Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to be more youthful, nice glow in your skin, and no puffy bags under your eyes, you must have a sufficient sleep. Sufficient sleeping definitely rejuvenates your body and makes you feel refreshed with energy. Sleep is absolutely necessary to make you physically and mentally healthy. During your deep sleep cell growth and cell repair activities in your body are being taken up. Not only that, during sleep only your body is reserving energy needed to the immune systems to fight against infection.

During your sleep only healing and repairing process in your body is being taken up. Like good nutrition and exercise, sleep is also essential for maintaining your youthfulness and beauty. On the contrary if you don't have sufficient sleep, your nervous systems are affected with the result you become so drowsy and lack of concentration and you won't be active in your routine. When you are deprived off sleep, you will be looking older than what you are, and your skin will look dried.

·
Registered
363 Posts
As a kid, teenager and early adult I slept at least 9 to 10 hours a day and in my teens more like 11 hours. Now if I get 8 hours I am lucky, although the last few weekends I slept at least 9 or 10 and I saw the difference in my skin.

So, yes I do believe that sleep is VERY important.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Personally, drinking a big cup of herbal decaf green tea in the evening really gives me a good night sleep.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I sleep so much better when I am alone for some reason....it's luxurious to have the whole bed to myself.

It also helps to have a White Noise machine to drown out neighborhood and household noise.

Absolute darkness also helps the melatonin to kick in I heard.

I never use an alarm clock - too jarring. Usually I can tell myself when I need to get up and I automatically do. Having to look forward to a rude alarm just keeps me from sleeping well!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I don't ever use an alarm clock either. It puts me in the worse mood waking up to one!! I tell myself over and over before I fall asleep what time to wake up and that does the trick for me-

Turn on my box fan, set the house alarm, and call it a night!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Wait! are you leaving the party already rat??
Heck no, I was just telling what I did to get a good nights rest, silly goose!!

Nope, I'm here for the long haul fawnie-

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
No fawnie, I haven't. How does the jojoba hold up in the fridge? I am a huge fan of jojoba you know that, so I am sure I will like it!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well you can't refrig this one rat! I just mix the E, the SKB and the jojoba in one shot glass (one that I'm not drinking with). Then I mix the alcohol of choice with the ferulic acid in another. Then last I mix the water and C crystals - so that it doesn't have a chance to oxidize very long. Then dump them all together..
I have to *shake it like a Polaroid picture!* every time before I use it! And I don't refrig it - otherwise the oils just harden too much and it's a mess.

This is a really good one rat and you know we've tried 'em all!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Well you can't refrig this one rat! I just mix the E, the SKB and the jojoba in one shot glass (one that I'm not drinking with). Then I mix the alcohol of choice with the ferulic acid in another. Then last I mix the water and C crystals - so that it doesn't have a chance to oxidize very long. Then dump them all together..
I have to *shake it like a Polaroid picture!* every time before I use it! And I don't refrig it - otherwise the oils just harden too much and it's a mess.

This is a really good one rat and you know we've tried 'em all!
So could you make a base without the E and jojoba? Take out what you need for the week, then add the E and jojoba? then put the base back in the fridge?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I will have to mix some up today and let you know. Can you post the link for me where the recipe is? Pretty please-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh sure here ya go:

Originally Posted by Kassy
I just made a new batch for myself, and wanted to see what the addition of Jojoba Oil (really a wax ester) does.. I love the feel of this, and it penetrates quickly.. (It's the simplest to date IMHO.. And I love it so far.)

In case anybody wants to try, this is what I used; (instructions are the same for the 2 phases posted in the other recipe's.)

15% Vitamin C, E + FA Serum with Jojoba

1 tsp L-AA
1 tsp SKB
1 tsp Jojoba Oil
3 tsp H2O
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1/4 tsp Vitamin E Oil
1/4 tsp Vodka or Witch Hazel (vodka is best and purest thou
FYI and this is just the fawnie way:
I combine the E, jojoba and SKB in #1 glass
The FA and alcohol in #2 glass
The LAA and water in #3 glass

Then dump together and stir a lot.
This way the LAA is not "naked" without the protection of the E and FA too long. If that makes any sense. It might not be necessary but that's what I do anyway.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts