Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have horrible dark circles does anyone know how to get rid of them.
I have been covering them up with makeup, i feel like i have the eyes of a raccoon. I want beautiful eyes

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Make-up wise, never use thick concealers or weird shades (pink, yellow). That results in dry and wrinkly undereye area with the infamous racoon eyes. Also choosing a shade too light only accentuates the problem, I don't know why every beauty blogger, youtube video and article says that for eye area you have to use one or two shades lighter product than your foundation, but that always looks awful and unnatural, dark circles+too white concealer=grayish muddy circles. Either use same shade as your foundation or for really dark circles, go one shade darker. Thats what real makeup artists do. Try to find a realy smooth gel like concealer, like Diorskin Sculpt, Biotherm Forget It. A good eye cream or eye shadow base will help to reduce fine lines and increase make-up hold.
For a more natural result, try an iluminating product on top of the concealer. Lancome Flash Retouche, the one from Guerlain and Dior Skinflash are the greatest things ever. Iluminators are not concealers per se, they don't really cover much, but they use light diffusing pigments that brighten skin around eyes.
Just stay away from Ysl Touche Eclat, it stinks after a while and is full of glitter, just like Clarins one or Givenchy Mister light. The glitter just adds unwanted attention to eye area and looks soo tacky at daytime. Thick concealers like MakeUpForEver Full Cover, Chanel Estompe Eclat, Shiseido Concealing Stick are more suitable for blemishes and are too heavy for eye area, so try to avoid those.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try an eye cream that contains Kojic acid instead of Hydroquinone and has a good moisture to oil balance so the circles aren't intensified. And above all, get checked for allergies. Natural health practitioners call those circles "allergy shiners".

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I use a concealer that's a shade darker than my foundation and I don't have 'muddy circles' under my eyes - it works fine for me if I haven't had much sleep.

The best thing I've found is to get a really light eyeshadow one with a little bit of shimmer to it - not like glittery or anything just something that will reflect the light slightly and put a thin layer of that underneath.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I don't know, I have the Eclat Lumiere thingie somewhere, but it's too chalky and settles into the finest lines. At least around eyes, everywhere else it fine.
I wanted to try Pro Lumiere brush (since the Pro Lumiere foundation is so great), Chanel has it on their website, but no store here carries it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have been noticing dark circles - partly because of a darn sinus infection that won't quit
....anyway, I went to the Mac makeup counter at Macy's and said "help!". They gave me the right shade of concealer and foundation for my skin, and showed me how to use it and blend it in. I'm pretty happy with the results. I do wish there were a permanant solution though.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
MAC is a great line isn't it!
On the subject of sinus infections/congestion, which is a MAJAH factor in dark circles, a Neti pot and saline/baking soda nasal rinses will help so much to thin the secretions and prevent congestion and backup of the.....fluids.

RaY, Nordstrom.com will soon be offering international shopping...but the rates and customs fees I don't know about yet.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
178 Posts
MAC is a great line isn't it!
On the subject of sinus infections/congestion, which is a MAJAH factor in dark circles, a Neti pot and saline/baking soda nasal rinses will help so much to thin the secretions and prevent congestion and backup of the.....fluids.

RaY, Nordstrom.com will soon be offering international shopping...but the rates and customs fees I don't know about yet.
Yeah, I have the NeilMed sinus rinse. It's so gross - but it does work very well. It's made this infection bearable. It's getting better, just very slowly! Thanks!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I feel for you really Jenny. I've fought sinus problems all year too it seems.

I use my BabyQ LED over the sinuses and that seems to "unlock" them...maybe the heat, maybe the increased circulation...it's supposed to increase lymphatic flow. Whatever it does - it helps.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Brightener will help greatly (Dior Radiance pen is awesome). Also use concealer with pink undertones if you are fair. Red and blue are the opposite colors on color wheel so they counteract each other. I love Eve Pearl's magic salmon concealer. It goes on beautifully. Alternatively after pplying your regular concealer take a very very pale pink eyeshadow and gently swipe on the dark circles (with brush). It should do the trick

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just started testing on my husband a rollerball stick for under-eye dark circles, I will post updates in a couple weeks, I just started using it under one 1 of his eyes LOL. If it's dramatic I will post pics.
My understanding is that dark circles are ... quite gross, I am not sure I want to share. Something about weakened capillaries that leak and due to the weak translucent skin in that area, that pool of blood is so visible. So you'd want to strengthen those capillaries as well as increase collagen and elastin production so that the under eye skin gets stronger.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have dark circles and baggy eyes, a real winning combination! I have found that if I apply mineral foundation on the eye area the circles/bags are minimized a great deal. I use regular (liquid) foundation below the eyes because the mineral foundation seems to exaggerate the pores around the nasal area. As long as the shades are similar the makeup seems very natural. I will try a darker shade around the eyes as that sounds like it might work well for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
have u tried teamine? my dermatologist recommended it to me and my dark circles have diminished more than 75%. I had very bad dark circles due to allergies and it helps alot

1 - 20 of 42 Posts