gain WEIGHT. It'll worsen every day..

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have no idea why anyone would want to gain fat in those areas when you can thicken them out with muscle.

If it's really fat that you want then yes, go ahead and eat all the garbage you can find...as well as some sort of cellulite treatment for all the cellulite you're going to have.

If it's muscle that you want, then in that case you need to workout your legs (won't get into the details of that, go to a gym and ask a trainer) and eat a protein-bias diet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have no idea why anyone would want to gain fat in those areas when you can thicken them out with muscle.

If it's really fat that you want then yes, go ahead and eat all the garbage you can find...as well as some sort of cellulite treatment for all the cellulite you're going to have.

If it's muscle that you want, then in that case you need to workout your legs (won't get into the details of that, go to a gym and ask a trainer) and eat a protein-bias diet.
yes very good advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
whey protein shakes do not make you put on weight unless you drink them with full fat milk and have 10+ a day or something... i drink the strawberry one with water (not milk) once a day cause i need the protein to help with the pills i'm taking.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
whey protein shakes do not make you put on weight unless you drink them with full fat milk and have 10+ a day or something... i drink the strawberry one with water (not milk) once a day cause i need the protein to help with the pills i'm taking.
I wasn't saying that protein would help her gain weight, in fact she would probably lose weight on a completely protein diet, but what I was saying is that by eating more protein she would gain muscle in the legs making her look thicker which is what she wants to do but without the fat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are some whey protein shakes that are especially meant for weight gain. They have like 500+ calories per serving. But if you keep drinking them and don't work out hardcore, you'll just gain fat. Mostly body builders drink them since they burn through so many calories during their workouts.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Being too skinny is just as bad as being too fat. I don't think you're lucky if you have either one of those problems. It's just a preconceived notion that people have due to media and the like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
easy, buy a mass gainer protein shake. heaps on the market

add ice cream and peanut butter to it if ou really want the wieght also add egg whites

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with the protein shakes, yes you need alot of protein if you want to gain muscle mass and not fat, but you also need do weight trainer exercise in order to gain the muscle or else one of two things will happen, 1. if you eat alot of protein and not exercise you will gain weight in fat since protein consumed without exercise in the end will be no more than extra calories, or 2. if you have a high metabolism and consume excess protein and no exercise you will not gain weight,you will stay the same. This has happen to me and my boyfriend. I insist on taking my whey protein shakes everyday since I know i need it to maintain my muscle so I can get my metabolism up so I can lose my extra weight or keep it off but on weeks that I do not do any weight exercise I put on some extra pounds and my body fat goes up. My boyfriend on the other hand is on the skinny side and has a very high metabolism, he tried to gain weight using protein gainers along with making sure he was taking in 4000 to 5000 calories daily, but since he never got up to do any heavy exercise like I had insisted, He stayed the same he did not gain one pound nor did his mass or fat percentages changed. If you are naturally very thin you have to put in alot of effort to gaining the good type of weight making sure you are getting 3500+ calories (not empty calories aka, junk food or fats), atleast 1 gram of protein per pound you have, and plenty of weight training. In the end if you can't gain weight just behappy being thin, trust me you dont want to be on the opposite side of the spectrum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cultivate a habit of eating more than your daily energy and calorie needs. First, find out what is your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which equates your daily calorie need/count to maintain your weight at its current level. Next, start planning your weekly dietary plans to increase your weekly intake by 3500 calories to achieve a weight gain of 1-2 pounds within a week. This translates to an additional 500 calories in your daily calorie intake.

Carbohydrate, which is converted into glucose and glycogen in the body, is the only macronutrient that can supply your body with an immediate source of energy – essential for any type of training.Good sources of carbohydrate for a weight gain diet include whole meal bread, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, couscous, fresh and tinned fruit and dried fruit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts